Author Topic: How can I save Custom H2H Arena Setting?  (Read 445 times)

Offline InCrypt

• Copper Member
      • My personal Website.
How can I save Custom H2H Arena Setting?
« on: August 04, 2011, 04:26:08 PM »
I just got done creating a custom arena. I've got it set up with all the parameters for the upcoming FSO. I launched my plane and realized that my Track-IR needed to be reset. This means I've got to log out and log back into Aces High. How can I save, and then Reload, all the settings I've put into the Arena? I've got weather, field ownership, allowed plane sets, and visibility and ack settings all configured.

HELP!
Buddist proverb: "When the Student is ready, the teacher will appear."

Since I have no teacher I know I'm still working on being ready...

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: How can I save Custom H2H Arena Setting?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 04:39:37 PM »
Save the arena tables, maybe?

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 11:10:21 PM »
I just got done creating a custom arena. I've got it set up with all the parameters for the upcoming FSO. I launched my plane and realized that my Track-IR needed to be reset. This means I've got to log out and log back into Aces High. How can I save, and then Reload, all the settings I've put into the Arena? I've got weather, field ownership, allowed plane sets, and visibility and ack settings all configured.

HELP!

Go to CM Tools and save the tables

Your weather(wind) will not be saved. There is not mechanism available to save wind settings.

There is also no mechanism to save objects you might have destroyed in the Objects- Destroy Objects

All the rest of the stuff can be restored via CM Tools load tables

Keep in mind that saving tables only saves the VAR, PLN and FLD files.

The VAR file is the file that represents what you set in Arena Setup Environment
The FLD file is the file that represents which fields belong to who (Bishop-Knight-Rook)
The PLN file is the file that represents what planes or vehicles are available at what fields

The DOD file is the broader arena setup file (flight mode flags, radar ranges etc), and is saved by going to Setup Environment and saving the file

The program will automatically reload the DOD offline....but online you must invoke the DOD via the Load option in the DOD settings

Again...wind is not and never stored or recoverable, nor are objects you destroy...only manual intervention can achieve this on a session by session basis

If you need help on how all this works and how to execute a procedure to store and recover an arena settings profile if you have trouble let me know

Oneway

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 08:43:03 AM »
The PLN file is the file that represents what planes or vehicles are available at what fields

This does not work for custom arenas. I've tried everything to get it to save and load this. HTC needs to sort out this bug. It's a real pain to have to dplane the arena and activate only the planes I want for only the fields I want them at...every time I spawn up an arena.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 09:04:02 PM »
This does not work for custom arenas. I've tried everything to get it to save and load this. HTC needs to sort out this bug. It's a real pain to have to dplane the arena and activate only the planes I want for only the fields I want them at...every time I spawn up an arena.

I totally agree with you

Withstanding your (and my) gripe about this, HTC needs to cut some slack on the arena table stuff...and especially now that we can set up custom arenas

The bottom line is that arena setup is royal pain in the tail...and now that they have opened up custom arenas...the least they can do is enable table uploading...

Another gripe I have is that the CM/MA settings are not viewable on CM tools setup SEA's...I pray that someday they will enable an across the board read-only option to look at the arena settings in the arena your flying.

Keep the pressure on and keep requesting (politely) for this functionality

Oneway

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 09:08:35 PM »
The bottom line is that arena setup is royal pain in the tail...and now that they have opened up custom arenas...the least they can do is enable table uploading...

The other tables load automatically. My variables and colors and stuff is fine. It's just the field/plane setup that isn't loading.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals