Author Topic: Radio question - channel 1 not transmitting  (Read 339 times)

Offline BB Gun

• Copper Member
Radio question - channel 1 not transmitting
« on: September 06, 2011, 02:36:27 AM »
First - a link to my FOV problem, just in case there isn't sufficient cross-pollination:  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,319733.0.html

Second, the room channel shows up fine (pink) the country channel shows up fine (green) the individual tune channel shows up fine (white) but the general all channel (grey, channel 1) doesn't for anything I type.

I see others transmittals (various <salutes> and such) but neither I nor anyone else sees anything I transmit on 1.

Any clues?

BB
Win7x64/ECS PH-55A Black / Corei7 860 / 8GB Gskill F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK / Westy L2410NM / Radeon 5770 / Corsair 650TX / LG DVD / WD 640 Black AALS / WD 1TB&2TB GRN
My Pics
My daughter

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Radio question - channel 1 not transmitting
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 04:22:41 AM »
Channel 1 does not transmit text the main arena. You can send a salute with the dot command .s <playerid>

Channel 200 is used for an optional all channel in the MA.

Offline BB Gun

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 08:59:40 AM »
Doh, I missed the last sentences in each section of the radio faq -

The channels available are:

1 (All) - Everyone from all countries can see messages sent on this channel. Messages on channel 1 will show up in your text box as gray text. You can squelch channel 1 by typing ".squelch 1 [ENTER]" in your radio's text buffer. Because of abuse by some, this channel has been disabled in the Main Arenas.
*snip*
Channels 100-299 - In addition to the 5 channels available from the drop down box, you may tune your radios to channels between the 100 and 299. When tuned to one of these channels on the "V" radio, you can use voice communications via AH-Voice, which is part of the game. Channels 100 - 199 are for people in your country only. Anyone from your country who is tuned to the same channel will hear you. Channels 200-299 - Anyone tuned to the same channel in this range will hear you, regardless of country. Text messages on channels 100 - 199 will show up as yellow text while text on channel 200 - 299 will appear as gray text. Channel 200 has become the channel of choice for communications between countries. Tune to it if you want to hear all the conversations. If you tune to 200 and find there is too much traffic or you just don't want to see / "hear" it, just tune to any other channel.

Doh!

BB - who reads manuals, but apparently not very well...
Win7x64/ECS PH-55A Black / Corei7 860 / 8GB Gskill F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK / Westy L2410NM / Radeon 5770 / Corsair 650TX / LG DVD / WD 640 Black AALS / WD 1TB&2TB GRN
My Pics
My daughter

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 08:59:47 AM »
HTC changed the All channel to 200 a few years back, that way if you don't want to listen to all that stuff you can just de-tune it.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s