Author Topic: Spixteen perked ?  (Read 23575 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Spixteen perked ?
« Reply #390 on: August 12, 2011, 12:03:15 PM »
On the contrary.  I would fly in shades because of folks like yourself.  I'd want to fly in peace, not have you hunting me down for trophy sport.  Sorry, my money and time aren't spent to make you feel better about yourself.

I've flown possibly 5 hours in the last year on two-week accounts, not so much to knock rust off as to see the status of the game and see if I still have the desire to keep playing.  So far, no desire.  So sorry, you'll just have to guess how good it could have been to kill me over and over.  That won't be a problem from what I can tell.

Please stop trying to turn this into a chest thumping match, this thread is plenty of fun without it.  

Since you think you know me so well, ask Drex how many times I hunted him or asked to duel him (after all he is a Toon God), or even sent him a message when he returned a few months ago, then report back with your findings please.  :aok  To save you the trouble, the answer is 0.  Like you if you ever returned, he was just another old player flying around, not really a big deal.  Legends can take all the time they need to knock rust off and if they want to fight and see if they still have that loving feelin, they can PM me or another top stick in the game for a duel and see what happens.  :aok

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #391 on: August 12, 2011, 12:06:49 PM »
Please stop trying to turn this into a chest thumping match, this thread is plenty of fun without it.  

There' s only one person insecurely thumping his chest here, and it's not me.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #392 on: August 12, 2011, 12:09:34 PM »
There' s only one person insecurely thumping his chest here, and it's not me.

If you say so. 

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #393 on: August 12, 2011, 12:11:30 PM »
If you say so. 

I do.  Now about that EZ mode 109K.... :)

Hey, don't look at me!  It's what the matrix says.  Don't ever question the matrix.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #394 on: August 12, 2011, 12:11:53 PM »
GRizz,
I like the ven diagram but it needs some suplimenting because it visually doesn't provide enough explanation of why the planes are where they are at. Been working with Waystin on something like this.....

The axis represent [so far what I think :D] are the key attributes to a planes capability. The more area the plane covers the better it is at providing the pilot with options in any given situation he may come across in the MA. The P-39 is very limiting in what choices the pilot can execute at any given moment. Whereas the SpitXVI doesn't limit the choices much at all.  By the way, something tells me HTC may have performed this exersise already and the results = ENY scores. I think Deadman was talking along these lines. This skips the need to use the exact performance cuves but rather to rate the planes from 0-10 basing it on the objective data,  But also to account for things you won't find in the performance tables like how violently the plane departs, and how easy it is to recover from a stall. I just call that "Stall performance".  Or whether the wings balloon in a dive, by just including that in the assessment of "dive Performance" etc...

All may have a different opinion on how many axis, and what the weighting for each is, but if you all do your own, the rank order should come out very similar.

Axis where you have an advantage in your plane over the opponent, are things you focus on in your attack/defense strategy. If the area of your plane completely engulfs the other plane, then he doesn't stand a chance.

The Spit is easy mode because the pilots choices are never limitted because the plane does most things better then most other planes in most situations.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 12:20:54 PM by Vinkman »
Who is John Galt?

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #395 on: August 12, 2011, 12:12:21 PM »
You guys are like watching bad tennis.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #396 on: August 12, 2011, 12:13:12 PM »
i just purchased a Hot Air Balloon off EBay, real big monster it is, I'll leave it in here so it can fill up, save's me some cash on propane. :D
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #397 on: August 12, 2011, 12:14:01 PM »
On the contrary.  I would fly in shades because of folks like yourself.  I'd want to fly in peace, not have you hunting me down for trophy sport.  Sorry, my money and time aren't spent to make you feel better about yourself.

Hey, dont flatter yourself.  As Grizz pointed out, nobody cared about Drex being around.  Sounds like somebody is scared to me.

Just sayin.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #398 on: August 12, 2011, 12:15:34 PM »
This whole thread is beyond retarded self serving BS and I didn't want to post in it but I have to say that I really like that presentation of yours, Vinkman. Of course the "values" that anyone gives to any plane's attributes are very subjective. For example, I don't think Spit16's speed should get a "9" but maybe a 7 or 8. Anyway I really like idea behind that graph.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #399 on: August 12, 2011, 12:15:46 PM »

I've flown possibly 5 hours in the last year on two-week accounts, not so much to knock rust off as to see the status of the game and see if I still have the desire to keep playing.  So far, no desire.  So sorry, you'll just have to guess how good it could have been to kill me over and over.  That won't be a problem from what I can tell.

Awesome.  So this game so many of us love to play is not up to your high standards, (or at least not good enough for you to pay for like the rest of us but you're ok with having a few 2 week free trials), but you've got no problem rippin Grizz on the boards as he obviously joined in the fun.  Honestly, I know what I said was harsh but I just don't understand what motivates you to grace us with your opinion on a game that isn't good enough for you to play.

Wag more, bark less.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #400 on: August 12, 2011, 12:16:49 PM »
Vinkman,

Spit 9 and Brew please...
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #401 on: August 12, 2011, 12:19:16 PM »
Awesome.  So this game so many of us love to play is not up to your high standards, (or at least not good enough for you to pay for like the rest of us but you're ok with having a few 2 week free trials), but you've got no problem rippin Grizz on the boards as he obviously joined in the fun.  Honestly, I know what I said was harsh but I just don't understand what motivates you to grace us with your opinion on a game that isn't good enough for you to play.

I love the game, don't get me wrong.  But when you play it for years and years as I did, the burning desire to log in and play just isn't there.  I chatted with Drex back in November when he was mulling coming back (which he did briefly; I don't think he's flown in six months), and he was the same way pretty much.  Great game, but you really have to have a burning desire to want to play it constantly.  I haven't had that fire in the belly for some time now.

My opinion is my own, you're welcome to listen to it or ignore it.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #402 on: August 12, 2011, 12:24:33 PM »
GRizz,
I like the ven diagram but it needs some suplimenting because it visually doesn't provide enough explanation of why the planes are where they are at. Been working with Waystin on something like this.....

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

The axis represent [so far what I think :D] are the key attributes to a planes capability. The more area the plane covers the better it is at providing the pilot with options in any given situation he may come across in the MA. The P-39 is very limiting in what choices the pilot can execute at any given moment. Whereas the SpitXVI doesn't limit the choices much at all.  By the way, something tells me HTC may have performed this exersise already and the results = ENY scores. I think Deadman was talking along these lines. This skips the need to use the exact performance cuves but rather to rate the planes from 0-10 basing it on the objective data,  But also to account for things you won't find in the performance tables like how violently the plane departs, and how easy it is to recover from a stall. I just call that "Stall performance".  Or whether the wings balloon in a dive, by just including that in the assessment of "dive Performance" etc...

All may have a different opinion on how many axis, and what the weighting for each is, but if you all do your own, the rank order should come out very similar.

Axis where you have an advantage in your plane over the opponent, are things you focus on in your attack/defense strategy. If the area of your plane completely engulfs the other plane, then he doesn't stand a chance.

The Spit is easy mode because the pilots choices are never limitted because the plane does most things better then most other planes in most situations.

Yes, those are nice diagrams that do help paint the picture.  Nice job.  While I do feel most of the planes are accurately placed in my venn diagram, these figures help supplement validation for their locations.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #403 on: August 12, 2011, 12:26:17 PM »
Yes, those are nice diagrams that do help paint the picture.  Nice job.  While I do feel most of the planes are accurately placed in my venn diagram, these figures help supplement validation for their locations.

Yeah, those are awesome.  It'd be nice to have a way to juxtapose one on the other for comparison purposes, maybe with with two different colors.

Vinkman, great job!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #404 on: August 12, 2011, 12:32:24 PM »
This whole thread is beyond retarded self serving BS and I didn't want to post in it but I have to say that I really like that presentation of yours, Vinkman. Of course the "values" that anyone gives to any plane's attributes are very subjective. For example, I don't think Spit16's speed should get a "9" but maybe a 7 or 8. Anyway I really like idea behind that graph.

Hello Widow,

What you see from Vinkman is subjective at this point as we have not actually collected/correlated the data.  It is a visual representation only of what the chart would look like.  From what I see they both will most likely change after true data is plugged in.  By the way, I may request your help in filling in performance data for the Brewster if you are amenable to that.

:salute

Way

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!