Author Topic: AvA perversion  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
AvA perversion
« on: August 13, 2011, 09:24:15 AM »
Quote from: captain1ma on Today at 09:15:02 AM

Mossie VS P38J probable in the line-up for next week

no.  just. no.

AvA is AvA, it's not the DA.  This would be a perversion even more than than "jet week."

edit:  keep this kind of stuff where it belongs... DA or custom arena.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
Re: AvA perversion
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 11:19:07 AM »
yep, what Shane said.

RTR
The Damned

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 01:29:43 PM »
Do that and it's DAvDA not the AvA..... :headscratch:  I hope we aren't trying things out of desperation to attract a more players.  Dueling allied rides may attract a whole new bunch of MAers with the associated behavior.   :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 03:48:49 PM »
Not really into this arrangement either~ don't really care if it is for one day. I don't see this as a serious trend.

You probably won't see many of the faithful in there, pretty contrary to the AvA mission~ already a little annoyed by enemy icons.

What is your thinking on this Jaeger?

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 03:58:52 PM »
Mossie vs P-38... shouldn't it be replaced with the 110?

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2011, 03:59:20 PM »

.....already a little annoyed by enemy icons.

Yeah, they do tend to get in the way a bit, don't they?  :D

:salute 

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 07:33:26 AM »
Although I am not a jet finatic, I thought that the AvA gave a reasonable explanation for the F86 vs. Mig Korean war setup, subing the 262s.  I thought it was a very well executed historical example of what we are familliar to seeing in the arena.  So, unless you read the write up and followed the actual setup, it would be unfair to claim that jet week had no historical base.

Mossie vs. P38, I think that was a error on the part of Captain.  In the thread that this was brought up, there were a lot of suggestions thrown at him. He might have only responded without giving it much thought.   I agree, Mossie vs. Bf110 comes to my mind even though that was not the match up posted.  The mind plays tricks on us all, so unless you actually see such a setup, I would not go on a public flogging campaign. 

In fact, it was only recently that we had any german troop carrier at all.  No Japanese armor, or troop carriers.  Tons of substitutions occur, and one might find an argument saying that Mossie is a closer substitution for missing German aircraft, than either the Bf110 or Ju88s, of which there may have been several historical fights that could be better represented. 

So, as much as I may disagree with a "what if" Britain became Axis setup, I would ask that group in charge of putting them together if that was there intention, before jumping to the conclusion that the arena was hinging on becoming another Dueling Arena.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 08:53:19 AM »
<edit>

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 10:25:08 AM »
Hopefully everyone will relax now. The dreaded 38 vs Mossie day will not happen. Remember Jaeger asked for ideas, and was just thinking out loud more than anything.
He's doing his best to come up with something interesting and fun, so he had a little missfire in his match up planing. The format is still the same.

AXIS

VS

ALLIED

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 10:35:43 AM »
Hopefully everyone will relax now. The dreaded 38 vs Mossie day will not happen. Remember Jaeger asked for ideas, and was just thinking out loud more than anything.
He's doing his best to come up with something interesting and fun, so he had a little missfire in his match up planing. The format is still the same.

AXIS

(Image removed from quote.)

VS

ALLIED

(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl :rofl

And Jaeger, I'll get you some new flamepants for christmas  :aok
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 04:07:54 PM »
i already have them trust me. Some folks are like a good ex-wife. not happy unless she has something to squawk about and always think they know better.  :D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 06:31:18 PM by captain1ma »

Offline trap78

• AvA Staff Member
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 06:09:56 PM »
Fixed:
Some folks like an ex-wife. not happy unless she has something to squawk about and always think they know better.

The words "good" and "ex-wife" aren't normally used in the same sentence.  :D

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 02:07:24 AM »
Trap, replacing the word "not" is more historically correct with "never".  Geez, Jaeger I could forgive the Mossie ....  but this is just not tolerable ..... what are you trying to set us up for some family counciling???  :lol

i already have them trust me. Some folks are like a good ex-wife. not happy unless she has something to squawk about and always think they know better.  :D

Some folks are like an ex-wife, not happy unless she has something to squawk about and always think they know better. 
Fixed:
The words "good" and "ex-wife" aren't normally used in the same sentence.  :D

Fixed again:
Some folks are like an ex-wife, never happy unless she has something to squawk about and always think they know better.