Author Topic: You are brutal!  (Read 427 times)

Karaya One

You are brutal!
« on: February 18, 2000, 11:21:00 PM »
Ok...

I havent flown in a while but boy did I get my airelon handed to me last night!

Was having mucho problems getting my view system set with the MS FF PRO. In Warbirds, it was easy to get all the view. But I am finding hard to get all the quarter and high views with AH.

Any advice? I know this thread belongs in another forum but there are more people here.

If anyone has the MS FF PRO *.SWF file please send it to me at karaya1@mindspring.com

K1

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
You are brutal!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2000, 12:03:00 AM »
I use the Microsoft Force Feedback stick too. I just emailed you my profile. I hope it is of some help.

------------------
   hblair

JG 77 WB's Historical Arena & Events
The ASSASSINS WB's Main Arena, ACA
Luftwoobies Sturmgruppe Kommando Aces High

[This message has been edited by hblair (edited 02-19-2000).]

Offline weazel

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
You are brutal!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2000, 12:11:00 AM »
LOL-Welcome to "The Unfriendly Skies" and here`s a link to a MS PPro stick config.  http://www.hitechcreations.com/misc/rendar.zip

------------------

JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by weazel (edited 02-19-2000).]

Offline danish

• Nickel Member
You are brutal!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2000, 03:32:00 AM »
Sending one as well - fundamental problem is that the views are so many because of the "looking around" possibilities that the buttons are too few heh.
Really need a digital wristrudder combo setup but none out there yet AFAIK.

danish

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
You are brutal!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2000, 08:02:00 AM »
danish,

My old Sidewinder 3D pro is a digital stick (the first one I believe), has the 8-way hat (which works perfectly for me) and the twist rudder.  Oh, and a throttle slider.  Same stick I've been using since WB 1.0.    BTW, I use the 8 way hat for the expected views, with forward being up 45 degrees.  I use my B or 2nd trigger as my UP view, and I can modify all my other hat views with it.  This works fine for me because I stick to .50 cal aircraft and only need one trigger for both gun banks.

Or by digital did you mean a USB version?

If they ever come out with a rudder peda/stick/throttle combo that are all USB I'm in.  Until then, my trusty old SW3DPro will do the job.  

------------------
Lephturn
The Flying Pigs
Visit Lephturn's Aerodrome for AH news, resources, and training data.
 http://users.andara.com/~sconrad/

Offline Cobra

• Nickel Member
You are brutal!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2000, 08:37:00 AM »
I had posted this as a reply to a MS Force Feedback Pro inquiry in the Hardware/Software forum.
I just switched to a Suncom HOTAS set-up, but I had been using the FFP up to this point.
I didn't use the sidewinder profile editor to setup the stick, I used the stick mapping feature within AH itself.

My set-up was like this....

Button 1 (trigger)- Fighters --Set to the Fire all function or N key....on bombers I re-set to F key for fire primary only.

Button 2 (left button on stick)- Fighters-- set to the Zoom function Z key. Bombers set to the secondary fire key or B key.

Button 3 - (Upper right button on stick)Fighters and Bombers -- Set the elevator down trim feature or I key.

Button 4 - (lower right button on stick)Fighters and Bombers -- Set the elevator up trim feature or K key.

Button 5 -(A button on base) Fighters and Bombers -- Set the aileron right trim feature or < key.

Button 6 -(B button on base) Fighters and Bombers -- Set the Flap up feature or the W key.

Button 7 -(C button on base) Fighters and bombers -- set the aileron left feature or the M key.

Button 8 -(D button on base) Fighters and bombers -- Set the Flap down feature or the Q key.

Button 9 - (Shift button on Base) Fighters and bombers -- Set the look up feature or the 5 key on numpad. Use this with the hat views combined and you get 45 degree angle up views around the vis clock.

The hat switch is set for the views..
Push hat forward -- get the look up forward view or 8/5 combination on numpad.

Push hat upper right corner -- get the look forward right view or the 9 on numpad.

Push hat right-- get the look right view or 6 on numpad.

Push hat lower right corner -- get the look back right view or the 3 on numpad.

Push hat back -- get the look back view or the 2 on the numpad.

Push hat lower left corner -- get the look back left view or the 1 on the numpad.

Push hat left -- get the look left view or the 4 on numpad.

Push hat upper left -- get the look forward left view or the 7 on the numpad.

Hat in center position defaults to the look straight ahead view or 8 on numpad.

I'm at work currently so I may have the numbers of keys on the joystick wrong (that's why I added the A,B,C,D coding that the stick has on the buttons), but I'll double check when I get home to make sure its right.

------------------
Member of the Flying Elvis's...AH's most elite parachute team...

[This message has been edited by Cobra (edited 01-24-2000).]

Karaya One

You are brutal!
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2000, 10:32:00 AM »
Thanks for the files!

Looking over the setups I can see that everyone is using the coolie hat for "normal" views and using buttons for the high angle views.

I had it configured the same way on my stick. If I recall correctly, Warbirds had a "stick set 2" which allowed the coolie to utilize 16 views. Thus you could use the level AND hi-angle views on the same hat.

I messed around with the stick mappings, the MS FF PRO software, and the key mappings in AH. Couldnt get it to work.

I often found, which was evident by my fireball status last night, that I would loose sight of the bogeys rather quickly. And we all know what happens when you loose sight..

Guess I will keep trying different combos until I found out what works for me.
Thanks again for the assistance.

K1

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
You are brutal!
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2000, 10:56:00 AM »
Oh my God !!! It's alive !!!

Hey Karaya - old bastard..what you up to ?

Going to the con this year ?
i'm driving down, but if you are going in the  XXX of your, i'm going wiht you  

------------------

Bartlomiej Rajewski
S/L fd-ski Sq. 303 (Polish) "Kosciuszko" RAF
   www.raf303.org  

Offline llbm_MOL

• Copper Member
You are brutal!
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2000, 12:24:00 PM »
Karaya old chum! Glad to see you up in the unfriendly skies!! I've had hell getting the view system down in AH also and it shows in my lack of good flying! But reading this post has given me some ideas I'm gonna try. Hey Cobra thanx for writing it all out like that.

LLBM OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
You are brutal!
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2000, 12:56:00 PM »
All ya have to do to look up and around with the profile I sent ya is press 'shift-D' on the stick(which is mapped to the #5 on the numberpad) on the stick. This gives you your straight up view, then to look up and around, keep it pressed and move your hat switch around, pretty simple.

[This message has been edited by hblair (edited 02-19-2000).]

Karaya One

You are brutal!
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2000, 10:52:00 AM »
Thanks for all the joystick help.

I mapped the high angle views to one button and it seems to be working better. However, you need to depress the key the whole time. In Warbirds, you could just press it once and it would stay in that view until the button was pressed again.

I took a little bit of everything from all the files people sent me. Now, if I can just break the old habits and learn the new setup, I'll be ok. Thanks again for all the help.

LLBM & FDSKI- Good to see you knuckle-heads again!! Stay off my tail until I get my Pig Wings extended! Amazing some of the stuff you dont forget...and other stuff you do.

FDSKI, what con? A Warbirds con or AH con?
Not really into a Warbird Con unless my squad gets behind it. Real life has been nuts but hopefully by summer I can get a pass from the Sgt. General for some personal time.

Good to see you both up
K1

Offline danish

• Nickel Member
You are brutal!
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2000, 12:07:00 PM »
Hmmmmm.... good idea with the "up view\hat combination" - if I understand you guys right.Going back in laboratioum..

danish