Author Topic: F3 mode has got to go  (Read 5108 times)

Offline Raptor05121

• Nickel Member
Re: F3 mode has got to go
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2011, 09:19:08 PM »
:bhead

Reminds of the time when these B25J's took off from a Nuclear Aircraft Carrier to bomb Tokyo.

I can't tell if you are being serious or not...

I would like to see F3-Mode be disabled for all A/C and vehicles in the MA, but only if there was some sort of replacement for the SA that is lost.

F3-Mode seems natural given that our crews don't really exist, they can't fire on their own and they don't communicate about targets and threats. So tapping F3 and twirling the hatswitch around seems like a simple solution to achieve the abilities of a full, well-trained, and experienced crew.

I think if pictures of the corresponding number key(s) mapped to the different positions throughout the craft appeared at the top of the screen when an enemy icon appears in its cone of fire, F3-Mode could be disabled. The game would be a little more realistic and the game would be more in-depth and dynamic. Some bombers will have blind spots, some will have several positions light up at once, and "Ghost's-eye View" will be gone forever.

Yes but at the same time unless you wanted to put 8 guys in every bomber, taking the F3 mode away from one gunner is like putting us bombers on a pinata for the fighters....
InGame: xRaptorx of the ***Alchemists***

Quote from: dirtdart
To suggest things that do not meet this basic criteria is equal to masturbation.  It may feel good to you, will not produce any tangible results, and you may be embarrassed if you get caught. 

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2011, 12:42:03 AM »
Ive seen enemy at the gates several times, I dont remember any A20s in it though  :headscratch:
Jude Law was to busy in his P-40.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2011, 12:48:14 AM »
Remove the f3 from DA. only reason why I dot fly there anymore. Planes are making the most redicules shots...

Also DA wish, if you want the temp still available let us have a 262 enabled
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2011, 01:08:06 AM »
I actually enjoy F3 mode just to look at the scenery or pass time while bored

Or to make sure you're in perfect position to drop the last fighter hangar.     I will never forget that sortie with ya!    "Das Funkillah!"
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2011, 07:29:22 AM »
Jude Law was to busy in his P-40.

(Image removed from quote.)

gwyneth paltrow and jude law in the same movie ...
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2011, 12:32:02 PM »
The solution is to only allow F3 mode when you are in a position other than the pilot.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2011, 12:34:27 PM »
The solution is to only allow F3 mode when you are in a position other than the pilot.

I think the solution is to disallow firing while in F3 mode.  I think that the argument for F3 in multi crew aircraft is a pretty good one.  Allowing the player to shoot from F3, however, is pretty tough to defend, in my opinion.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2011, 02:29:00 PM »
I think the solution is to disallow firing while in F3 mode.  I think that the argument for F3 in multi crew aircraft is a pretty good one.  Allowing the player to shoot from F3, however, is pretty tough to defend, in my opinion.

sensible solution to the f3 whine.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2011, 02:33:23 PM »

:aok
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2011, 09:43:24 PM »
And... surfinn has disappeared. :lol

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2011, 10:46:06 PM »
Who really cares if the A20 has F3 mode.  It's a non issue being made by a player that got his bellybutton handed to him by a plane he is trying to use as a scapegoat to explain away his suckage.  

I still luv you surfinn, but this is true.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2011, 04:16:56 PM »
Or to make sure you're in perfect position to drop the last fighter hangar.     I will never forget that sortie with ya!    "Das Funkillah!"

Man that was freakin funny!

Remember someone screaming on vox "Who was the retard that killed the FH!?"

Tee Hee  :D
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2011, 05:43:40 PM »
Grizz the incident pfactor was referring to was not just one a20 but several mixed with la7s. Heck it was the la7s that took my wings actually. No this isn't a wine about getting shot down. Like I said I have actually used the a20 to defend bases where the fh is down. It's just flat gamy and I don't shot from the f3 mode but rather maneuver to position using it and then go back to sights. As far as bomber crews go and using f3 in place of them well bombers aren't supposed to be easy. No f3 for them either just cycle through your guns or have a gunner on board. Like I said before the key board gives you the power of 30 men.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2011, 06:13:31 PM »
Grizz the incident pfactor was referring to was not just one a20 but several mixed with la7s. Heck it was the la7s that took my wings actually. No this isn't a wine about getting shot down. Like I said I have actually used the a20 to defend bases where the fh is down. It's just flat gamy and I don't shot from the f3 mode but rather maneuver to position using it and then go back to sights. As far as bomber crews go and using f3 in place of them well bombers aren't supposed to be easy. No f3 for them either just cycle through your guns or have a gunner on board. Like I said before the key board gives you the power of 30 men.

Yeah but it's a damned A20, who cares?  A20s are used mostly for base defense once the FH's have been dropped, so F3 mode inconveniences the offensive team holding the numerical advantage and altitude advantage?  Oh boo hoo for them.  

TBH I wish IL2s would have F3 reenabled, not have A20s join them in the neutering.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2011, 06:37:45 PM »
Most popular the Mosquito VI ever was, was immediately after it was introduced in AH v1.08 and was listed as a bomber.  Anytime the FHs went down, hordes of Mossie VIs would up to defend the base.  AH v1.08 Patch 1 put a stop to that.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-