Author Topic: Spixteen perked ?  (Read 23567 times)

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
Re: Spixteen perked ?
« Reply #510 on: August 13, 2011, 09:14:24 PM »
Its the pilot not the plane..

And that is why fighter wings of air forces all around the world still operate licence-built Fokker Eindeckers...
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #511 on: August 13, 2011, 09:20:51 PM »
And that is why fighter wings of air forces all around the world still operate licence-built Fokker Eindeckers...
What? You lost me at and dumb that down a little
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #512 on: August 13, 2011, 09:24:20 PM »
<sigh>
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #513 on: August 13, 2011, 09:26:12 PM »
In all honesty, it's become a ridiculous discussion.  In the overall scheme of things I'm glad we have it in our cartoon fighter pilot world.  I don't fly them, but I sure don't mind that other folks do.  If I'm dumb enough to try and turn with a Brewster, it's my own fault.  That applies to any number of better turning birds then my 38G.  But as I don't really die, I get to try again.  And if I learn something in the process about getting more out of my 38G, good for me.

The entire EZ-mode discussion is pointless, other then it seems to help folks feel better about their cartoon pilot skills if they don't fly a cartoon bird that in their minds is easier to get kills in.  

Who the heck cares?  Flying a cartoon Spit XVI or a K4 still isn't gonna get you laid regardless of how easy or how tough you think they are to fly :aok
:aok

The primary point is chest thumping. I.E., I can make myself feel better by trying to make someone else feel worse about themselves. Skirts, dweebs, not get caught dead, and all. Anyone who truly lets any of this make themselves feel one iota smaller because of anything they do in a cartoon game has simply given in to cyber bullying. If you aren't having fun, your wasting your money. If you need the game to challenge yourself, your wasting your life.

Me, I'll jump out of a Goon (real one), over St. Mere Eglise (Thats in France), pack my chute (a real one), get on the game and fly my spit. Call me what you will because I promise you I challenged myself, and I had a blast!  (oh, and I played a game as well!)
Yea, simply because I can

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #514 on: August 13, 2011, 10:11:23 PM »
<sigh>

+1

(I'm agreeing with Wmaker, strange times)
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #515 on: August 13, 2011, 10:23:53 PM »
+1

(I'm agreeing with Wmaker, strange times)

Sorry, only one sigh per topic thread, maybe try one of these: draw in, exhale, expire, fan, gasp, gulp, inhale, insufflate, open the floodgates, pant, puff, respire, scent, sigh , sniff, snore, snort, use lungs, wheeze.
Yea, simply because I can

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #516 on: August 13, 2011, 11:46:57 PM »
What? You lost me at and dumb that down a little

Allow me to explain,

Nevermind, it's Saturday night and I'm drunk.

<sigh>

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #517 on: August 14, 2011, 12:33:19 AM »
Allow me to explain,

Nevermind, it's Saturday night and I'm drunk.

<sigh>

Good to see that people are willing to help.

It's more than the pilot.  Saburo Sakai, for example, admits that on at least two occasions he faced pilots who were his equal or superior, but who he shot down because they were flying inferior planes.  Same in the game.  Experience counts for a lot, but in the end you are limited (or enabled) by your ride.

- oldman (hope that was less of a riddle)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #518 on: August 14, 2011, 01:20:34 AM »
What's your heritage JUGgler?

Native American Indian, Irish, Italian, German, English, African or South American decent... Venusian?

I'm just trying to understand your elitism and bigotry.

:devil

It is solely based on American bravado! And has no basis in fact! although sometimes wmaker makes me want to puke! So I blame her!

:neener:

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #519 on: August 14, 2011, 01:23:57 AM »
Not at all, just stating a fact. When it comes to air warfare between Finland and Soviet Union, I think I wouldn't come to hear your presentation about the subject.

So I would say we are both biased, Hmm at least I can admit it!   :ahand

"When I have a stroke I'll fly the brewster as 2 hands are not required"! 

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #520 on: August 14, 2011, 07:01:46 AM »
 :rolleyes: some of you guys really do need to shut the computer off and go outside and play.
Lighten up Francis

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #521 on: August 14, 2011, 08:12:35 AM »
Mensa's random interjection:  Of the people I've personally fought in this thread Bighorn is the best, I am pretty sure I have never one a legitimate duel against him unless he was flying at 4% his skill level so as to give me a shot.  Thus I will respect his opinion the most. 

Also, I find Grizz's diagram decent.

Along those same lines...

I got to see wldthing, levi ang bighorn take turns dueling about 6 years ago. It's still the most amazing flying I've seen.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #522 on: August 16, 2011, 06:36:51 PM »
At the risk of further confusing Leviathn, I will take my Plane Classifications a step further.  My list is based on the planes performance and how I see it utilized by the vast majority of the player base in the game.  There are exceptions however, based on flying style.  For example, if you turn a Fw190A8 like KillnU, it goes from a borderline EZ mode B&Z aircraft, to an extremely difficult Hybrid.

(Image removed from quote.)

Colors:

Yellow: IrishOne in the 190A5.  His ability and persistence to turn it and push the envelope push the A5 into the Hybrid Category very close to the P38's class.
Blue: BigR in the P51D.  Same explanation.  He pushes the envelope and uses it for both B&Z and close range and slow speed rolling scissor getting everything out of the P51.  Quite a large jump from the normal deviation of P51D performance.
Pink: The timid noob in an La7.  He refuses to do anything with the La7 other than run.  He does not understand its capability as a fighter.  As result he turns the La7 into a one dimensional B&Z fighter down with the P51D and Tempest.  Unfortunately for him, he doesn't have the fuel to get many kills doing this.
Green: Ink in the Ki84.  While it is more difficult to push an already decent turning aircraft into non ez mode territory, INK manages to do it.  He neglects the Ki84's ability's in the vertical because it is beneath him as a warrior to not be in the thick of things turning with as many as he can.  As result of this consistent style to the Ki84, he pushes the aircraft out of the Hybrid zone into Turny Bird Zone and also out of the EZ mode zone.

So just because you fly an EZ mode plane, there is hope for a slight adjustment based on how you fly.  And just because you fly a non EZ mode plane, you might in fact be shifted into the EZ mode zone by flying it timidly in a purely one dimensional sense, like in our example with the Pink La7 Newbie.

EDIT: After a moment of reflection and a bribe from Shane that turned out to not pan out, I am slightly modifying the La7's initial placement to right on the edge of EZ mode in the Hybrid section.  A minor shift, but it kind of irks me that it is not closer to that line.

There will be one more revision to my venn diagram before it is set in stone and made official for the end of toon time, so if there are any other inconsistencies that you see let me know with your reasoning and I may make some minor adjustments.  Thank you, and Godspeed.

-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #523 on: August 16, 2011, 06:38:03 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Is it sad that I know what TNG episode this picture is from?

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #524 on: August 16, 2011, 06:41:13 PM »
JUST LET IT DIE  :furious!

You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"