Author Topic: taxi out of hanger crash to tower  (Read 1041 times)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: taxi out of hanger crash to tower
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 12:55:57 PM »
that may be the way it works in peace time when you're wanting to fly your cessna but not during ww1, ww2, korea or vietnam, the plane was only in a hangar for repairs/maintenance, otherwise it sat out in the weather.

That depends on whether you have a hangar for it, how often it's used, what kind of plane, and what kind of weather. Sure you have planes that are parked most of the time outside, but you also have planes that are parked most of the time in the hangar.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 01:04:19 PM »
That depends on whether you have a hangar for it, how often it's used, what kind of plane, and what kind of weather. Sure you have planes that are parked most of the time outside, but you also have planes that are parked most of the time in the hangar.
:lol  :rofl  you really do
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 01:19:45 PM »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 07:04:44 PM »
I thought HTC already fixed that bug, guess not.

To make it more realistic, in real life you don't get into the plane when it's already on the runway.

in real life if i knew there was something that would make my plane crash in the hangar, i definitely would not board the plane there.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 07:31:48 PM »
that may be the way it works in peace time when you're wanting to fly your cessna but not during ww1, ww2, korea or vietnam, the plane was only in a hangar for repairs/maintenance, otherwise it sat out in the weather.

But it didn't sit on the end of the runway
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 07:59:11 PM »
in real life if i knew there was something that would make my plane crash in the hangar, i definitely would not board the plane there.

semp

Well I'm sure if he knew that his plane would explode he would have spawned on the runway.
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 08:57:42 PM »
But it didn't sit on the end of the runway
depended on the airbase...on the grass fields the aircraft would get parked very close to one end of the runway and facing it. i guarantee you when a plane was taken in to or out of a hangar, it wasn't with the engine running, it was getting manhandled or towed by a vehicle.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 09:36:58 PM »
depended on the airbase...on the grass fields the aircraft would get parked very close to one end of the runway and facing it. i guarantee you when a plane was taken in to or out of a hangar, it wasn't with the engine running, it was getting manhandled or towed by a vehicle.

Absolutely but we don't have the ability to push/tow our plane out of the hangar and we can't spawn on the ramp, so the only other option is to taxi out of the hangar on your own power.

On grass fields you would still want to take off into the wind. Some airports have a rare exception where terrain forces you to take off and land at one end of the airports. So if you land on runway 18 you have to take off runway 36.
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 05:43:11 AM »
well it doesnt matter what happens in rl as this is not real life.  so if you dont want to lose your perks, dont spawn a 262 in the hangar.  and that's that.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline -sudz-

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 08:53:30 AM »
Thanks for the film midi

- sudz

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 09:37:04 AM »
Guys, if you're not going to talk about the bug, please move this discussion to the appropriate forum.  Thanks.
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting