Author Topic: Hiding Carriers  (Read 16113 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Hiding Carriers
« Reply #345 on: August 15, 2011, 06:12:03 PM »
Zoney...your past behavior leaves you no leg to stand on since you are only relatively recently removed (in the flight sim timelline) from performing blatant and extreme dweebery and spamming arena buffer with disrespectful smack talk when your questionable behavior is referenced.

Also...please remember that Lyric1 started the hijack with a pathetic attempt to sling mud and I only defended myself.

I would rather discuss the carriers.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:14:28 PM by icepac »

Offline truss51

• Zinc Member
« Reply #346 on: August 15, 2011, 06:40:46 PM »
If your tweeting about AH...

... umm wow....get a life

And if you're tweeting at all get a life and a job.   :devil
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #347 on: August 15, 2011, 06:45:19 PM »
Tweeting carrier positions  :noid
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #348 on: August 15, 2011, 07:05:29 PM »
Be nice.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:26:57 PM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #349 on: August 15, 2011, 07:09:49 PM »
Yes.....beelined straight to my position without any search pattern action from where my film picks him up at 9k out............no search pattern in the relatively large area I could have been or even banking to look until in my immediate area.

Last night, skyryder and myself searched for someone who was flashing our HQ and we performed a search pattern which took more than a few passes right over the con until the eventual finding and killing of Fbcrabby.

To his credit, FBcrabby is an intrepid individual who has pulled off some amazing things in AH and he actually shot all the ack out of the HQ so he could hide among the buildings.

It took a while to find him.

Unlike lyric 1, I performed a search pattern, enjoyed it, and survived finding the enemy........though skyryder was the killer in this one.

What's interesting is that in all of my tank missions to the strats or HQ, nobody has ever beelined me.

The three times I flown to the strats NOE in a plane, one plane has always beelined me......even when the strats/HQ is not flashing.
Well lets see.

First off Bish strats are flashing just after I log in no near by bases for enemy GV's to drive in from. So I joined in in a tank spawn battle for a bit & after a few I give up as there is to many campers & bombs.

I look at clipboard again & strats are still flashing no dar bar & no damage to strats as yet. I had a squad do a NOE B25 mission once before to strats & it was a lot of fun maybe they are doing it again.

So upped a P-38 with that intent of busting a NOE on strats. After a while strats still flashing no dar bar no damage to strats?

GV maybe? Icepac can verify that he has driven many miles to get to strats & I have found him in GV's at or on the way to strats before.

I look at the roster & he is on  :headscratch: To bad I did not put on bombs. So I turned film viewer on so if they tower out I will know later who & if I could not find them with a search I will review tape & come back & deal with them.

So now I am looking for tanks & way off in the distance I can see one dot that looks just wrong on top of the hill? Tank maybe so I head to it then as I get closer it starts moving.

Plane takes off I shoot at him he shoots at me I go down & then strats stop flashing mission accomplished.

Now on the map in question Compello the strats are covered well by radar so there is only a narrow pasage for aircraft to operate in as you can see in this screen shot.

This was not taken at the time.

So I just started looking in the most likely positions.

ICE PACK.ahf

As a side note my first ever film posted on the BBS.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #350 on: August 15, 2011, 07:10:38 PM »
I try not to think about those that hide CV's, lest this should happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0hOfT5aQr8&feature=related
See Rule #4

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #351 on: August 15, 2011, 07:16:52 PM »
Well lets see.

First off Bish strats are flashing just after I log in no near by bases for enemy GV's to drive in from. So I joined in in a tank spawn battle for a bit & after a few I give up as there is to many campers & bombs.

I look at clipboard again & strats are still flashing no dar bar & no damage to strats as yet. I had a squad do a NOE B25 mission once before to strats & it was a lot of fun maybe they are doing it again.

So upped a P-38 with that intent of busting a NOE on strats. After a while strats still flashing no dar bar no damage to strats?

GV maybe? Icepac can verify that he has driven many miles to get to strats & I have found him in GV's at or on the way to strats before.

I look at the roster & he is on  :headscratch: To bad I did not put on bombs. So I turned film viewer on so if they tower out I will know later who & if I could not find them with a search I will review tape & come back & deal with them.

So now I am looking for tanks & way off in the distance I can see one dot that looks just wrong on top of the hill? Tank maybe so I head to it then as I get closer it starts moving.

Plane takes off I shoot at him he shoots at me I go down & then strats stop flashing mission accomplished.

Now on the map in question Compello the strats are covered well by radar so there is only a narrow pasage for aircraft to operate in as you can see in this screen shot.

This was not taken at the time.

(Image removed from quote.)

So I just started looking in the most likely positions.

ICE PACK.ahf

As a side note my first ever film posted on the BBS.

Only comment I have is that it was pretty impressive that you saw him 8k away.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #352 on: August 15, 2011, 07:25:30 PM »
Ice pak, <S> I digressed, I apologize.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #353 on: August 15, 2011, 07:33:05 PM »
Only comment I have is that it was pretty impressive that you saw him 8k away.
Yes I can see a lot futher out than that depending on what some one is in. NOE Goons positively glow at 12k.

Get the best equipment you can afford & all is possible. :aok

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #354 on: August 15, 2011, 09:07:04 PM »
If you're so interested in this lyric1, author a new thread instead of hijacking this one.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #355 on: August 15, 2011, 10:00:30 PM »
If you're so interested in this lyric1, author a new thread instead of hijacking this one.
The glare of the lime light to bright for you?

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #356 on: August 15, 2011, 11:48:37 PM »
Not at all but your derailing this thread with some bizarre whine is just posting on a completely different subject.

Create the thread and leave this thread for CV discussion.