Author Topic: Hitech offical rules of playing the game  (Read 10602 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Hitech offical rules of playing the game
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2011, 10:53:07 PM »
And the kids who are now without a "father" for up to ten.  I guess they had it coming too?
I have nothing but sympathy for those children. Honestly though is a Meth cooker a good father figure, would you seriously let him watch your kids? Be honest now.
Another question. Are you saying he shouldn't be punished because he has kids?
See Rule #4

Offline dunnrite

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2011, 11:07:45 PM »
I have nothing but sympathy for those children. Honestly though is a Meth cooker a good father figure, would you seriously let him watch your kids? Be honest now.
Another question. Are you saying he shouldn't be punished because he has kids?

well hell no.  He should be punished without any remorse.  He was a teacher.  Maybe add another year on for being a role model for good citizen's children and letting them down.  What is sad is the few in here trying to defend him for no other reason than to not let a squad name go down the gutter, all the while, the same squad is in every other thread trying to dignify their self perceived superiority (and the occasional "I'm a felon too, wanna make somethin of it?").

"I promise I will change my life to give you what you truly deserve."  ~dunnrite May 4, 2005

Amazing you could actually recruit that much suck into one squad.
Your Proctologist called, they found your head.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2011, 11:39:49 PM »
well hell no.  He should be punished without any remorse.  He was a teacher.  Maybe add another year on for being a role model for good citizen's children and letting them down.  What is sad is the few in here trying to defend him for no other reason than to not let a squad name go down the gutter, all the while, the same squad is in every other thread trying to dignify their self perceived superiority (and the occasional "I'm a felon too, wanna make somethin of it?").

"I promise I will change my life to give you what you truly deserve."  ~dunnrite May 4, 2005

Going to try this again.  Lets see if I can get it to sink in for the high and the mighty here.  Lets go down the list here, getting the mostly trivial commentary out of the way.   I'm not a huge fan of the Muppet schtick.  It is what it is.  I think it's silly.   I will say without reservation however that the guys from the Muppets that you see 'defending' Skyrock, are trying their best to support him.  I have great respect for that and will support them doing so, even if i don't agree with the "Muppet way".  This isn't about a squad reputation.  If it was I'd be all over it.  They're better people then that.

I never had much time for Skyrock's act either.  I thought it was pointless and served the wrong purpose in game.  He tried to get me to bite on it many a time, and he figured out I wasn't going to.  Once past that bit, I had no problem with Mark.  I remember seeing a picture of him with his kids and he and they looked really happy.  When my little guy showed up, he was always one of the first to ask how he was doing, and seemed genuine in his good wishes while we battled Matthew's medical stuff and the adoption issues.

Am I angry at Rock for putting himself and his kids through this?  Absolutely.  Do I know him well enough to understand his demons?  Nope.  But addiction is a family wrecker for lots of folks. My heart breaks for the kids, and I want to smack Rock upside the head and then some.  But at this point, what could I do to make him feel worse?  As a father who lost two kids through no fault of my own or theirs, I know how horrible that is.  It's a life sentence here.  I'd like to believe he gets it right now, and he did it to himself.  In the end he has a choice still to use the time to get his life together and to repair the damage he's done to himself and his kids.  I hope they're waiting for him on the other end of this, and I hope he spends his days proving to them that he is a good man and a good Dad.

So what are my options as a keyboard commando?  I can come in here and pound on him, call him evil and pass all kinds of internet judgement on him.  Or I can support him through what has to be the worst time of his life.

It's an interesting thing about this 'community' we live in.  When I lost my kids 6 years ago now, I got all kinds of support from folks here I'd never even met.  I just posted a thread about the visit to see the Mustangs, 38 and 40s with my son Matthew.  I really wanted to share that with the folks here.  Again, most who I've never met.  And the response was nothing but positive.  That goes beyond any online persona.  It means that there are good people here.

In the end it comes down to dropping this.  And for those who know Mark do your best to find a way to support him.  None of it means you have to have liked his "persona' or that you can't be angry with what he's done.

You do still have a choice in how you react, and that speaks volumes about you as a person.

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2011, 12:03:16 AM »
Blah
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 12:12:55 AM by SunBat »
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2011, 12:10:07 AM »
Done.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 12:12:12 AM by SunBat »
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2011, 12:15:27 AM »
for sure this thread is gonna be locked and I think some people gonna be going on vacation.  if you guys would just stop answering nonsense and use the report function, there would have been a one response and it would've been forgotten by now.  keep responding here and in other threads and it will never go away.  to me it's silly either way to attack or defend.  so let it be and forget about it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2011, 12:22:04 AM »
In the end it comes down to dropping this.

I'll vote for that.

- oldman

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2011, 12:37:48 AM »
Isn't being judgmental over the internet easy?  Little, little people.  

Can some of you little people please PM me some court documents or case details that describe exactly what happened?  I have only seen some random news article with no facts and then a subsequent prison sentence.  Please, send me a damn fact on the case that you have spent your pathetic time digging up.  You do also realize that MS has some of the strictest minimum sentencing laws for drugs in the nation?  10 years does not even take into context the extent of the crime when minimum sentencing laws are in place.  You manufacture an illegal controlled substance, you are going to prison for 10 years.  It doesn't matter if you were making it to sell or just making it for yourself to save a little money.  Lets keep this in mind before we become internet judges without a single fact.

Lets be clear here though, I am not defending SR's action.  In fact I think it is mind numbingly stupid and selfish what he did.  I seem to recall a drug/alcohol addiction related debate on a forum where he mentioned that it's simply a sickness.  He truly felt that way.  The argument wasn't specifically about him but it shed light on the demons he struggled with and how he felt he simply was not in control.  We all struggle with things, this is what he struggled terribly with.  It had nothing to do with his kids that he loves dearly; they were collateral damage in this stupid thing he got himself sucked in to.  Being a teacher had nothing to do with any of this, or his inability to control these demons.   Quit trying to connect the two.

This is how I remember the man and know what is in his heart.  This was a self inflicted wound to himself and his family.  No one was physically harmed by this crime besides himself.  He is paying his debt, and I pray that he will be able to heal the wounds it has caused his family, and most importantly, that his kids have been able to cope, continue on with their lives down a path that will lead them to success, and at the end, if it is meant to be, forgive and mend the relationship with their father that has been severely crippled by this terrible mistake he has made.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 12:45:34 AM by grizz441 »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2011, 01:02:26 AM »
I knew SR was missing but didn't know why.  I always miss everything that goes on around here.

I'd have to say Grizz got it right.

I didn't really like Mark's on-line "persona" but I flew beside him one day and he really wasn't a bad guy.  I know from his posts he really loved his family.  I know from other's he'd help in a heartbeat.

While I still don't know the details, from what's emerging here, I guess I feel sad for him and for his family and for any victims that may exist.  Hopefully he'll learn from this and be able to turn his life around.  It sounds like a hard lesson all the way around.

[EDIT]  As to the Muppets defending their friend and squadmate I'd hope my friends would stand behind me too.  That doesn't mean they'd have to agree with me or my actions but I'd hope they'd support me in whatever way they felt appropriate.  That's what friends and family do.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 01:14:23 AM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2011, 01:59:53 AM »

this was obviously thrown at me.....personally I don't give to dicks what you think......and me defending a friend that is not here to speak for himself goes way beyond being a Muppet.
he was my friend long before I became a muppet, he will be my friend long after I stop playing this game.

not a single person on these boards can say they are perfect and never did something that was screwed up, but like most because you all who are trash talking him sit comfortable behind a computer screen thinking you are safe from retribution....what comes around goes around, and when you are down and wishing you did things different, you may look back and wonder if karma is biting you in the ass.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2011, 02:19:24 AM »
people making glass in their houses shouldn't throw metaphorical stones in online flight sims
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2011, 04:47:17 AM »
Wow.....Don't drop the soap
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2011, 09:06:33 AM »
from the way Skyrock acted in game and also the choices he made in life, karma may have worked for him.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 09:08:55 AM by CHAPPY »

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2011, 10:59:30 AM »
Beaten to death. Prolly time to go back to arguing about Ho's, hoards, and LA7's
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2011, 11:05:28 AM »
Tell that to the parents of the child who cooked their brain because of him. ~ Jekyll 2011

And you don't have any idea how he feels about what he's done...zero.  When you can read minds, let me know because I will give you an all-expense paid trip to Vegas and I promise to bring enough money for both of us.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba