Author Topic: Tribulations of a dogsled drivin', whale blubber eatin', igloo livin' Canadian...  (Read 652 times)

Kanuck

4 hours....it took 4 stinkin hours, first doing what you guys call 'Jabo' (why may I ask?) and then getting my butt roasted in a 47 multiple times, but V54 was mine (only to have it taken back within the next hour) but GOD was it fun!!

I am no pilot. I have no idea why my plane pulls left when I crank it right in a turn...don't care either. Don't care for score much also, well, at least until you fighter gods get your "uber-planes"....

It's just simple fun! But, unfortunately as I actually am Canadian I can't justify it (to da wife, eh... $45 + a month...(our dollar sucks massively),...is there any hope in the future of the monthly rate dropping even a wee bit?

I ain't whining,...by no means...I love this...but ya, when you think about it, I am not a real pilot. I probably will never appreciate the intricacies of the flight model. So $45 or more per month gets a little high for 2 to 4 hours play time per week (I just started my 2 week trial...I'm speculating the amount of time I'll have per week without getting kicked in the nads by my wife). This being said, will there be a "pay as you go" scheme implemented in the future where I can buy blocks of time?

Just curious. I realize you guys have probably beat these topics into the dirt. But I am a little new to all this (didn't even realize this board was here) and really, trying to read all these threads AND make sense out of who's saying what BEFORE I post...well, I'd never get to post...

Kanuck

by the by, I realize alot of Canadians flew for the Britts in WW2, but can anyone tell me which plane they flew in most? I suck as a fighter jock...but I'd prefer to suck on a historically accurate level....

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
      • Military Surplus Collectors Forums
hehe....

Welcome kanuck, from another Canuck.  

<Salute>....

You are the true definition of an MA warrior.

"Kill em all and let God sort em out"

I too pay $45/month (Cdn), but look at it as not much more than the price of going out to a movie up here in igloo land.

WB's, a competitor, offers a $9.95/month (U.S.) arena which I've experienced first hand.  It's not as good as AH's MA in too many ways to get into here, but if you'd care to send me an off-line e-mail (see my profile), I'll share with you some experiences.

AH is great value, even at the current pricing, but I do agree it would be nice to have some alternative financial options for those of us who don't fly as much.

Block time?  You mean like a pay phone?  I'm on a guy's six and about to pull the trigger, when a message pops up...."Your three minutes are up, please deposit another 25 cents on your credit card".  

Regards,
Badger

The New Baby Hard Seals

Kanuck

We have movie theatres?....must be those BIG igloos,...LOL

Well, I guess block time does sound stupid...oh well, what'da ya do...so if I stay on at the end of the trial period...have you found a Canadian squadron in Aces High....or are us Canadians too low key to advertise?....

Kanuck

"whad are ya talk'n a-boot....eh?"

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
K,

If you love a thing, let it go.

If it comes back to you, its yours forever.

She will undertsand  

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Badger

• Copper Member
      • Military Surplus Collectors Forums

Originally posted by Kanuck:

Well, I guess block time does sound stupid...oh well, what'da ya do....

hehe...sorry kanuck....I wasn't making fun of your idea, I was actually intrigued at its possibilities to bring in more users.  I just can't get my head around the implementation on how it would work or be programmed?

Regards,
Badger

Offline Nashwan

• Silver Member
If you want info on who flew what, go here http://www.rafcommands.currantbun.com/
It lists all RAF (and RCAF I think) fighter and bomber squadrons based in the UK during the war, the planes they flew and when.
In AH the only British planes you can currently fly are the Spit IX, Spit V and Typhoon, all of which would have been flown by Canadian squadrons. Take the Spit IX, it's the easiest to fly.

Kanuck

I think I'll have to wait and see at the end o' 2 weeks....as bizarre as it may seem, I DO enjoy rolling over at 20k to dive on a low buff (6k I'd guess) only to pile right into the ground because I forgot I'd black out....god did I laff.

If I 'buy into the plan' we'll have to see about an all Canadian squad...

Good hunting!

Kanuck

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Hi Kanuck
We Canadians were very capable Spitfire, Hurricane, Typhoon, Mosquito, Halifax, Lancaster,Beaufighter,P51 and P40 pilots.
We flew most any plane the RAF or Fleet Air Arm used.(Canadian pilots served both in RCAF squadrons and in RAF squadrons.)
It might be hard to fathom on week 1 of playing but $45 Canadian is a bargain. I have another 40 going into my ADSL line too.
The problem is not getting your monies worth but stopping your self from going overboard.

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
Welcome Kanuck!

You're gonna be a blubber eatin' addict soon.

Jabo

A German term for a fighter configured for ground attack. Pronounced "Yah-bow".

Cheers, Gunthr

------------------

http://www.ropescourse.org/flying.htm"" TARGET=_blank>332nd Flying Mongrels

[This message has been edited by Gunthr (edited 05-19-2000).]
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
By the way Canadians, I couldn't live there (weather) but you have a great anthem and thanks for getting some of our guts out of Iran a couple of years ago...
doc

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
No prob.
Thanks for keepin the ruski hords at bay for a few generations..
and thanks alot for the Quarter Cheese as well.

PS
sorry about burning down washington DC..
wont happen again..

[This message has been edited by Pongo (edited 05-19-2000).]

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
Wont Happen Again???
 OO MAN..That spoils my plans for the weekend  
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

funked

If you guys are really nice we'll let you wing the Stanley Cup again.