Author Topic: Chat among multiple squads  (Read 334 times)

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Chat among multiple squads
« on: August 11, 2011, 02:42:01 PM »
OK so squads are limited to 32 people.  I get that - large squads encourage hordes and hordes ruin the game yadda yadda yadda but many times multiple squads will join together for a sortie or three and communication between them becomes very difficult at times.

So I propose that multiple squads should be able to "join together" so that they can communicate using the same squad vox channel.

I understand numbered channels exist but when multiple squads are involved it can become impossible to get everyone to tune to the same channel.  There's also people that you may not want to fly with that can tune in as well.

I was thinking that instead of a squad vox channel we could extend the number of vox channels - adding a range of 300-399.  These would be squad-only vox channels and a member of a squad would have to be given privileges to assign a vox channel number to a squad (just like assigning invite privileges).  Once a vox channel is assigned to a squad it remains theirs until it isn't used for 24 hours in which case it is released back into the public.

If another squad tries to assign the same vox channel that another squad is using they get a message, "Channel 347 is already assigned to THE SKUZZINATORS.  Do you wish to merge?"  If yes is clicked then the people with squad vox privileges of the SKUZZINATORS gets a box, "Squad I LIKE BEER wants to merge squad channels with you.  Accept?" and if one of them clicks on YES then both squads can communicate with each other using that single squad-only vox channel.

This would also assist squads who are organized into several "sub-squads" helping the communicate as well.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Re: Chat among multiple squads
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 05:14:48 PM »
F12, OR type in a number on vox and go to it. Problem solved.
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 06:11:37 PM »
Sub squads?   When did Aces High get submarines?

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 06:22:28 PM »
OK so squads are limited to 32 people.  I get that - large squads encourage hordes and hordes ruin the game yadda yadda yadda but...

This would also assist squads who are organized into several "sub-squads" helping the communicate as well.

Psst...  If you're putting something in the form of a wishlist request where you're thinly disguising an attempt to circumvent something that's specifically in the game, it's generally a bad idea to put the thing you're actually trying to accomplish into the same post.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 06:24:41 PM »
that kindof dances on the spirit of the 32 person limit on squads.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 09:48:41 AM »
There is also a thing called missions and a mission channel.
I understand numbered channels exist but when multiple squads are involved it can become impossible to get everyone to tune to the same channel.  There's also people that you may not want to fly with that can tune in as well.

I was thinking that instead of a squad vox channel we could extend the number of vox channels - adding a range of 300-399.

So how is you are able to get them to tune these channels but not the ones that already exist?

HiTech

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 10:20:28 AM »

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 10:40:58 AM »
So how is you are able to get them to tune these channels but not the ones that already exist?

HiTech

lol was thinking the same thing  :rolleyes:
-AoM-

Offline Scotty55OEFVet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 08:33:07 PM »
Only one squad that I know of that "Hordes" as a squad....1,000,000 perks to the first one to guess what that squad is... :bolt:
"War can only be abolished through war...in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun."

RedDevil

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 09:27:51 PM »
veeTards?
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"