Author Topic: Game crashes after being shot by puffy ack  (Read 252 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Game crashes after being shot by puffy ack
« on: August 31, 2011, 12:34:33 PM »
Maybe it's the CV's way of telling me not to bomb it, but this morning, I was flying a 110G over an enemy CV when I got hit by puffy ack. The game froze and crashed right after. I couldn't tell if it was a direct hit or just minor shrapnel, because I froze before the plane reacted to it. I'm thinking it's a problem with my sound drivers or something, but I flew through puffy ack, and got close hits, but everything ran fine.

Does anyone else have this problem?

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Game crashes after being shot by puffy ack
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 03:01:13 PM »
I recently replaced my PCI SB X-Fi sound card because sound control functions would drop out in Win7 64bit and when I reinstalled the drivers I had to remember to unplug my CH products or I got a BSOD Bugcheck D1 to driver chdrvr01.sys. I would get game executable errors to the desktop sometimes during CV ack explosion noise. I was also getting sporatic decalibrations of my CH Fighterstick in the game. Almost like micro USB bus resets. My variance and delay had chronic micro motion spikes like something in the background was polling on a cycle and my Host Queue had cyclic ramps in it.

All of my USB game controllers are on external powered HUBS.

I replaced the X-Fi last weekend with a cheap Sound Blaster OEM. Where I would have an executable problem or the game freeze on a sound, I now get a momentairy sound hang and the game keeps running. My CH Fighterstick is now responding in game like it used to when I first installed it. My host queue is flat and my varience and delay has reduced it's micro motions to flat line up and down blibs the width of the line itself.

I read a few posts around the internet that inferred some of the X-Fi family never worked well with Win7 64bit. CH mentioned obliquely the install problem was Creative's fault. Normal tech support finger pointing.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 03:02:18 PM »
Are you using game booster or any third party software for optimizing your connection or for voice comms?

What sound pack are you using?

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 04:43:08 PM »
I use MSI Afterburner for my Radeon 5570 1GB. Nothing else. I use the onboard sound card, no fancy stuff. I'm also using Ranger's 1.2V soundpack.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 09:32:03 PM »
Did you ever have a time that you played with the default HTC sound pack recently? If yes, did you have the same problem then? Or, with your crashes have you re-installed the custom sound pack in case of any file corruption?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.