Author Topic: Spixteen perked ?  (Read 23563 times)

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Re: Spixteen perked ?
« Reply #465 on: August 12, 2011, 03:46:56 PM »
Now to throw a monkey wrench into the equation; how much does the setup come into play?

Wal Mart stick vs. Thrustmaster, mouse vs IR tracker, 2 button vs 5 button mouse, 17' vs 19" screen, and on and on. Can we assume that better equipment and setup can add or detract from the win/lose column?

We can assume that, because it does make a difference.
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #466 on: August 12, 2011, 03:48:26 PM »
Well put Widewing, thanks (to the plane reply)   :rofl
 :aok
Yea, simply because I can

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #467 on: August 12, 2011, 03:53:34 PM »
{thread hijack}
I don't think I have ever dueled you, but I would like to. PM me sometime.
{/thread hijack}

I'm sure it would be great fun. I'll PM you over the weekend.
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #468 on: August 12, 2011, 03:54:28 PM »
I'm sure it would be great fun. I'll PM you over the weekend.

great, looking forward to it  :aok
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #469 on: August 12, 2011, 04:14:23 PM »
great, looking forward to it  :aok

Traitor

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #470 on: August 12, 2011, 04:25:05 PM »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #471 on: August 12, 2011, 04:29:03 PM »

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #472 on: August 12, 2011, 05:45:37 PM »
It usually comes down to who makes the first error. Trust me on this, I've seen them all at one point or another.

QFT

Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #473 on: August 12, 2011, 06:14:55 PM »
Your flying style sounds a lot like how I enjoy flying the 109K4. Arguably its more fun than flying the spitfire in the same fashion because it takes a greater amount of skill to overcome the advantages many enemies will have. When I make a kill, I know I've earned it, and that I've fought hard for it.

On the flip side, I think the Spit's more fun to fly because the plane allows me to use any and all ACM that I want to at (almost) any given time. With a K4, P51, or P47 etc. you just don't have the capability to do certain maneuvers.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #474 on: August 12, 2011, 06:16:15 PM »
Gotcha

BTW, welcome back WW

Thanks Bud...  <S>
My regards,

Widewing

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #475 on: August 12, 2011, 07:34:59 PM »
Now to question: If your in a 109 or 190 and you come up against a spit with advantage, do you expect to lose?  If you lose it is the plane, if you win it is the pilot? Doesn't that sound a bit defeatist? Just asking.

Depends on the size of the advantage, the possition he is attacking from, and what he does imediatly after that first pass. If he makes a poor move, or blows a lot of E pulling up from a dive, then I assume I'm going to win. If he climbs back up or makes another move that maintains his E and possition relative to me, then I assume I'm going to have one hell of a fight with no clear cut winner.

As to the plane or pilot, that depends. If during the fight, he shows that hes a good pilot, I assume its a 25/75 mix. If he proved competent, but not outstanding, I assume its a mix closer to 50/50. If he shows an overall lack of ACM and manages to beat me, then I assume I'm having an off day, make a disparaging comment about spits on squad channel and let an unnamed squadie's rant about spits salve my ego.

without false modesty, I know I'm a pretty good pilot; not outstanding, but good. I'm confident enough in my skills to know that odds are the same pilot couldn't have beaten me were the possitions reversed.

And Shuffler, yes pushing yourself (in my oppinion) involves more pilot, less plane.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:37:51 PM by Tank-Ace »
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #476 on: August 12, 2011, 07:46:02 PM »
On the flip side, I think the Spit's more fun to fly because the plane allows me to use any and all ACM that I want to at (almost) any given time. With a K4, P51, or P47 etc. you just don't have the capability to do certain maneuvers.

I'll take that challenge, I bet I can match every ACM you do in a spit in a K4. Out maneuvering a spit though is a different story.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #477 on: August 12, 2011, 09:20:51 PM »
You guys are all legends.  I spend my days and nights dreaming of someday being as good as the legends.  Of course then I remind myself it really doesn't matter :)

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #478 on: August 13, 2011, 05:52:44 PM »
You guys are all legends.  I spend my days and nights dreaming of someday being as good as the legends.  Of course then I remind myself it really doesn't matter :)

Hey Corky, your ambivolent attitude towards scores, death in AH and the war is disrespectfull and not required in this discussion! Either tow the line or go sit down!

:t

:salute

JUGgler  :neener:
Army of Muppets

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #479 on: August 13, 2011, 06:03:45 PM »

Hey Corky, your ambivolent attitude towards scores, death in AH and the war is disrespectfull and not required in this discussion! Either tow the line or go sit down!

:salute
JUGgler  :neener:

Hey JUG....what say you?  Brew EZmode or not?  I loved your old sig...remember it?  :rofl :rofl :bolt:
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba