Author Topic: Cloud layer disappearing/reappearing issue  (Read 286 times)

Offline EDO43

• Copper Member
Cloud layer disappearing/reappearing issue
« on: August 25, 2011, 05:25:50 PM »
Both Vati6 and myself experience a disappearing cloud layer (the thin layer of cloud at 15K or so) when we look right or left.  If we look back forward the thin layer of cloud reappears (this is when we're above the thin cloud layer).  We're wondering if there is a setting off in our video cards (we both use GTX460's with the latest drivers) or if this is maybe a bug of some sort associated with NVidia cards?  Other squaddie doesn't have the problem with his onboard video.  Puffy clouds don't disappear nor does the thicker overall cloud layer.  Anybody else experience this with other cards or NVidia cards?  Anybody know how to fix it?  It's annoying at most and really not an issue but it does grate a little on the fun factor.
Mawey -a-  tsmukan

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Cloud layer disappearing/reappearing issue
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 05:09:12 AM »
I have the 465 and it will disappear when you are at a certain angle, I notice the same thing about smoke  if you look at a certain angle it disappears for a second or 2.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: Cloud layer disappearing/reappearing issue
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 09:02:17 PM »
Not having that problem but it seems the cloud layer visibility is wrong.

In the war, planes above the cloud layer were nearly impossible to see from below yet could look down easily through the layer.

In aces high, the reverse is true.