Author Topic: Spixteen perked ?  (Read 23594 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Spixteen perked ?
« Reply #210 on: August 11, 2011, 11:33:16 AM »
Truly, Grizz's skill at playing the game for years on end and then beating rusty "great ones" years removed from their prime is legendary.  I know this because he and you keep telling us so!

Not at all, I do not take rust lightly.  Fighting a rusty vet and winning is not much of an accomplishment.  The best pilots I have fought are guys you have never fought against though which again, is why it is silly to compare players from different eras.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2011, 11:39:39 AM »
I mean no disrespect I am certain the three of us would pillage through hordes and furballs if we flew together.  The comparisons are apples and oranges and a little ridiculous tbh.  But Bronk wanted to toss his hat into the troll ring.   :lol

Heh, I'm just saying that Nath in his prime was almost otherworldly.  He didn't just fly planes that nobody flew back then (109G10, 190A8), but he flew them to the edge of their envelopes and beyond.  He mastered snap roll reversals and induced spins to his advantage in close duels.  Some of the stuff he pulled at times made me shake my head in disbelief.  He was really, really good.  His aim put me to shame too - I remember him 30mm sniping Fester, who attempting to rope him, from 600-700 yards out.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 11:41:11 AM by Dead Man Flying »

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2011, 11:40:51 AM »
I said respected.  :lol

I mean no disrespect I am certain the three of us would pillage through hordes and furballs if we flew together.  The comparisons are apples and oranges and a little ridiculous tbh.  But Bronk wanted to toss his hat into the troll ring.   :lol
See here is the thing... Nath was uber in the 109s before the "lufwobble fix" which made the 109s EZ mode.
See Rule #4

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2011, 11:42:56 AM »
See here is the thing... Nath was uber in the 109s before the "lufwobble fix" which made the 109s EZ mode.

I didn't fly before the "lufwobble fix".

Btw, What do you fly?

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2011, 11:43:41 AM »
I didn't fly before the "lufwobble fix".

Precisely.
See Rule #4

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #215 on: August 11, 2011, 11:47:39 AM »

DOH.  See Grizz, EZ is subjective.  LOL Bronk
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2011, 12:03:17 PM »
Grizz i am not trying to be an arse but you still are interjecting pilot quality into your challenge.

I have personally watched guys like laz wade into dweeb lake in an fm2 OTD and take out 6 or 7 spit XVI before getting zapped by a warp speed temp.... is the FM2 more uber than the XVI now?
See Rule #4

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2011, 12:21:43 PM »
Bronk, 109 will never be EZ mode. Its a high preformance plane yes, but you need to be a good pilot and be familiar with the plane before it will start to shine. But a Spitfire? Stick anyone with a decent grasp of ACM in the cocpit and he'll do reasonably well in it.

Fact is that the spitfire is easier to fly, and easier to fly close to its maximum potential than a 109K.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2011, 12:53:17 PM »
Bronk if the vast majority of the player base was flying the 39Q and P40E's, I'd be in the EZ mode plane.  But they're not, they're in Spits and P51ds.

I also never said the K4 was the toughest bird in the game but it was far from easy.  Did you see how the Pigs were gun shy about fighting me 4v1 in K4s vs my Spit16?  It must not be that easy if they need to renegotiate the terms of a 4v1 gang bang.

You need a competitive aircraft in the MA if you want to have any fun. 

I don't believe that Grizz.  You throw a really good stick in a P40 and he'll do just fine in the MA.  Guys do it in Wildcats.  I have pretty good time in a 1942-43 P38G.

Nothing I like more then running into Spitfires including 16s.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #219 on: August 11, 2011, 12:56:37 PM »
I don't believe that Grizz.  You throw a really good stick in a P40 and he'll do just fine in the MA.  Guys do it in Wildcats.  I have pretty good time in a 1942-43 P38G.

But that's because you are "sick" my friend!  How you 38 drivers manage to get soo filthy-good in those things is incredible.  Pure nastiness....
 :salute

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #220 on: August 11, 2011, 12:56:46 PM »
Grizz i am not trying to be an arse but you still are interjecting pilot quality into your challenge.

I have personally watched guys like laz wade into dweeb lake in an fm2 OTD and take out 6 or 7 spit XVI before getting zapped by a warp speed temp.... is the FM2 more uber than the XVI now?

You bring up the FM2, which I put in the "Turny Class" of airplanes.  The Turny Class makes for an interesting discussion because it is difficult to make heads or tails of what is actually being accomplished flying something that out turns most aircraft in the game.  

In all 1v1 situations in a turny plane you should kill anyone dumb enough to fight you and you should also end up frustrated from most of those who will run from you.

As for fighting in an FM2 outnumbered..  Yes, obviously fighting outnumbered takes skill.  It requires high SA, the ability to reverse, kill quickly, and do so methodically.  But honestly in an FM2 what are you really doing?  It requires very little throttle work since it is already a turning beast and is naturally slower, you basically pull the same full throttle reversal over and over again and faster planes fly by and you shoot them with laser guided 50 cals.  That's all it really is.  And that's how all the turny planes are.  

So while I do appreciate the overall level of skill it takes to fight outnumbered and be able to assess the entire situation from a SA perspective, I don't think killing a few guys low and slow on the deck in an Fm2 is any more impressive than doing it in a Spit9, Spit16, Zero, Hurric, or Brewster for that matter.

P.S. Since you didn't tell me what you fly, I assume you fly an EZ mode plane.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #221 on: August 11, 2011, 12:59:21 PM »

The point was, if everyone was in P40s and I was in a K4, relatively speaking, I would be in the EZ ride. 

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #222 on: August 11, 2011, 01:01:09 PM »
Oh Grizz....now you went and did it man.....you stuck your finger in my IX's eyeball.  The Spitgawds are shaking fingers at you now! ;)

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #223 on: August 11, 2011, 01:01:27 PM »
DOH.  See Grizz, EZ is subjective.  LOL Bronk

Not quite waystin.  This is just a case of EZ moders defending one another.  That's what EZ moders do.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #224 on: August 11, 2011, 01:01:57 PM »
You bring up the FM2, which I put in the "Turny Class" of airplanes.  The Turny Class makes for an interesting discussion because it is difficult to make heads or tails of what is actually being accomplished flying something that out turns most aircraft in the game.

Now we have "turny class" airplanes?  Are those a subset of EZ mode?  This gets confusing.