Author Topic: Disable Join Popup  (Read 667 times)

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
Disable Join Popup
« on: September 02, 2011, 10:38:42 PM »
Search for the term "disable join popup" yields no results

I am perfectly fine with folks who join my bomber from time to time...

What I am not fine with is the modal popup window that sometimes appears when I am in a gun on my bombers about to kill someone

Is there a way to null the popup join message box, while still allowing the chat or text line that someone wants to join?

I never want to see that popup window ever.

What I do want is system notification in the chat buffer that a request is pending

Oneway

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Disable Join Popup
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 10:52:47 PM »
In the chat buffer, type the following dot command:   .showjoin 0

Join requests will now show in the text buffer instead of the popup window.

Each time you enter an arena, if the system doesn't say "join requests will show in text buffer" (or something like that), just type the above command. It usually remembers, unless you switch arenas a lot.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 10:54:39 PM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 10:55:24 PM »
And you type .accept username to take them aboard.

Typing .help and opening clipboard will display all the dot commands you have available for that arena.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 10:57:37 PM by Rolex »

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 03:13:27 AM »
Search for the term "disable join popup" yields no results

I am perfectly fine with folks who join my bomber from time to time...

What I am not fine with is the modal popup window that sometimes appears when I am in a gun on my bombers about to kill someone

Is there a way to null the popup join message box, while still allowing the chat or text line that someone wants to join?

I never want to see that popup window ever.

What I do want is system notification in the chat buffer that a request is pending

Oneway

-Oneway ups a group of b29's.

-Oneway bombs City.

-Oneway rtbs.

-Oneway Encounters a 190.

-190 dead 6's oneways b29s.

-Oneway:"aw yeaaaa this sucka'z goin down! what a n00b!"

-Oneway gets 190 in sights, prepares to fire.

-Tyrannis sends Oneway a join request just as oneway is about to shoot.

-Join request blocks oneways vision.

-190 quickly down all 3 b29s while oneway is attempting to click out of the join request.

-Oneway looses over 600 bomber perkies.

-Oneway:FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU U-

-Tyrannis: Problem, oneway?

:lol :salute

Offline Specs

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 12:40:08 AM »
 I just tried the dot command. it worked the 1st time & i got the chat bar message.
 The next time i opened game it was not in chat buffer when i upped so I assume you have to do it every time you restart the game.
 It NEEDS to be a permanent checked box setting in preferences. (at which point it would blissfully cease to exist. everyone would check it)
 Even a translucent placard would be an unhappy improvement. You would finish your action with the hateful thing only partially blocking the best fight you've ever had.
 Weve all had many disasters similar to Oneways. Its too easy of a cheat. I'm surprised you don't see it used more often.
 I didn't even know you could block it with dot a command  per restart until i read this. But you shouldn't have to do it at all.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 01:40:01 AM »
I just tried the dot command. it worked the 1st time & i got the chat bar message.
 The next time i opened game it was not in chat buffer when i upped so I assume you have to do it every time you restart the game.
 It NEEDS to be a permanent checked box setting in preferences. (at which point it would blissfully cease to exist. everyone would check it)
 Even a translucent placard would be an unhappy improvement. You would finish your action with the hateful thing only partially blocking the best fight you've ever had.
 Weve all had many disasters similar to Oneways. Its too easy of a cheat. I'm surprised you don't see it used more often.
 I didn't even know you could block it with dot a command  per restart until i read this. But you shouldn't have to do it at all.

It does remember for the most part but every once in a while it forgets.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 05:00:31 AM »
once i pressed enter 3 times to get rid of the box, I augured my last buff  :rofl.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 03:34:24 PM »

hmmm...it shouldn't...I did this a longtime ago....and new versions and updates it has never reverted back......actually..it did once when my pc went nuts mid game a reset everything..but I replaced my settings folder with my saved one and all was back to normal.

Just double check specs...you should find that it is still in action and not needed to be done every time you login

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 03:55:10 PM »
What makes no sense is why the popup is in the middle of the screen.

That is totally illogical. Most joins are for gunners to join bombers; ostensibly the bomber needs a gunner NOW. That being the case,
he is either in his gun tracking a bogey (or several), or he is maneuvering with bogeys nearby in an F3 view mode.

In either case, the center screen is the LAST place the pop window should show.

If anything, it should be moveable and the position is remembered. At least then it will show up on the periphery of your view.

As to making it a permanent setting choice to never show, I second that thought.

An enhancement would be "Hell No" button in addition to the Reject button for guys like Tyrannis  :rofl

Oneway
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 03:57:36 PM by oneway »

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 04:06:12 PM »
I'm not positive as I went the ".showjoin 0" route many moons ago but I believe you can move the pop-up window and the game remembers the location.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2011, 04:30:49 PM »
I tested the moving the pop up window, it resets tot he middle every time.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 05:10:04 PM »
Hey Semp...

You want to help me do some testing on this?

There are a few things I would like to document in terms of program behavior in regards to the popup window and the ways it can be invoked.

What say you ?

Oneway