Author Topic: New screen shot on aces high FB new tank comming  (Read 5003 times)

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: New screen shot on aces high FB new tank comming
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2011, 02:42:11 PM »
Meh.  It doesn't have wings, ya can't fly it, pffffffft.

you could easily fly any tank, just drive it off of a very steep mountain at max speed :banana:

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2011, 03:50:09 PM »
Another thing I noted: HTC are going to change the name of the software again, this time too "Tank Ace".

Link: www.twitter.com/HTC

I'll raise you http://youtu.be/4kI4l_RUTv0
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2011, 04:12:41 PM »

youre incorrect on the cannon difference. both are the 76.2mm M1A1 cannon. Neither the M-18 nor the M4/76mm use the older M-10's M7 3" (76.2mm) cannon. (these are the only two 76mm cannons used by the US in WWII). The only difference between the M7 and M1A1 is that the M1A1 was lighter. All its actions and ammunition are equivalent in firepower and accuracy <S>

Reload rate was based on space to move fast and the crew itself. seeing as how we do not model tank crews' veterancy in AH i have a feeling the open turret will allow a faster paced reload but that is speculation.

Good call on the 76mm/3in cannon issue.  Prior to double checking a printed source I thought the M10 and M4/76 shared the same cannon.  Regardless, same ammo and same ammo performance.  Only the reload time is in question.  I would like to think the M18 would have a slight reload rate advantage, but who knows.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2011, 04:28:44 PM »
I'm not sure if its even perk worthy. I was expecting the M3/75 to recieve an ENY drop to at least 35 (what the LVTA4 is). It seems HTC doesn't put much stock in speed being the equal of armor in terms of surviabilty.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2011, 04:29:25 PM »
I'm not sure if its even perk worthy. I was expecting the M3/75 to recieve an ENY drop to at least 35 (what the LVTA4 is). It seems HTC doesn't put much stock in speed being the equal of armor in terms of surviabilty.

M4/75 is a 35 ENY tank...

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2011, 04:32:47 PM »
M4/75 is a 35 ENY tank...
hes talking about the M3 with with the 75mm
Kommando Nowotny "Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2011, 04:33:55 PM »
hes talking about the M3 with with the 75mm
oh, looked like he typed M4/75.

but why would the M3 get a eny drop? its killed by a pintle gun and its turret FOV sucks, also, not to mention  the gun can hardly penetrate a panzers front armor at 1k.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2011, 04:39:31 PM »
oh, looked like he typed M4/75.

but why would the M3 get a eny drop? its killed by a pintle gun and its turret FOV sucks, also, not to mention  the gun can hardly penetrate a panzers front armor at 1k.

Same holds true for the LVTA4. M8 can't punch through anything but the turret at anything past about 200yds or so. Every other cannon-armed vehicle has an ENY of 35 at most (again, even the LVTA4, which is almost impossible to kill a tank with). So when the M3 gets a cannon, why is it unreasonable to expect them to follow the same pattern?
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2011, 06:20:10 PM »
I'm not sure if its even perk worthy. I was expecting the M3/75 to receive an ENY drop to at least 35 (what the LVTA4 is). It seems HTC doesn't put much stock in speed being the equal of armor in terms of survivability.

No reason the should. I haven't had any trouble killing M3/75's, in fact a bit easier than LVTA4's at first impression.
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2011, 08:05:41 AM »
I bet there will be a small perk price on them simply because otherwise they will be used to consistently in the kamikaze mode and they will be very good at it too

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2011, 10:54:32 AM »
I bet there will be a small perk price on them simply because otherwise they will be used to consistently in the kamikaze mode and they will be very good at it too

been rethinking the perk (pyro when i PM'd him had said there will be a perk if the GV added and that was 5 months ago) but now im thinking 2-4 perks. you gotta think, the armor of the M4/76 is iffy at times also... include the 60mph top end and well... it's deadly
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2011, 10:57:45 AM »
if its that cheap it will certainly be a perk farmer, I was guessing around 10 perks due to the speed.
maybe.. but we wont know till its added <S> all i know is i cant wait to duke it out with you on the fields with my new playtoy :banana:
Actually, the rate of fire is a bit slower than the M-4. While the turret is open-topped, it is smaller. There is less space between the gun's breech and the rear of the turret.

wrongway
quite possibly. but at the same time there is also less ammunition than the M4s which = more space to compensate for the small turret room but hey again who knows till they add it right?

Well I don't feel the need to over analyze this new cartoon tank. I would say maybe 1-3 perk like the m4.

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

BAR321,Don't shoot your eye kid. ;)
:ahand
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2011, 11:01:03 AM »
maybe.. but we wont know till its added <S> all i know is i cant wait to duke it out with you on the fields with my new playtoy :banana

I'll fly air cover in the Yak-3 they are no doubt adding right now as we speak....PLEEEEEEEEZZZZ HTC? :airplane:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2011, 03:55:34 PM »
I heard it was a with some rails added on to throw  you guys  off the scent.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2011, 07:21:14 PM »
I'd be pissed.