Author Topic: Spixteen perked ?  (Read 23596 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Spixteen perked ?
« Reply #315 on: August 11, 2011, 06:44:06 PM »
Inversly, the spit 16 doesn't require you to fly it in any paticular style, or require you to do or avoid anything in paticular. Same is true for the P-51, the N1K, the Brewster, etc.

Erm, the B-239 is pretty much forced to fly exclusively TnB due to it being, you know, tied for the slowest fighter in AH along with the I-16 and having crap for E generation.  You can go downhill with it well, but that only lasts as long as you have downhill.  Not saying it isn't easy, just that it is forced into a particular fighting style.

By contrast, the Spitfire Mk XVI can use multiple styles very effectively, even transitioning between them well due to E generation.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #316 on: August 11, 2011, 06:48:12 PM »
Brewster holds E well enough to compete in the BnZ with many of the best planes. Not sure why that is but it does.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #317 on: August 11, 2011, 06:55:14 PM »
WMaker's clown car sense is working overtime right now

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #318 on: August 11, 2011, 06:57:07 PM »
WMaker's clown car sense is working overtime right now
Clown wagon... its a clown wagon

somewhere in Finland

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #319 on: August 11, 2011, 06:57:29 PM »
All this angst cause I misread the hangar perks. :huh

Honestly how often have we been here over this airplane ?
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #320 on: August 11, 2011, 07:17:48 PM »
I know this isnt a thread about a brewster, but...  Its one of the easiest kills in the game unless you fly against it like a total moron.  Its slower then almost everything, climbs like crap, blows E.

Do NOT turn with it.  Do anything else, ANYTHING and it's a sitting duck against an average pilot.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #321 on: August 11, 2011, 07:33:29 PM »
Brewster holds E well enough to compete in the BnZ with many of the best planes. Not sure why that is but it does.
Dunno, but for something that is "easymode" the B-239's K/D ratio sure sucks.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #322 on: August 11, 2011, 07:46:46 PM »
Dunno, but for something that is "easymode" the B-239's K/D ratio sure sucks.
That's  because it's the first plane on the menu in any furball.  Anyone that let's one live in any fight is not smart
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #323 on: August 11, 2011, 07:47:29 PM »
I know this isnt a thread about a brewster, but...  Its one of the easiest kills in the game unless you fly against it like a total moron.  Its slower then almost everything, climbs like crap, blows E.

Do NOT turn with it.  Do anything else, ANYTHING and it's a sitting duck against an average pilot.
Theres something in it. Once Sukov and me in 152s ran into like 20 brewsters... we landed 15 kills. What a turkey shoot that was.
In the other hand, the Brew can be very hard to avoid. Just look how Makers flying it: high, waiting for you to be separated, then dives on your six. You cant break and overshoot, you cant dive away unless you have more than 6-8k underneath, youre hopeless. It takes a time for him to regain the lost E, true, but he often has fellas nearby to cover him while climbing.
In the hands of a picky pilot, the brew can be very deadly. If he comes with E, he can get the kill on you (even tho he can be picked not as long after it...).
Some planes require ACM skills and SA to be successful. The brew only requires SA.
AoM
City of ice

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #324 on: August 11, 2011, 07:58:33 PM »

wel this is something I completely disagree with...this kinda thought process....

if you never attempt to do it, you will never be able to do it..is my thinking..and I could post pics of me out turning not one brewster but TWO in my KI slow on the deck...while dodging a yak and 51.... :headscratch:

:rofl

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #325 on: August 11, 2011, 09:49:20 PM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #326 on: August 11, 2011, 10:07:09 PM »
Ouch nice try for a low blow bunnies :)  Mickys from liverpool..  I always ask if he was on the Titanic :p
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #327 on: August 11, 2011, 10:27:21 PM »

La-7 Made it above the Medoza but the Dora didn't, not once, but twice!?   :confused:  :huh   You're dead to me Grizz.

The list knows not the color of one's skin.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #328 on: August 11, 2011, 10:54:18 PM »
wel this is something I completely disagree with...this kinda thought process....

if you never attempt to do it, you will never be able to do it..is my thinking..and I could post pics of me out turning not one brewster but TWO in my KI slow on the deck...while dodging a yak and 51.... :headscratch:

:rofl

Don't confuse the pilot with the airplane... The Buffalo has virtually the same turn radius as the A6M3. It will eat a Ki-84 for lunch in a simple turning contest. When you out-turn one with the Ki-84, you are out-flying its pilot, not the airplane. I shot down a SpitV with a P-51 in a maneuver fight... The Spit pilot must have been a noob, as he never came close to what his aircraft was capable of. The MA is loaded with pilots who have no concept of ACM, the SA of Stevie Wonder and the tactical sense of a box turtle crossing a freeway.
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #329 on: August 12, 2011, 12:20:56 AM »
Don't confuse the pilot with the airplane... The Buffalo has virtually the same turn radius as the A6M3. It will eat a Ki-84 for lunch in a simple turning contest. When you out-turn one with the Ki-84, you are out-flying its pilot, not the airplane. I shot down a SpitV with a P-51 in a maneuver fight... The Spit pilot must have been a noob, as he never came close to what his aircraft was capable of. The MA is loaded with pilots who have no concept of ACM, the SA of Stevie Wonder and the tactical sense of a box turtle crossing a freeway.

that is completely besides the point.....only reason I was able to out maneuver the two brews and friends was in the past I always fought no matter what......if I would have had a defeatist attitude IE " dont try that..... or it cant be done"    I would not have clue one as to how to go about the killing of 4 nme cons....... alone.

but ya I understand what you are saying :D