Author Topic: Spixteen perked ?  (Read 23578 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Spixteen perked ?
« Reply #345 on: August 12, 2011, 09:45:24 AM »
Perhaps I'm presenting it incorrectly and should rephrase it in the form of a jeopardy-style dilemma....What makes it difficult to fly?

It's a matter of relativity to the similar turning planes around it.  What makes any turny bird difficult to fly?  What makes the Ki61 difficult to fly? Or the F4U1? Or the F6F for that matter?

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #346 on: August 12, 2011, 09:54:46 AM »
Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but is the 109G14 missing?

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #347 on: August 12, 2011, 09:55:33 AM »
Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but is the 109G14 missing?

:O
Nice catch.  It will be added.  It is close to the K4, just shifted slightly up and to the right in the hybrid section.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #348 on: August 12, 2011, 09:58:40 AM »
At the risk of further confusing Leviathn, I will take my Plane Classifications a step further.  My list is based on the planes performance and how I see it utilized by the vast majority of the player base in the game.  There are exceptions however, based on flying style.  For example, if you turn a Fw190A8 like KillnU, it goes from a borderline EZ mode B&Z aircraft, to an extremely difficult Hybrid.

(Image removed from quote.)

Colors:

Yellow: IrishOne in the 190A5.  His ability and persistence to turn it and push the envelope push the A5 into the Hybrid Category very close to the P38's class.
Blue: BigR in the P51D.  Same explanation.  He pushes the envelope and uses it for both B&Z and close range and slow speed rolling scissor getting everything out of the P51.  Quite a large jump from the normal deviation of P51D performance.
Pink: The timid noob in an La7.  He refuses to do anything with the La7 other than run.  He does not understand its capability as a fighter.  As result he turns the La7 into a one dimensional B&Z fighter down with the P51D and Tempest.  Unfortunately for him, he doesn't have the fuel to get many kills doing this.
Green: Ink in the Ki84.  While it is more difficult to push an already decent turning aircraft into non ez mode territory, INK manages to do it.  He neglects the Ki84's ability's in the vertical because it is beneath him as a warrior to not be in the thick of things turning with as many as he can.  As result of this consistent style to the Ki84, he pushes the aircraft out of the Hybrid zone into Turny Bird Zone and also out of the EZ mode zone.

So just because you fly an EZ mode plane, there is hope for a slight adjustment based on how you fly.  And just because you fly a non EZ mode plane, you might in fact be shifted into the EZ mode zone by flying it timidly in a purely one dimensional sense, like in our example with the Pink La7 Newbie.

EDIT: After a moment of reflection and a bribe from Shane that turned out to not pan out, I am slightly modifying the La7's initial placement to right on the edge of EZ mode in the Hybrid section.  A minor shift, but it kind of irks me that it is not closer to that line.

There will be one more revision to my venn diagram before it is set in stone and made official for the end of toon time, so if there are any other inconsistencies that you see let me know with your reasoning and I may make some minor adjustments.  Thank you, and Godspeed.

ALL the JUGS are in the B&Z category----> :(      :P

Thats not very uplifting

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #349 on: August 12, 2011, 09:59:41 AM »
Your chart creates a conundrum for me...  I have been flying the Ki84 as my primary ride for quite awhile now.  I didn't realize that it was considered EZ Mode.  So, I must now decide if I should switch to flying the C205 primarily to get above the EZ mode line, a plane that I enjoy also...  Or ignore the chart and continue as I have been...  Or just switch to the Spixteen altogether, since I was already in EZ mode apparently, why not go to Super EZ mode?   :D

I guess the question is this...  Is the EZ Mode line the same as a Dweeb line?   Or is it possible to be below the EZ Mode line but above the Dweeb Line (not shown)?   :bolt:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 10:01:28 AM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #350 on: August 12, 2011, 10:02:01 AM »
Your chart creates a conundrum for me...  I have been flying the Ki84 as my primary ride for quite awhile now.  I didn't realize that it was considered EZ Mode.  So, I must now decide if I should switch to flying the C205 primarily to get above the EZ mode line, a plane that I enjoy also...  Or ignore the chart and continue as I have been...  Or just switch to the Spixteen altogether, since I was already in EZ mode apparently, why not go to Super EZ mode?   :D

:lol
The only non ez mode thing about the Ki84 is the fact that it can't dive well.  But there's no reason to dive away from a fight when you can simply climb away from a fight.  It does everything very very well.  I hate to put it in EZ Mode territory but it truly is. 

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #351 on: August 12, 2011, 10:02:43 AM »
It's a matter of relativity to the similar turning planes around it.  What makes any turny bird difficult to fly?  What makes the Ki61 difficult to fly? Or the F4U1? Or the F6F for that matter?
I respect this project because it oozes importance and urinates excellence ...but....your answer was an excellent deflection shot.  I will try again...why is the Brewster not an easy mode plane when it is clearly easier to master than the entire list of planes below the line?

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 10:04:44 AM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #352 on: August 12, 2011, 10:05:15 AM »

ALL the JUGS are in the B&Z category----> :(      :P

Thats not very uplifting

JUGgler

As I said before, the chart is based on how the majority of the pilots fly the planes of Aces High, but there can be modifications based on individual pilot habits as I showed in my previous illustration.  You of course fly a Hybird non ez mode jug based on your hard headed persistence to turn it more than use its E to your advantage.  :D

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #353 on: August 12, 2011, 10:10:27 AM »
True.  If we had a Venn diagram Best of 5 showdown he would likely win.

Nah, he wasn't big on wasting time by drawing Venn diagrams to post on an online forum.  You win by default.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #354 on: August 12, 2011, 10:13:39 AM »
I respect this project because it oozes importance and urinates excellence ...but....your answer was an excellent deflection shot.  I will try again...why is the Brewster not an easy mode plane when it is clearly easier to master than the entire list of planes below the line?

I am not in the business of deflecting questions.  I will stand tall and proud by my list; I disagree with what you just said.  How do you figure the planes below it to be more difficult to "master" or just worse planes in general?  What can the Brewster do that the HurriC cannot do?  HurriC has better guns, turns better, better visibility.  Brewster dives better, that's it.  In a 1v1 same pilot, HurriC beats Brewster, A6M beats Brewster easily.  Spit9 likely beats Brewster.

Question for you sir, Why do you fly the Spit9 and not the Brewster? Abide by my chart, the Brewster is not EZ mode yet the Spit9 clearly is.  Fly the Brewster, do better than you do in the Spit9, Master It.  Show me how EZ mode it is.  My experience and gut tells me that there is no chance you will be as lethal in the Brew as you are and have the potential to be in the Spit9, or HurriC and N1K for that matter.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #355 on: August 12, 2011, 10:15:56 AM »
I'd actually put the La7 initially in the higher-end EZ mode BnZ category (acknowledging the negatives of the lala), with someone like me pushing it into the hybrid zone, much like killnu does with the FW.

But to be honest, all planes are easy-mode, especially after you learn them, some are just more newbie-friendly.

I'd have gone with that title "newbie-friendly" and "vet"  - you'd have hooked even more, imho.   :aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #356 on: August 12, 2011, 10:16:13 AM »
Nah, he wasn't big on wasting time by drawing Venn diagrams to post on an online forum.  You win by default.

We all have to waste our time somehow.  Especially when we have little to do at work yet are forced to still attend.  That is my excuse, and I'll be here all day ladies and gentleman.

Btw, I have corn in my poop.  :banana:

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #357 on: August 12, 2011, 10:18:18 AM »
Btw, I have corn in my poop.  :banana:

i have it from an authority (friends of a plumber family) that, actually... you have poop in your corn.

:bolt:
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #358 on: August 12, 2011, 10:18:40 AM »
I'd actually put the La7 initially in the higher-end EZ mode BnZ category (acknowledging the negatives of the lala), with someone like me pushing it into the hybrid zone, much like killnu does with the FW.

But to be honest, all planes are easy-mode, especially after you learn them, some are just more newbie-friendly.

I'd have gone with that title "newbie-friendly" and "vet"  - you'd have hooked even more, imho.   :aok

I am not pleased with the current location of the La.  I will revisit this before posting my final Diagram.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #359 on: August 12, 2011, 10:20:38 AM »

I disagree, I think calling people's favorite airplanes EZ Mode really gets their panties in a wad.  Didn't you see me get waystin all riled up?  :lol