Author Topic: Back Road shakedown  (Read 2310 times)

Offline ElGuapo1

• Copper Member
      • http://www.yoursheephaverugburns
Re: Back Road shakedown
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2011, 10:58:35 PM »
2012 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Super Snake....800 HP ....Stock..Now sitdown have a coke and a smile Vette owners... :banana:

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2011, 10:59:58 PM »
2012 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Super Snake....800 HP ....Stock..Now sitdown have a coke and a smile Vette owners... :banana:

i don't think that one'll turn with a vette though.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2011, 11:00:46 PM »
i probably should....but then i may be forced to manpotato myself out to earn the money to buy it.  :noid

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

so the slang for prostitute isn't allowed here?  :rofl :rofl :noid :bolt:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2011, 07:27:04 AM »

Well it's a fact most boats have more horsepower than a vette.
Of course, the Queen Mary doesn't turn or stop or accelerate as well either.

The trick is gettin it hooked .. then add in turning and stopping.
Power vs weight and available tire contact patch, CG .. all that factors in.

Then the completely subjective 'cool' factor.

Mustang is just not a Vette.
-shrug-

Never will be.

Mustang does have a back seat to carry groceries in tho.
How cool is that?

LOL.

-Frank aka GE
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2011, 05:44:55 PM »
welll..since i'm kinda notorious for not letting things rest...much to the chagrin of at least 3 of yas..........i'll post a link from wildcat1's thread.  :devil

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/challenger-camaro-corvette-mustang-2011-07-22?imageNo=0

and if you take the time to read, they took these things through everything from crappy roads(new york, and new jersey) to fun twisties....southern states. it seems as if there were only one place that the "cartoonish" camaro ruled....and it wasn't the twisties, or the track.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Squadron12

• Zinc Member
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2011, 12:12:20 PM »
the shame of this is that that dork's gonna total that car some day. was nice sounding, but you can see he's not up to that cars ability.......but he seems to think he is. he's gonna get overly cocky with it, and wrap it around a tree. and the driving gloves......he needs to lose them.  :rofl

just got to the part where he crossed the intersection....looking both ways. he looks like the car salesman from true lies.  :bolt: :rofl

CAP, you've obviously missed a few lessons in life.... so I figured I'd help out  :old:

1.  be careful what you say, you never know who's listening.  :rolleyes:

2. if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.  :angel:

and most importantly:
3. putting other people down won't make you any taller, or your ____ any bigger.  :oak

Now, if you had ever operated anything in anger, other than a keyboard, you might understand the driving gloves a little better.  Funny you should mention totaling it - while you have been working on your 17,000+ posts, I have been putting over 90,000 miles on the car, totaling it, rebuilding it, and now enjoying what you see in the video that started this thread.  Just cause I say such things, don't get the idea I'm upset - not at all  :D  I happily invite you to stop by anytime, and see if you can handle the passenger seat, or better yet, bring anything you like, and see if you can keep up.  :cheers:

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2011, 12:43:30 PM »
CAP, you've obviously missed a few lessons in life.... so I figured I'd help out  :old:

1.  be careful what you say, you never know who's listening.  :rolleyes:

2. if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.  :angel:

and most importantly:
3. putting other people down won't make you any taller, or your ____ any bigger.  :oak

Now, if you had ever operated anything in anger, other than a keyboard, you might understand the driving gloves a little better.  Funny you should mention totaling it - while you have been working on your 17,000+ posts, I have been putting over 90,000 miles on the car, totaling it, rebuilding it, and now enjoying what you see in the video that started this thread.  Just cause I say such things, don't get the idea I'm upset - not at all  :D  I happily invite you to stop by anytime, and see if you can handle the passenger seat, or better yet, bring anything you like, and see if you can keep up.  :cheers:

well......i never missed those lessons. i've always been one to say what i think, when i think it. if it offends, then it offends. it's made me unpopular in some circles, and gained me respect in other circles.

i've driven things ranging from 4 cylinder pinto stangs, and geos,  up to 26k # tow trucks, and have a LOT of road hours. i've driven 600 hp cars, and 400hp cars.

perhaps there's something i missed in that video....but to me, it appeared as if that car is going to end up wrapped around a tree......and i do think it would be ashame, as it is beautiful. even if it is a chevy.  :devil

oh.......and virtually everything/anything you've ever seen me type here, is the exact same thing that would come out of my mouth, in a face to face meeting.  :aok

i will add that perhaps i should've said "dude" rather than "dork", but i went through that "driving glove" phase...and the fact of the matter is that i thought i myself was a dork too....and in many ways, i still am.  :devil :bolt: ask anyone that knows me. there's at least one member that's met me personally. and many on here, that i'd VERY much like to meet.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 02:34:40 PM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"