Author Topic: Arena Tables saved in Offline not visable in Custom Arena  (Read 1106 times)

Offline InCrypt

• Copper Member
      • My personal Website.
Arena Tables saved in Offline not visable in Custom Arena
« on: October 06, 2011, 02:14:37 PM »
I ran into the following problme:

I loaded an offline arena, CoralSea, and went and made all my configuration settings to match an FSO config. I changed planesets, weapons, ack, Icon ranges, MOTD, ect. I then saved the arena tables successfully as NBrit.

Next I created a custom arena. In the dialog boxes I selected CoralSee as the map, NBrit was available in the drop down as an Arena Profile. I even selected my MOTD file.

The arena created, but no MOTD, and worse none of my configuration changes had taken. So, I went into the clipboard, brought up the Arena Config tools and added my MOTD. But when I went into the Arena tables, my saved config NBrit was not there. I looked in the c:\HitechCreations\AcesHigh\chconrig\coralsea folder and there they are; the three NBrit files that I had saved.

I've created and loaded Arena Tables before, but always while IN the Custom Arena. I looked in the three NBrit files to see if there was some kind of header that would prevent the Custom Arena from seeing them, but I could find nothing.

Can someone please help. It will be a real pain if I had to recreate all my custom setting again from scratch.
Buddist proverb: "When the Student is ready, the teacher will appear."

Since I have no teacher I know I'm still working on being ready...

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
Re: Arena Tables saved in Offline not visable in Custom Arena
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 02:28:27 PM »
Try renaming your tables to something with only four letters and maybe all lower case.

You can just rename the 3 files in the config folder.

I haven't had any luck loading config files at start up and always had to load arena tables from inside the arena
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 02:30:14 PM by jimson »

Offline InCrypt

• Copper Member
      • My personal Website.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 03:14:42 PM »
No Joy.

I tried renaming them nbrt. Still didn't show up in the list. Next I made one single environment change and tried to save one while in the Custom Arena. (My thought was to delete the new files and rename mine to the new name - which was nbr2). But the new file name is also not showing up in the list. I can see the files in the folder, but they just won't show up in the list.

I've also tried closing the arena and creating it with default settings. I also checked a previous arena that I've built and found that yes, the custom Ariana table for THAT arena are present. So it's something particular about this coralsea Ariana. I don't get it.

Chris.
Buddist proverb: "When the Student is ready, the teacher will appear."

Since I have no teacher I know I'm still working on being ready...

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 03:23:20 PM »
Hmmm. I know there are some bugs that have been fixed for the next release but I thought those dealt mainly with length of table names and base ownership settings.

I've heard of others having some trouble with Coral Sea but don't know exactly what they were.

In any case, hold onto your tables as they might work when the next patch comes out.

Sorry, guess I can't help you with your current problem.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 04:15:55 PM »
Some terrains [this one in particular] have unique configurations that cause the custom tables to not work right. Generally, if you save your tables while offline and can see them in the table list, they should be available to load when you're online.

I'm glad to see the Custom Arena option, and I have high hopes for it. But there isn't much activity there yet. I can't get it to work for me because I want to set up a historically based scenario, requiring a lot of customization, and all of my customization is always lost after each session, requiring a lot of new setup each time. I just can't invest that much. I've tried everything I can think of to get it to work with the Coral Sea and Guadalcanal terrains, and I get different symptoms on each map, but after exhaustive attempts I'm giving up on those two maps. Maybe I'll find time to try another.... Many thanks to ImaDot and others for painstakingly explaining what they have found to work on other maps. I think if we stick to this and document what works and what doesn't, we can be of assistance to HTC getting all of the little bugs out.

I would still like to be proven wrong on this: Has ANYBODY been able to save and re-use airfield and plane setups with Coral Sea or Guadalcanal maps?
 :salute
Unfortunately, there are many 'events' terrains which have been specifically designed for scenarios/events and may not be able to use custom setups due to conflicts with the setups trying to be used.

It really does not surprise me there are issues with events related terrains and the custom arenas.

The special events team, historically, has been allowed to deviate from the norm, in terrain design, in order to meet event criteria.  This has lead to those terrains not being able to be used in any normal arena configuration without previous knowledge of the differences in the terrain design.

There is also a bug if you create a custom arena online and choose anything other than "default" for the configuration, which typically crashes the game to your desktop.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 09:14:18 AM »
Next I created a custom arena. In the dialog boxes I selected CoralSee as the map, NBrit was available in the drop down as an Arena Profile. I even selected my MOTD file.

The arena created, but no MOTD, and worse none of my configuration changes had taken.

This is a known bug that has been fixed for the next release.

- sudz