Author Topic: Spixteen perked ?  (Read 23547 times)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Re: Spixteen perked ?
« Reply #240 on: August 11, 2011, 02:03:22 PM »
The P-40 is a turny bird now?  Where's the P-39?  Why is the Spit VIII a hybrid but the Spit IX a turny bird?

La7 isn't considered EZ mode.  Shane will be very pleased to hear that.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #241 on: August 11, 2011, 02:04:18 PM »
The Creton beatdown was interesting to witness and he dissappeared not long after that as just one example that comes to mind quickly...

Creton was hardly one of the "top sticks" except in his own mind.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #242 on: August 11, 2011, 02:04:40 PM »
The P-40 is a turny bird now?  Where's the P-39?  Why is the Spit VIII a hybrid but the Spit IX a turny bird?

That's because Grizz's list has no basis in fact other than his own opinion. It's all the counts here anyway right?  :rolleyes:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #243 on: August 11, 2011, 02:09:54 PM »
You have upset INK and I.  Just sayin...

ya man seriously that's why I fly it, it is a very easy plane to fly, that has great climb, great guns, gets fast or slow real quick, turns awesome, the only thing it lacks is high speed "run away" power...which I wouldn't use anyway.

like Grizz said earlier to be competitive in MA you need a good plane....and no I dont believe anyone in a P40 will be competitive in the MA, fighting along side a bunch of green guys not withstanding..... :old:

Ink knows his ride is easy mode, and thats why he can take on 8+ guys and win!

:rofl

I wish I could do it EVERY time...sad to say my aim is so bad....don't know how many times I said to my self...damn I wish I had Grizz targeting skills...... :rofl

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #244 on: August 11, 2011, 02:12:05 PM »

Yes P40 is turny bird.  P39 is off the page in its own "pure crap" circle.  Jk, I forgot about that plane.  Spit 8 is right on the edge of turny bird, probably should be.  Spit16 is close also.  They're right on the edge.  La7 is not a turny bird and it is close to being ez mode, but not quite.  

If I ever redo this diagram into AUTOCad I'll be sure to make these adjustments, as well as listing the planes in order approaching the mendoza line as I see appropriate as well.  Thank you for your input into this most excellent project.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #245 on: August 11, 2011, 02:14:31 PM »
Yes P40 is turny bird.  P39 is off the page in its own "pure crap" circle.  Jk, I forgot about that plane.  Spit 8 is right on the edge of turny bird, probably should be.  Spit16 is close also.  They're right on the edge.  La7 is not a turny bird and it is close to being ez mode, but not quite. 

If I ever redo this diagram into AUTOCad I'll be sure to make these adjustments, as well as listing the planes in order approaching the mendoza line as I see appropriate as well.  Thank you for your input into this most excellent project.

LA7 is most certainly "easy" mode....your getting  :old:

LA7 is the top easy mode ride...it is one of the best turners in game and one of the fastest.....definitely easy mode.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #246 on: August 11, 2011, 02:15:22 PM »
I just can’t believe that not one of these great ones has never showed back up and been significantly good in any way.  Not one.  Not EVER.  Statistically speaking, that is unlikely and points to the more likely conclusion that they just weren’t as good as all the noobs at the time (who are vets now and dumb ppl listen to for some reason) remember them to be.  

The Spit 16 is easy.  The more you people argue that it is not, the more you make yourself look stupid.  I remember Lute arguing that the N1K was hard to fly.  What an ultramaroon...
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #247 on: August 11, 2011, 02:15:59 PM »
Ardy and INK,

Then I will continue in the Spit IX....I will refer all Spitcheesewithmywhine whiners to you both.   Excellent news indeed....carry on
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #248 on: August 11, 2011, 02:16:44 PM »
La7 turns worse than the Ki84.  It is fast but it is not a b&z'r.  If it is simply flown for its speed and its speed alone I agree it is EZ mode, but if it is flown the way it should be flown, it is not EZ mode and falls into our "Hybird" Category.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #249 on: August 11, 2011, 02:19:03 PM »
La7 turns worse than the Ki84.  It is fast but it is not a b&z'r.  If it is simply flown for its speed and its speed alone I agree it is EZ mode, but if it is flown the way it should be flown, it is not EZ mode and falls into our "Hybird" Category.

you sure it turns worse then the KI?   im not sure of that...especially at high speed, it will easily out turn the KI....gonna check it out

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #250 on: August 11, 2011, 02:20:35 PM »
you sure it turns worse then the KI?   im not sure of that...especially at high speed, it will easily out turn the KI....gonna check it out

Ki outturns it, I just checked gonzoville.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #251 on: August 11, 2011, 02:20:38 PM »
Ardy and INK,

Then I will continue in the Spit IX....I will refer all Spitcheesewithmywhine whiners to you both.   Excellent news indeed....carry on
:rofl :rofl give me your address, I'll send you some training wheels. You have now officially graduated from me having to hold the back of your bicycle as you pedal.  :D
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #252 on: August 11, 2011, 02:22:28 PM »
Ki outturns it, I just checked gonzoville.

what is the site you can compare like up to four planes?

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #253 on: August 11, 2011, 02:24:39 PM »
That's because Grizz's list has no basis in fact other than his own opinion. It's all the counts here anyway right?  :rolleyes:

And to answer your previous question which I was not ignoring, I really don't care anymore in "proving" something I already know to be indisputable fact, and that is, the Spit16, is EZ mode.  That's just my opinion though, there are plenty of Spit16 pilots that disagree with me.  :rofl

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #254 on: August 11, 2011, 02:26:47 PM »
lol
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch