Author Topic: vTards move Rook and start hiding the CV's  (Read 18443 times)

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Re: vTards move Rook and start hiding the CV's
« Reply #180 on: August 21, 2011, 08:07:50 PM »
Whom virtue unites, death will not separate.  Whew, glad I don't share your virtues.

Actually I asked if you all knew "why" I use it ... not what it means or what it translates to ...  I already have the translation in my signature. But your just gonna give me the 3rd degree 8).
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #181 on: August 21, 2011, 08:12:37 PM »
Actually I asked if you all knew "why" I use it ... not what it means or what it translates to ...  I already have the translation in my signature. But your just gonna give me the 3rd degree 8).

Third degree?  I haven't asked you a single question.  (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/third%2Bdegree)

here we go again  :rofl
vNucks

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
« Reply #182 on: August 21, 2011, 08:20:44 PM »
Third degree?  I haven't asked you a single question.  (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/third%2Bdegree)

why am I always beset with Ruffians on this message board. Try Wikipedia rather then websters.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #183 on: August 21, 2011, 08:26:15 PM »
All this.... over a personal opinion regarding a flight sim???
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #184 on: August 21, 2011, 08:34:57 PM »
why am I always beset with Ruffians on this message board. Try Wikipedia rather then websters.

Just messing around... No doubt in real life life I'd gladly offer to buy you the next round (assuming of course, you bought the first :) )

(But for the record, even Wikipidia defines it as "inflicting of pain, physical or mental, to extract confessions or statements".)... oh, point taken, lol.

And by "Ruffian", I'm not sure if I should take that as an insult or compliment, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruffian_%28horse%29 .

:salute
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 08:38:37 PM by vNUCKS »
vNucks

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #185 on: August 21, 2011, 08:35:26 PM »
No I don't agree, the context was obvious.  The fact that you so vehemently argued the obvious speaks volumes. And as for your follow up statements, would you like to engage in another clubbing?

And my baby seal, if you would learn to quote accurately, this would have never "degraded".

Page 227 Section 18a of The Bedford Handbook, Seventh Addition, Second paragraph ...[W]ords have connotations, emotional colorings that affect how readers respond to them. ~ If the connotation of a word does not seem appropriate for your purpose, your audience, or your subject matter, you should change the word. When a more approprate synonym does not come quickly to mind, consult a dictionary or a thesaurus.

I told you I wasn't wrong, and this, this little book that is virtually the law of the English Language Land, supports that. That is why I kept every college book I ever used.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
« Reply #186 on: August 21, 2011, 08:42:31 PM »
Guess I'm blackballed from ever being a vGuy :frown:

Oh come on I'm half tempted to offer a prize to the guy that figures this out.

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #187 on: August 21, 2011, 08:44:18 PM »
Guess I'm blackballed from ever being a vGuy :frown:

Oh come on I'm half tempted to offer a prize to the guy that figures this out.

Nucks will extent the invitation because he's trying to get people laughing with him now and make friends. Easiest way to feel secure, get lotsa people around you.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
« Reply #188 on: August 21, 2011, 08:49:45 PM »
Just messing around... No doubt in real life life I'd gladly offer to buy you the next round (assuming of course, you bought the first :) )

(But for the record, even Wikipidia defines it as "inflicting of pain, physical or mental, to extract confessions or statements".)... oh, point taken, lol.

And by "Ruffian", I'm not sure if I should take that as an insult or compliment, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruffian_%28horse%29 .

:salute

Times three.

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #189 on: August 21, 2011, 09:01:54 PM »
Page 227 Section 18a of The Bedford Handbook, Seventh Addition, Second paragraph ...[W]ords have connotations, emotional colorings that affect how readers respond to them. ~ If the connotation of a word does not seem appropriate for your purpose, your audience, or your subject matter, you should change the word. When a more approprate synonym does not come quickly to mind, consult a dictionary or a thesaurus.

I told you I wasn't wrong, and this, this little book that is virtually the law of the English Language Land, supports that. That is why I kept every college book I ever used.

I concede SEseph, "I often" can actually read "I always" assuming the reader has an enormous prejudice and/or an abhorrent understanding of the English language. Please allow me to correct myself.

When I said "There often aren't even 40 countrymen online when I play" I apparently failed to recognize that members of my "audience" may be either enormously prejudiced and/or functionally illiterate.  To accommodate these individuals, I should have said "Many times there aren't even 40 countrymen online when I play.".

Happy?

vNucks

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #190 on: August 21, 2011, 09:04:08 PM »
Times three.

So now you're calling it an early night... and I was just starting to enjoy you're company.   :D
vNucks

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
« Reply #191 on: August 21, 2011, 09:17:50 PM »
So now you're calling it an early night... and I was just starting to enjoy you're company.   :D

I have a rough and rugged road to travel to the east on my way to find that which was lost.

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #192 on: August 21, 2011, 09:18:56 PM »
Nucks will extent the invitation because he's trying to get people laughing with him now and make friends. Easiest way to feel secure, get lotsa people around you.

Actually, I was trying to get them to laugh at you....
vNucks

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: August 21, 2011, 10:10:10 PM »
Ownage cannot be lessened by dilution.

Offline GrimWulf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #194 on: August 21, 2011, 11:24:08 PM »
I would like to relate a story to everyone here that sums up how I feel about the very valid issues that have been brought up in this thread. To preface this story let me say that I have been playing for about 6-7 years now and have done my time with all three countries but have mostly stuck with the Rooks. I think by the end of this story, you will all see the great respect and admiration I have for "most" of our community.

About four years ago I had hit a very rough spot in my life. My career had taken a turn for the worse, and my wife and I were looking like we were going to get a divorce. I was playing Aces High and trying to get my mind off of everything going on at the time. I was talking over my issues with a few friends of mine in the game and they were listening with the patience and acceptance that only a true friend could give. Of course they were trying to cheer me up but when you've gone that far down the rabbit hole of depression, discussing the problems only seems to make things worse. I had just received a letter of eviction that day and I was at my wits end. I knew that no amount of bargaining or pleading would change my landlords mind. I was being yelled at by my wife for not being able to provide the type of life she thought she deserved. I was getting notices almost everyday from this or that bill collector or from my utilities saying they were going to cut me off. This whole time my friends of AHII kept talking me down from ledge. I felt that I could do nothing right and was wondering what else could possibly go wrong. My friends in game were listening without judgement and without trying to fix my problems but were giving me exactly what I needed...a shoulder to cry on. I felt true despair that day, but the friends I had made in game were there for me. I had finally quit crying when I heard the sound of tires sliding on asphault out in front of my house, but as my office was in the back of the house I couldn't see what was happening. For that I thank whatever higher power is up there. I remembered about this time that my beloved cat, my truest friend, the only thing that never judged me or criticized me was outside. I have never known a feeling of such dread in my life. I sat at my desk frozen with fear. I heard a car door open and shut and then the car pull into my driveway. I heard someone get out of the car and start up the steps of my front porch. I got up and headed for the front as someone began to knock. I looked outside the window and saw a shiny and new, blue BMW with what looked like a dent in the front bumper. The old man at the door had taken his hat off and was holding it in front of him and was looking down with a sad expression on his face. Slowly I went to open the door,
get on the floor,
everybody walk the dinosaur!

This thread has got to rate in the history of the internet as the largest collection of half-witted drivel and personal attacks (on both sides of the issues) that has ever been posted. Here is my suggestion for both sides: Change your tampons, take two doses of Vagisil, and call me in the morning.

/thread
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:59:28 PM by GrimWulf »
"Know that I am the one you seek. I am the one born to rule, destined to conquer. Let those who fear me follow me. Let those who oppose me die! For I am the GrimWulf, and this I command!