Author Topic: Spixteen perked ?  (Read 23548 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Spixteen perked ?
« Reply #255 on: August 11, 2011, 02:30:09 PM »
:rofl :rofl give me your address, I'll send you some training wheels. You have now officially graduated from me having to hold the back of your bicycle as you pedal.  :D
Will you send INK some too?  His KI is is bad disrepair.  Oh and I shot three bunnies this week in Wichita, KS while I was there on Biz.  Gonna hang the skins on my wall.  Want one?
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #256 on: August 11, 2011, 02:32:31 PM »
Will you send INK some too?  His KI is is bad disrepair.  Oh and I shot three bunnies this week in Wichita, KS while I was there on Biz.  Gonna hang the skins on my wall.  Want one?
killing family members?!!?!?!

now your getting personal :mad: :mad: :( :mad:
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #257 on: August 11, 2011, 02:35:51 PM »
I just can’t believe that not one of these great ones has never showed back up and been significantly good in any way.  Not one.  Not EVER.  Statistically speaking, that is unlikely and points to the more likely conclusion that they just weren’t as good as all the noobs at the time (who are vets now and dumb ppl listen to for some reason) remember them to be.  

That's a silly and self-serving statement to say the least.  I'm not even sure where to begin with all of the assumptions you've built into it.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #258 on: August 11, 2011, 02:45:54 PM »
I asked you honestly earlier to help me devise some sort of fair experiment or tracking of stats to establish your EZ mode as a real quantifiable thing.  Do you have any ideas?  Otherwise we are still in the land of subjective opinions.  Your original argument lacks any credibility, and smacks of dislike for certain plane types that are not your preference.  I'll give this up to you being stubborn and hard-headed soon, as your arguments keep coming back to labeling and name chucking.  It bores me.

I have one but it would be a lot of work. The problem is looking at plane stats as a whole. If you want to factor out pilot quality all you have to do is look at the stats of the planes per pilot

so if Dweebnoober1 has K/D of .46, he has a distribution of the planes he flies. The relative position of planes in that distribution gives a clue as to which planes are easy and which are difficult for that pilot. Example: of his .46 K/D the SpitXVI is his best plane at .57 and the P-39 is his worst plane at .03.  Relative to this guy the SPitXVI ranks Number 1, and is x standards deviations above his average. Do the same for every player, and you can examine which planes rank above a players average and by how much, and how often. The population density distribution of those pilot-relative rankings will identify the planes that are easymode.

The problem as I see it is extracting that data from the stats page, means searching each player, one at a time to get his/her individual distributions. anyone have the time?  :salute

« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 02:47:35 PM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #259 on: August 11, 2011, 02:50:57 PM »
Vink,

I, personally, would rather rub crap in my hair than complete that project...but that's me. :bhead

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #260 on: August 11, 2011, 02:52:18 PM »
Vink,

I, personally, would rather rub crap in my hair than complete that project...but that's me. :bhead

:rofl

Vink, great effort man I think that would work for the most part, although it wouldn't take into account "when" each individual plane was flown as far as in which in game situations, like base defense or offense. 

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #261 on: August 11, 2011, 02:54:12 PM »
Vink,

Just pointing out that it's possible. I wasn't volunteering either!   :D

The analysis would take 15 minutes once I had the data. All the work is getting the data. I don;t know of a faster way, but if someone does let me know.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #262 on: August 11, 2011, 02:56:20 PM »
Just pointing out that it's possible. I wasn't volunteering either!   :D

The analysis would take 15 minutes once I had the data. All the work is getting the data. I don;t know of a faster way, but if someone does let me know.  :salute
Get Lusche!!!  I will rub my crap in his hair!  He has data-table-majik.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #263 on: August 11, 2011, 02:57:06 PM »
:rofl

Vink, great effort man I think that would work for the most part, although it wouldn't take into account "when" each individual plane was flown as far as in which in game situations, like base defense or offense. 

Exactly! I do that with Spitsteen. I only fly them for base defense so my K/D in them stinks, but those exception might pop, and the extremum dropped. I hope the large number of players would produce statistically significant data in the center away from the extremes.
Who is John Galt?

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #264 on: August 11, 2011, 02:59:47 PM »
Exactly! I do that with Spitsteen. I only fly them for base defense so my K/D in them stinks, but those exception might pop, and the extremum dropped. I hope the large number of players would produce statistically significant data in the center away from the extremes.

The population likely would.  A stats man, I like it.  :aok

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #265 on: August 11, 2011, 03:06:48 PM »
I just received a warning from our corp mail servers that a hacking attempt may be occurring because of the volume of auto-emails (HTC notification emails about this thread).  This will not end well for me...

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #266 on: August 11, 2011, 03:07:03 PM »
Btw, I just pwned you all on the deck in my K4 in this thread.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #267 on: August 11, 2011, 03:07:26 PM »
LOL at the A6M as easy mode.

That is completely absurd. An aircraft that is extremely slow, handles poorly at speed, catches fire easily and has poor or below average guns depending on the version.

I agree that the Spitfire Mk XVI and Spitfire Mk VIII are relatively easy to be successful in, but that is supported by historical data as well.  Whining about them in the game like you lot do is pathetic.

Also, the Mossie seems to have been left out of that chart, Grizz.  I am not sure if it is easy mode for the nose mounted Hispanos and speed or hard mode for its relative lack of maneuverability.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 03:09:14 PM by Karnak »
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #268 on: August 11, 2011, 03:10:47 PM »
That data collection would also be skewed because not everybody flies everything.  How many people who've been here less than a year have more than maybe 1 or 2 sorties in the Ta-152 as an example?

I don't think EZ mode can be quantified in this regard.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #269 on: August 11, 2011, 03:11:19 PM »
LOL at the A6M as easy mode.

That is completely absurd. An aircraft that is extremely slow, handles poorly at speed, catches fire easily and has poor or below average guns depending on the version.

I got lazy with the A6m's because who honestly gives a hoot about zeros.  I should have split up the Zero's and the early war one goes in Turny bird, but the A6m2b and the A6m3 are both easy mode.  Please refer to FM2 discussion for my reasoning.  And the fact that the zero is the sharpest turner in the game aside from the Hurri1, it definitely allows it to fall into the category of EZ mode.  Speed is irrelevant when you are picking furballs and only beating people in turn fights that are stupid enough to fight you.