Author Topic: deliberate exploiter needing banhammer or adept knowledge of game mechanics?  (Read 2930 times)

Offline 715

• Silver Member
This "bug" is extremely old.  What I don't understand is that I thought something was done to fix it long ago, because the rash of Jeep-inside-your-tank-killing-you stopped long ago and only restarted recently.  If it wasn't fixed, why did it stop?  Did everyone just decide to be good boys?  Did they just forget the exploit?  Or did HTC remove the fix (which I vaguely recall involved rounds not being effective until they traveled a certain distance, leading to a different "bug" of point blank shots being ineffective)?

By the way, it is possible, depending on your position, to be unable to defend against this: if you are in town near a corner the Jeep can turn in behind you and be close enough that you can't depress the main gun (or therefore the coax) to hit them.  This is relevant, of course, only the the tanks without AA like the T34s, and the HE trick probably still works.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
I tried this a few times at a spawn tonight and found it impossible to actually kill a tank. I turreted a few but that was the only success I had. I guess I don't know the secret to actually getting the kill.
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Sometimes when I can't get my immobile countrymen to turn off their annoying engines I'll drive over and sit on top of/inside of them to piss them off.  If they move I move to stay interlocked with them.  It's hilarious sometimes.

If they fixed this age old issue I'd no longer have a harmless yet equally annoying recourse against these guys.

:aok  Jeep in the tank = pants on the ground.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
the thing i dont understand is why is it you can fly/drive through friendlies, but if you fly into an enemy its a collsions (or visa verse depending on lag and the sorts), but yet you can drive into an enemy tank  :headscratch: never understood it....

hmmm, gotta rethink my earlier post.  That tactic in a jeep vs. a Tiger, or even an M3 for that matter would likely not fair well for the jeep...  And it might be even be fun to crush a few jeep jockeys.

On that note, I suggest we fix the bug, and add the the M18 to the game... at least it's speed has the chance of cornering a jeep in the open field (<--- Shameless plug for BAR and Wntrgrn)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:10:39 AM by vNUCKS »
vNucks