Author Topic: Spixteen perked ?  (Read 23558 times)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Re: Spixteen perked ?
« Reply #375 on: August 12, 2011, 11:30:15 AM »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 12, 2011, 11:32:21 AM »
LOL 109K4 ranks highest.

If you give all factors the same weight, yes. But of course one can change the filters and priorities until his fighter of choice will come out as #1  :D

And this shows the problem... all attempts to get to an objective conclusion purely base on performance data will run into a dead end at some point.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #377 on: August 12, 2011, 11:33:05 AM »

wtf?!?   is he trying to give free exams again?    he didn't ask you to get naked and cough, did he?

:uhoh  what if he did ask   :uhoh
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #378 on: August 12, 2011, 11:33:37 AM »
If you give all factors the same weight, yes. But of course one can change the filters and priorities until his fighter of choice will come out as #1  :D

I was about to modify my comment to remark that no doubt Grizz will weight turn rate and other factors disproportionately until the K4 falls far below first place.  That's to be expected of course.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #379 on: August 12, 2011, 11:39:27 AM »
Well, good afternoon to you, Captain Insecure.  Congratulations on your success in beating people years removed from the game while flying literally hundreds of hours in the past several months.  As we know, playing any game that involves practiced reflex actions, exceptional timing, muscle memory, and good stick control is just like riding a bike.  No doubt you encountered these legends at the top of their game in well-oiled fighting shape, which makes you better than them in every conceivable way.  

You, sir, are the new evolution of pilot.  People don't call you a legend, because that's not enough.... you are to legends what legends are to the rest of us.

I'm only insecure about my friends not liking me, not about my cartoon piloting.  I'm down to fight anyone anytime.  :aok

Your post and things you have said stink of insecurity though.  For example you have said that when you come back you will fly in shades to knock rust off.  This is insecurity at its finest.  I also know for fact that you have been flying in shades within the past year in the dueling arena knocking rust off.   :aok

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #380 on: August 12, 2011, 11:40:11 AM »
LOL 109K4 ranks highest.

Only if you are foolish enough to think every metric in those tables should be weighted equally.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #381 on: August 12, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
Your post and things you have said stink of insecurity though.  For example you have said that when you come back you will fly in shades to knock rust off.  This is insecurity at its finest.  I also know for fact that you have been flying in shades within the past year in the dueling arena knocking rust off.   :aok

On the contrary.  I would fly in shades because of folks like yourself.  I'd want to fly in peace, not have you hunting me down for trophy sport.  Sorry, my money and time aren't spent to make you feel better about yourself.

I've flown possibly 5 hours in the last year on two-week accounts, not so much to knock rust off as to see the status of the game and see if I still have the desire to keep playing.  So far, no desire.  So sorry, you'll just have to guess how good it could have been to kill me over and over.  That won't be a problem from what I can tell.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #382 on: August 12, 2011, 11:43:34 AM »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #383 on: August 12, 2011, 11:44:09 AM »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #384 on: August 12, 2011, 11:45:21 AM »
Only if you are foolish enough to think every metric in those tables should be weighted equally.

I'd only be foolish if I thought you wouldn't weight things disproportionately to value planes that aren't the 109K.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 12, 2011, 11:45:27 AM »
Awesome Lusche.

Just to prevent any possible misunderstanding, I didn't make that matrix.  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #386 on: August 12, 2011, 11:47:23 AM »
No 2 separate ideas - love the Venn diagram and congratulated you for it. No sarcasm at all.

Then went off on a tangent about dweeb planes v dweeb pilots and the whole damn thing. No I'm Australian, which is sort of British only more improved. We pay for things when we go shopping, not kick the door in with 500 of our closest friends, take what we want and burn the place.

LOL, allrighty then.  If I may gently remind you Australia was an English penal colony populated by lawbreaker rejects who were your ancestors.

Just sayin.

Just throwin it out there.

BTW, I've met alot of Australians, a few I have gotten to know rather well and I have never met one I didn't like.  Australia would also be the first place I would move to if for some unknown reason I was leaving the U.S.  I just felt like pokin' you with a sharp stick for fun knowing you would most likely just smile and roll with it, not like the French whom when poked will immediately develop a catastrophic leak, flying around the room untill they were completely deflated, laying in the corner all sad and wrinkly looking.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:51:12 AM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #387 on: August 12, 2011, 11:47:27 AM »
We 38 drivers would like to be represented closer to the line..... any line.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #388 on: August 12, 2011, 11:54:44 AM »
I played around with that matrix, and it's actually pretty interesting both weighted and unweighted.  It largely confirms my gut instincts about a lot of planes.  Clearly the Spit XVI is best in class, and even though the 109K4 hits the top in the unweighted, a lot of those categories are pretty meaningless (high alt climb rate?).  Surprisingly, if you weight according to a number of the preset weighting functions (pure performance, evasiveness) the Spit XVI and 109K4 rank pretty close to one another.

I was never a particular fan of the 109K because I didn't like its high speed handling, but I always thought it was a helluva plane.  It's not terribly maneuverable (only ranks 21st in that weighted category), but its very good overall for performance and elusiveness.  It's great for staying alive and for killing stuff, though it's not necessarily the best furballer around.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #389 on: August 12, 2011, 12:01:11 PM »
And this shows the problem... all attempts to get to an objective conclusion purely base on performance data will run into a dead end at some point.

Agreed, particularly when laced with some subjective input as well.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!