Author Topic: Went Bishop last night....  (Read 1475 times)

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Went Bishop last night....
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 07:41:43 AM »
Why does everyone get so mad when people tell their country about the CV's location? It's not like in WWII, everybody KNEW there was a CV around, but noone wanted to tell the country, because that wouldn't be... dare I say it... FAIR.

:O

Really? There's no rule against finding and releasing the enemy CV's position, same as there's nothing stopping you from doing just that.

That's what I say.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 07:46:18 AM »
+1   IN

Kiddies grow up geez

:cheers: Oz

No doubt...its a game.  I understand you earn fame and e-respect from your country men by giving up locations of CVs. And yes hiding the CV is pretty boring as far as game play goes.  HTC might as well drop dar to 5 feet, show all gvs and cvs to all sides.  I mean what the hecks the point of having the "Fog of War".  
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, 07:55:26 AM »
http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/

Hammers rules on arena etiquette.  About the only thing with "hitech creations" on it to guide you.  My solution is simple.  The Essex (is that the one we have) class carrier is 140 ish feet tall above the waterline. That is higher than 65 feet.  Have the dar bar show, so if you are really that interested in sinking cvs, you have a 50-50 chance that that dar is a CV vice bombers.  

Other than that, who cares.  If the CV is out of the fight and sunk does it really matter?  It is not like it is contributing.  I listened to Agents discussion with the devils brigade and I agree with Agent.  No one (person/squad) should be so presumptuous to assume what is good for the country.  

CVs encourage good fights, who cares if it is sunk as long as 30 dudes had a blast for an hour?
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 08:24:34 AM »
If you switched sides just to announced a CV's position, you should be .reported (taking away chat privs for a week) and shunned by the community.

It is really is a low life thing to do.

If a country wishes to hide a CV, it's their choice.

HiTech

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,307699.45.html

Lame to hide them?  Of course.

Allowable?  Yes

OK to give location to have them sunk and put into play?  No.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 08:26:17 AM by VonMessa »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 08:26:45 AM »
I smell stinky bait.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 08:43:49 AM »
Only thing lamer then hiding a cv is starting a thread to try and rat somebody out.

Not really, but yeah your kinda sorta right.  It can go both ways depending on how ya look at it.  The rat, by virtue of the testimony, appears to have had a shadow account which is the lowest of the low without argument, but the author of this thread went down the ladder towards the rat for being a bit hypocritical.  Oh well, such is another day in the AH forums.  :)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 08:52:35 AM »
 Hiding your assets from the enemy is key to winning any combat situation this game is no different. However there have always been spy's in warfare so why not here too.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 09:23:01 AM »
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,307699.45.html

Allowable?  Yes

If a country wishes to hide a CV, it's their choice...... But see, there's the rub. Personally I've never seen a vote on my country to hide a cv. If it was my country that was hiding it I could understand ...a bit. But it is a single guy, or a few from a squad that are making the choice.

It's ok for 6, guys to hide it, but not for 20 furballers who want to use it. Not fair at all. We paid our $15 too.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 09:41:07 AM »
JG 52

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 10:07:59 AM »
If a country wishes to hide a CV, it's their choice...... But see, there's the rub. Personally I've never seen a vote on my country to hide a cv. If it was my country that was hiding it I could understand ...a bit. But it is a single guy, or a few from a squad that are making the choice.

It's ok for 6, guys to hide it, but not for 20 furballers who want to use it. Not fair at all. We paid our $15 too.

I was waiting to see who would respond like this the quickest.

You are, in my opinion (for what that is worth), 100% correct.

HiTech said COUNTRY

He also said that "If you switched sides just to announce a CV's position"

He did not state that it was wrong or "low" to report it to other countries if one predominantly plays for a particular country and one is tired of certain parties on their own country hiding CV's...       :devil
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 10:32:27 AM »

He did not state that it was wrong or "low" to report it to other countries if one predominantly plays for a particular country and one is tired of certain parties on their own country hiding CV's...       :devil

Although it wasn't "stated" anywhere at the time, It didn't stop HT from banning all my communications in game for a week or two when I announced on 200 what corner of the map my countries CV was hidden and hijacked by the Vboiz.

I believe it was "stated" afterwards that I had broken an "unwritten" rule.

I and a few others in frustration, had tried to move the Cv to a spot that may have been 3 or 4 sectors closer to the action, to no avail.

The Vboiz kept turning it back and all the while calling me names and messaging my squad saying what a idiot I was.

The only thing they got right was the idiot part.

Beware unwritten rules.

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2011, 10:45:54 AM »
Personally, I think that hiding a CV is just silly...  But...

HiTech has put a system in place to decide who can control any given CV.  What I see in this thread is a lot of people who are not willing to do what is necessary to make certain that they can take control of the CV from someone who wishes to hide it.

Most of the folks in this thread who are complaining about hiding the CV are more then capable of maintaining a low enough score.  They just aren't willing to do so.  So they choose to come here to complain/whine about how other people are playing the game.

I understand this unwillingness.  I am not willing to do it either, but because I don't wish to play the way required to maintain a low score, I don't think I should whine about it when someone who is willing to do so does something I don't like with a CV.

Just my $0.02, for what it is worth.

On a mostly unrelated side note...  If all the folks with ability played for score, score wouldn't be so meaningless.  Score, as it functions now, is so easily manipulated only because there are so many players who do not attempt to manipulate it.  If everyone did, score would be more meaningful.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2011, 10:52:18 AM »

Allowable?  Yes

:aok on all 3 counts
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2011, 11:46:52 AM »
Personally, I think that hiding a CV is just silly...  But...

HiTech has put a system in place to decide who can control any given CV.  What I see in this thread is a lot of people who are not willing to do what is necessary to make certain that they can take control of the CV from someone who wishes to hide it.

Most of the folks in this thread who are complaining about hiding the CV are more then capable of maintaining a low enough score.  They just aren't willing to do so.  So they choose to come here to complain/whine about how other people are playing the game.

I understand this unwillingness.  I am not willing to do it either, but because I don't wish to play the way required to maintain a low score, I don't think I should whine about it when someone who is willing to do so does something I don't like with a CV.

Just my $0.02, for what it is worth.

On a mostly unrelated side note...  If all the folks with ability played for score, score wouldn't be so meaningless.  Score, as it functions now, is so easily manipulated only because there are so many players who do not attempt to manipulate it.  If everyone did, score would be more meaningful.

Score hooring is hard work, I'd prefer HTC implemented some sort of system where an orphaned CV sinks after 3 hours or something like that.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2011, 11:58:16 AM »
I'm planning on going back to Bish and giving away vNOE locations for a night of fun.  I detest their cowardly tactics and having flown with them, I can tell you they have a network of spy cheats. Not all v's are bad though..just misguided and some of their missions can be fun...they just need better leaders with less controlling ego's and man up once in awhile......which I do believe they are, just a little to late to save the name

So if your in for some behind the lines spying information.....keep an eye on 200 this weekend. I'll be being blatant and out in the open