Author Topic: Play quality  (Read 6716 times)

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Re: Play quality
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2011, 02:24:28 AM »
Strategy should include blowing up bridges thereby stopping gv attacks or making them take a longer route.  :)

Should include bombing factories and supply lines, trains and trucks, weakening enemy and forcing them to use less optimal resources (planes / gvs) until repaired.  :aok

Sinking merchant ships weakening the resolve of citizens in towns to fight and make towns easier to take. :ahand

We also have great looking hq and strats, but don't really fight in them.   :frown:

Zone strat with gv spawns might add more fun as well. Especially if planes could blow up and block routes within them.  :)

But then this is aces high and the dogfights are what it is mostly about still, right?   :headscratch:

:old: :airplane: :joystick:
  :bolt:

some very simple ideas that could be interesting to further gameplay.....this is what im talking about wiley...let alone the graphics...
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2011, 07:34:52 AM »
I must admit, I think Grizz is right about this.  There doesn't seem to be much effort being put into improving the strategic gameplay.  Heck, HTC won't even make maps for the game.  For whatever reason, it is expected that the community do that work.  Even more baffling is that the community doesn't seem to see that as a problem.

+10...... we can point fingers at each other for not doing better with what we have but I was always shocked that there weren't frequent map changes/improvements to keep things fresh....i thought usrangers desert map should have been incorporated into the MA upon arrival....but I also always thought "Why did all the maps seem to originate with players using a map editor???"

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2011, 07:51:42 AM »
How would you compare play quality compared to a couple, 3, 4 years ago? Maybe even longer? I dont mean the game itself, which has improved, or even individual players. Im asking about how the player base now plays the game compared to years ago?
Trust me, it's the SAME. Your perception has changed, you notice things you never noticed before
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2011, 07:59:02 AM »
I know it's worthless to answer to you, because like a horse with a set of blinders on all you see is is what is in front of you and either don't care or ignore everything else around you, but here goes....

To you and many.....far to many.... this game has become "GRAB THE BASES!!!" and that is it, period, end game. Like most gamers you guys do the same things over and over again until you hit the "big boss" (the base) and over whelm him with your numbers/super powers.

To Guppy and many of us the actual fight is all we want. We don't care who owns the base or who is attacking it, all we see is a fight and that is what we go for. That is what this game was all about. A chance to pretend for a few hours a night to be a WWII fighter pilot, of Buff pilot in a mission, or a Tank commander leading an assault. All the thrill of the battle with none of that crappy stuff like fear, death, blood, loosing body parts, loosing friends, waiting for some supply group to replace the plane you just got shot out of. Just the "glory" of the fight.

If all you want to do is grab land why not try HERE. Its free and you can run the board day and night.

I like guys like fugi/guppy/shuff and numerous other folks who are "all about the air combat".  They mean well but are unable to see the onesidedness of their thinking.  I will explain:

Their basic interpretation of base capture is to make air combat happen.....ok lets roll with this.

1. The "furballers" want to be there to stop the base grab...They up light fiters and pick off hevy fiters/110's/goons/buffs who are not there primarily to fight back...but to capture the base.  In this case they get to be the "wolves" and the base capture guys are "sheep"  Overall fun for them...not so fun for the sheep UNLESS they capture the base...
2.  The wolves then get upset with the sheep for not running right back at them but trying to accomplish their fun by hitting a different base....
3.  Now the only way for the sheep to become wolves is if they basically abandon base attack at that point and up light fiters to evenly fight the wolves.  But they have to abandon the original objective to do so...not exactly a fair trade.
4.  Oh wait a minute..another way to prevent the win the war would be to retake the bases that were captured...but wait a minute that would mean these "furballers/air combat" guys would have to run missions.....ewwwww.

Now where i call BS is that the furballlers....who want to use base capture to encourage air combat never run true base capture missions and let themselves be the sheep.  When I played the game I NEVER heard "Here comes a shuffler mission....get up fast"  or "Here comes a Guppy mission roll out" or "watch out here comes another fugi mission oh noes!!"  I know guppy ran "stupid lets make fun of base capture" missions but hell they were rare and don't count.  ANOTHER EXAMPLE of the "Its up to us players to "do the right thing for the game" where it really means "YOU do the right thing for ME to have fun with the game."

I think this will go way over their heads....but maybe...just maybe....for once...a so-called furballer will understand how easy it would be for them to affect gameplay.

So stop being hypocrites boys!!! If you believe that base capture encourages air combat....why aren't YOU running these missions and forcing the others to defend...AND don't forget to keep coming back hevy with goons and 110s to finish the base over and over again btw.....maybe they will like being wolves while they get to slaughter YOU????  But maybe you wont find being the sheep so much fun...

/facepalm

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2011, 08:21:11 AM »
I like guys like fugi/guppy/shuff and numerous other folks who are "all about the air combat".  They mean well but are unable to see the onesidedness of their thinking.  I will explain:

Their basic interpretation of base capture is to make air combat happen.....ok lets roll with this.

1. The "furballers" want to be there to stop the base grab...They up light fiters and pick off hevy fiters/110's/goons/buffs who are not there primarily to fight back...but to capture the base.  In this case they get to be the "wolves" and the base capture guys are "sheep"  Overall fun for them...not so fun for the sheep UNLESS they capture the base...
2.  The wolves then get upset with the sheep for not running right back at them but trying to accomplish their fun by hitting a different base....
3.  Now the only way for the sheep to become wolves is if they basically abandon base attack at that point and up light fiters to evenly fight the wolves.  But they have to abandon the original objective to do so...not exactly a fair trade.
4.  Oh wait a minute..another way to prevent the win the war would be to retake the bases that were captured...but wait a minute that would mean these "furballers/air combat" guys would have to run missions.....ewwwww.

Now where i call BS is that the furballlers....who want to use base capture to encourage air combat never run true base capture missions and let themselves be the sheep.  When I played the game I NEVER heard "Here comes a shuffler mission....get up fast"  or "Here comes a Guppy mission roll out" or "watch out here comes another fugi mission oh noes!!"  I know guppy ran "stupid lets make fun of base capture" missions but hell they were rare and don't count.  ANOTHER EXAMPLE of the "Its up to us players to "do the right thing for the game" where it really means "YOU do the right thing for ME to have fun with the game."

I think this will go way over their heads....but maybe...just maybe....for once...a so-called furballer will understand how easy it would be for them to affect gameplay.

So stop being hypocrites boys!!! If you believe that base capture encourages air combat....why aren't YOU running these missions and forcing the others to defend...AND don't forget to keep coming back hevy with goons and 110s to finish the base over and over again btw.....maybe they will like being wolves while they get to slaughter YOU????  But maybe you wont find being the sheep so much fun...

/facepalm

Never has such a high-pitched and complex whine been perpetrated on these boards...

Of course furballers don't want to be sheep, being a sheep is only fun for simpletons.  What the sheep need to do is figure out how to take a base with something more than hordes of bombers and heavy fighters and persevere in the fight until they get the base rather than running off to the other side of the map.  But alas, they can't do this because they are simpletons and therein lies the intrinsic problem with the game- it's full of simpletons who are entertained by doing the same thing over and over again with the least amount of resistance possible.

It will never be fixed. Ever.  That's why HTC doesn't bother with making changes. They are aware of this. The vast majority of the players will be happy playing on the same maps over and over again. Changing things to cater to a few people is a bad business decision. Also, it's just silly and irresponsible to buy a 2 year old an erector set. They won't have fun with it because it is too hard for them and they will probably end up choking on the parts and hurting themselves. If HTC makes the game more complex, the simpletons will either whine, get bored and leave or hurt their brain cell trying to figure it out. 

Any other questions?

Long live the furball...
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2011, 08:25:06 AM »

This is AH gameplay in a nutshell hoarde or be hoarded and its gotten worse since the 12 hour switch rubbish, we need 1 hour switch times back.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2011, 09:03:39 AM »
Never has such a high-pitched and complex whine been perpetrated on these boards...I do think you find it complex...but your response is awkward at best.  I guess your part of the PC crowd who can't stick with words but has to label anything a "whine" or call people "simpletons".  Its sad to even have to respond to you

Of course furballers don't want to be sheep, being a sheep is only fun for simpletons.  What the sheep need to do is figure out how to take a base with something more than hordes of bombers and heavy fighters and persevere in the fight until they get the base rather than running off to the other side of the map.  But alas, they can't do this because they are simpletons and therein lies the intrinsic problem with the game- it's full of simpletons who are entertained by doing the same thing over and over again with the least amount of resistance possible. Oh you mean like expecting other people to be sheep for you...lol pot meet kettle who thinks he is not a pot...wow just wow

It will never be fixed. Ever.  That's why HTC doesn't bother with making changes. The saddest part of this post..this is made by a HTC fan as a SUPPORTIVE comment????They are aware of this. The vast majority of the players will be happy playing on the same maps over and over again. O'rly????Changing things to cater to a few people is a bad business decision. Yep keeping something fresh in an everchanging marketplace is just silly...tell ya what...go ahead and try an ipad/microwave/car....they ARE better and people like better. Also, it's just silly and irresponsible to buy a 2 year old an erector set. They won't have fun with it because it is too hard for them and they will probably end up choking on the parts and hurting themselves. If HTC makes the game more complex, the simpletons will either whine, get bored and leave or hurt their brain cell trying to figure it out. The sad thing is I actually believe that you think this game is hard....wow....you also seem to think erector sets are complex?? they are another example of a product that never kept up with the times and are now obsoleteAny other questions? Hate to point out the obvious but you were never asked one...soooo no?
Long live the furball...

Perfect case in point....

I can't argue with a person who needs people to be "targets" for himself and insults cartoon pilots....

fail is fail...i can't fix you bro... :rolleyes:
 :bhead
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 09:07:39 AM by FALCONWING »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2011, 10:48:41 AM »

First I think this "furballer" tag has to go. Personally I don't like furballs as I hate getting picked by 3 guys while I'm trying to pick someone else. I think you'd find most of the people that are concidered "furballers" would much rather fly sweeps for and/or against missions than furball.

a smart mission planner would launch light fighters, 6 or so for a base capture, 5 minutes BEFORE the main attack force. There sole perpose would be to draw the defenders away from the target using tactics made for them to survive. BnZ with a wingman and such. 6 guys could keep 10-12 guys busy for 15- 20 minutes either they are effective, and have a few skills. (unfortunately most players count on the horde to win the day, not skill)

Had they sent fighter cover in  the first place they might not have had to abandoned their mission. Missions are made up of many different elements and the players filling those "rolls" should be counted on to fill them. Sometimes your one of the goon pilots, sometimes fighter cover. Either way you should want to give 100% to help in the mission, other wise WHY ARE YOU IN A MISSION?

Todays players aren't skilled enough to be depended on. I'd bet more than half the guys dive bombing targets will miss, or auger in ANY mission run these days. I'd bet that the other 50% will zoom strait up making a great target for any wolf who wants to pick. I'd bet that more than 75% don't know how to "porpoise" when de-acking and why it might be important. Why, because todays players are gamers and all of the massive on-line games these days are nothing buthaving everyone run into the same wall over and over again. The more running into the wall the faster it goes down. It doesn't take any skill to run into a wall.

I would love to see this, but it is hard to generate some help. The reason is everyone is too busy running in the horde to split off and try something like that. Yesterday the Bish horde was attacking 27, while the rook horde was attacking 28, 30 miles away from each other.  :rolleyes:

I have run hundreds of missions. I spent hours on end circling fields in a bomber guiding every bit of the attack with my birds eye seat. I got burnt out running missions. Too much time planning, not enough time "playing". I ran missions for 5 years (2 in AW, and 3 here) I didn't want the responsibility of running them any more. I am more than happy to join any mission today except NOEs, or missions where the briefing goes like this..

"110's hit the town, P47's hit the hangers, everyone else clean up. Flatten any thing left up!"

Which means I'm not in too many missions these days.

/facepalm

Todays players don't want missions, they want to roll over a base with out having to fight for it. Guppy's mission don't work because as soon as anyone on the defenders side knows it's them they run away because they know Guppy's not really after the base, and that most of the guys flying with him a decent sticks so they being the skilless players they are know they don't stand a chance at shooting them down so they a re gone.

Todays players are very good at avoiding a fight, and go to great lengths to do so.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2011, 12:58:09 PM »

First I think this "furballer" tag has to go. Personally I don't like furballs as I hate getting picked by 3 guys while I'm trying to pick someone else. I think you'd find most of the people that are concidered "furballers" would much rather fly sweeps for and/or against missions than furball.

a smart mission planner would launch light fighters, 6 or so for a base capture, 5 minutes BEFORE the main attack force. There sole perpose would be to draw the defenders away from the target using tactics made for them to survive. BnZ with a wingman and such. 6 guys could keep 10-12 guys busy for 15- 20 minutes either they are effective, and have a few skills. (unfortunately most players count on the horde to win the day, not skill)

Had they sent fighter cover in  the first place they might not have had to abandoned their mission. Missions are made up of many different elements and the players filling those "rolls" should be counted on to fill them. Sometimes your one of the goon pilots, sometimes fighter cover. Either way you should want to give 100% to help in the mission, other wise WHY ARE YOU IN A MISSION?

Todays players aren't skilled enough to be depended on. I'd bet more than half the guys dive bombing targets will miss, or auger in ANY mission run these days. I'd bet that the other 50% will zoom strait up making a great target for any wolf who wants to pick. I'd bet that more than 75% don't know how to "porpoise" when de-acking and why it might be important. Why, because todays players are gamers and all of the massive on-line games these days are nothing buthaving everyone run into the same wall over and over again. The more running into the wall the faster it goes down. It doesn't take any skill to run into a wall.

I would love to see this, but it is hard to generate some help. The reason is everyone is too busy running in the horde to split off and try something like that. Yesterday the Bish horde was attacking 27, while the rook horde was attacking 28, 30 miles away from each other.  :rolleyes:

I have run hundreds of missions. I spent hours on end circling fields in a bomber guiding every bit of the attack with my birds eye seat. I got burnt out running missions. Too much time planning, not enough time "playing". I ran missions for 5 years (2 in AW, and 3 here) I didn't want the responsibility of running them any more. I am more than happy to join any mission today except NOEs, or missions where the briefing goes like this..

"110's hit the town, P47's hit the hangers, everyone else clean up. Flatten any thing left up!"

Which means I'm not in too many missions these days.

Todays players don't want missions, they want to roll over a base with out having to fight for it. Guppy's mission don't work because as soon as anyone on the defenders side knows it's them they run away because they know Guppy's not really after the base, and that most of the guys flying with him a decent sticks so they being the skilless players they are know they don't stand a chance at shooting them down so they a re gone.

Todays players are very good at avoiding a fight, and go to great lengths to do so.
Thank you for a non-vitriolic well reasoned post!  :salute

My only observation is that you expect the "horde" mission planners to be able to generate a coordination level that (you admit later in your post) is hard even for a veteran respected pilot to obtain.  Hence the overwhelming numbers and quick abandonment of a successfully defended target. I don't see how you can have it both ways....you choose to put it on their skill level...ithink that simplistic and a bit elitist...as i mentioned in my other post...this is NOT a hard game...seriously....have you seen a ps3 controller nowadays???  let alone most on-line games that involve PvP...all you need for AH is a joystick and rudder/throttle capability...

i agree that many folks never quite get the hang of it but look at the age range of this game....im guessing most are 35+ at this point....i may bet older....i know it seems hard compared to an atari/pong controller but it is really very simple

My snarky response would be that most of the "veteran anti-horde" crew don't want or aren't willing to take on the responsibility for organizing sensible resistance.  I don't blame you.....i burned out on that myself....having to always be on organizing/recruiting/map watching to try to balance against bad game mechanics DOES suck....

But if you think in the heyday of BoPs the reason I could put together mega-missions with outstanding success even when we were opposed was just pure coincidence...then you are mistaken....it took months to years of flying EVERYDAY....posting missions EVERYDAY.....of course initially the missions were poorly attended...it was hard work and time to create that level of countrywide trust that would make peeps "give a crap" and drop what they were doing to help out...

I see a lot of finger pointing as always but I have YET to see the person soooo concerned about gameplay that they are willing to make that commitment themselves....

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2011, 01:38:53 PM »
Thank you for a non-vitriolic well reasoned post!  :salute

My only observation is that you expect the "horde" mission planners to be able to generate a coordination level that (you admit later in your post) is hard even for a veteran respected pilot to obtain.  Hence the overwhelming numbers and quick abandonment of a successfully defended target. I don't see how you can have it both ways....you choose to put it on their skill level...ithink that simplistic and a bit elitist...as i mentioned in my other post...this is NOT a hard game...seriously....have you seen a ps3 controller nowadays???  let alone most on-line games that involve PvP...all you need for AH is a joystick and rudder/throttle capability...

i agree that many folks never quite get the hang of it but look at the age range of this game....im guessing most are 35+ at this point....i may bet older....i know it seems hard compared to an atari/pong controller but it is really very simple

My snarky response would be that most of the "veteran anti-horde" crew don't want or aren't willing to take on the responsibility for organizing sensible resistance.  I don't blame you.....i burned out on that myself....having to always be on organizing/recruiting/map watching to try to balance against bad game mechanics DOES suck....

But if you think in the heyday of BoPs the reason I could put together mega-missions with outstanding success even when we were opposed was just pure coincidence...then you are mistaken....it took months to years of flying EVERYDAY....posting missions EVERYDAY.....of course initially the missions were poorly attended...it was hard work and time to create that level of countrywide trust that would make peeps "give a crap" and drop what they were doing to help out...

I see a lot of finger pointing as always but I have YET to see the person soooo concerned about gameplay that they are willing to make that commitment themselves....

....and I believe that is the differance between a simmer and a gamer.

A simmer wants to play the hero of his/her dreams. To do this they must become good at what they are doing. You can't win dogfights, or dive bomb, or level bomb, or capture bases with out practice to increase YOUR skill, not your "skill points" as in other games. Simmers seek out instruction and learn to get better at "how" they play.

A gamer on the other hand looks for the quickest easiest way to get to the end game, and for most its a base capture. Fighting doesn't even factor in any more, as a matter of fact it's a hindrance to there play. It slows down the number of captures per hour (thank god that isn't a stat kept and displayed by HTC!)

Confusing the simplicity of the game controls with skill in the game is another mistake. Sure its easy to learn what button does what, and gamers learn so many more, but I don't care how many button combinations they know, it is not going to shoot down my plane. How many button presses does it take to dive bomb with a P38? Not many but you still see 3 out of 4 crash while doing it.

Todays players are not interested in pretending to be WWII pilots and tankers. They are only here to capture the next base. Running in with a horde against minimal defense and rolling base after base is boring, that is why they are looking for new maps....which they will just run over as fast as they can anyway, new vehicles (which they won't use unless it can take out a TigerII in one shot), and new planes 9which they won't use unless they have bigger, or more cannons). They have done away with strategy, training, and anything that has to do with "skill" in playing the game, while the rest of us still look for a good fight.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2011, 02:07:28 PM »
Fuji, while I agree with you for the most part, it is somewhat unreasonable to expect others to do what we ourselves are unwilling to do.  You complain that players these days don't want to do anything but horde.  I would suggest that in the case of newer players, they have never been shown and/or taught how effective (and fun) the highly organized (non horde) missions you describe can be.

Who is going to teach/show them?  Are you willing to put in the effort?  I don't think I am.  

So, why should we expect anything more then what we are already getting in game?

Maybe there needs to be a cadre of long term players who volunteer to step up and put together missions for a few months.  And not just for one country, but for all three.  If there were such Veteran Mission Planners putting together base captures, GV raids, HQ bomber raids, fighter sweeps, and other such things consistently for a few months on all sides, you might start to see a change in the way newer players approach the game.  You can't really expect newer players to adopt a play style that they have never seen or experienced, now can you?

But who is going to step up and do the heavy lifting required?  Anyone?

Probably not.  It's simply much easier to say that we've done our time.  Or that the current xboxers will never follow.  Or whatever excuse we have so we can continue to blame everyone else instead of ourselves.

This isn't an attack on any particular person, just an attack on the idea that new players should play how we would like them to, but without anyone teaching it to them.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 02:20:36 PM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2011, 02:27:47 PM »
Todays players are not interested in pretending to be WWII pilots and tankers. They are only here to capture the next base. Running in with a horde against minimal defense and rolling base after base is boring, that is why they are looking for new maps....which they will just run over as fast as they can anyway, new vehicles (which they won't use unless it can take out a TigerII in one shot), and new planes which they won't use unless they have bigger, or more cannons). They have done away with strategy, training, and anything that has to do with "skill" in playing the game, while the rest of us still look for a good fight.
sorry falconwing, i don't know how long it's been since you played ah, nor why you chose to occupy your time with an mmorpg but, fugitive has it right in this instance. the quick fix, console gaming mentality has slowly but surely taken over the ww2 flight sim world. not that the old timers looking through the rose colored air warrior glasses have it completely right either, but if anyone actually took the time to look at the underlying differences between player expectations just 5 years ago with what they are now, they would see why things are the way they are in ah. it has little to do with what htc adds to the game since few want to do anything more than what fugitive described.

as for new maps, htc has done the same thing retail game developers have done for a long time, given the players the tools needed to add their own content. you don't see people whining about the lack of new maps for games like the call of duty or battlefield series, because the developers released tools for the players to use in creating their own. why the expectation that htc be solely responsible for the introduction of new maps is a mystery since not one of those who cry for new maps here has the same expectations of the developers for other games they play.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2011, 02:34:20 PM »
Perfect case in point....

I can't argue with a person who needs people to be "targets" for himself and insults cartoon pilots....

fail is fail...i can't fix you bro... :rolleyes:
 :bhead

Wow.  Incredibly, you missed the point of everything I said.  I guess I shouldn’t be too surprised.  

First, let’s address this assertion you are making that you think furballers want others to be targets for them.  This tells me a lot about you.  I have learned in life that people often project their own thoughts and motives on others to explain the behavior or actions of that other person.  For example, there are people who do not trust others and think they have a mixed motive even when those others are doing truly pure and selfless acts of kindness.  Invariably, an untrusting person like this is a person that cannot be trusted himself.  Another example is the fact that pure and innocent people are usually the victims of deceitful schemes simply because they do not believe that others can truly be bad enough to scam them.  Taking this same universal principle and applying it to this situation tells me that you are a person that likes things easy.   Because you think furballers want others to be targets for them, you are explaining what you think is the furballer’s motivation from the point of view of your own motivation.  You are wrong, if the furballer just wanted airplanes to fly around in circles while trying to shoot them down, then the furballer would stay in offline mode.  What the furballer enjoys in this game is the challenge of resolving a multiple contact situation and emerge victorious using aerial combat maneuvers and situational awareness.  This is something you obviously don’t understand.  You being the land-grabber, simpleton-type, think everyone wants things simple and therefore you project that on others.  Some of us like things hard.  I hate to say it, but you provided me with a pinhole into your being. You are one who likes it easy.  Here, hopefully this will inspire you…

I wish you war-winners would be more like this guy:

"But why, some say, the moon? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask why climb the highest mountain? Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept…"

Now, related to my statement that changing things is a poor business decision.  You missed the point.  Yes, obviously it would be a good idea to keep the game fresh in an ever-changing marketplace.  But the point is, HTC knows they do not have to waste their resources on doing that.  They know that people will continue to play even though it is the same.  How do they know that?  Because people always have, and they always will.  Why waste time and money doing anything else when the simpletons are happy crashing themselves into radar towers over and over again on the same map?  You get my point?  (That is what is called a rhetorical question.  It is one that doesn’t really need to be answered, just like the one I ended my post with last time…the point of which, you missed.)

You missed my point again with the erector set analogy.  (Note to the gentle reader: I know, isn‘t it shocking he missed the point again?)  The war-winning aspect of the game is not hard at all.  Especially the way it is executed now with 20 times more people than necessary.   If HTC were to make it more difficult then it would be like giving a two-year-old an erector set.  Erector sets are not meant for two-year-olds, they don’t like erector sets and it is not good for them to  play with them because it is dangerous for them.   If they made this game any more complicated the simpletons would not like it.  Just look at how they respond when one simple thing is changed like the NOE elevation.  No, it needs to be easy so they will stay around.  They want things easy.  They need things easy.  HTC knows better than any of us what the players want; they say so all the time.  The fact that it has been unchanged for years when they are the very gods of the game that have the power to change that proves my point.  

So easy it will stay.  And those that like it hard will go…

Best Regards,

SunBat, the BBS answer man

P.S.  I ain't your bro.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2011, 02:43:35 PM »

/facepalm

falcn...i respect u and u know that, but...this is confusing for me. so are you saying that "furballers" should stay out of a fight is there are bases to be defended? are you saying that "base takers" need to be able to take bases WITHOUT resistance? resistance is what makes capturing a field fun! i remember many missions that i, myself had posted and we took many bases. there was little to no resistance and it was a yawn. for many in the mission they were happy that we got the base but for me, i wanted some resistance. i am a "furballer" i am here for the air combat. not everyone plays the same way as i choose to. but you know what...ITS OK! we all pay to play our game the way we want to play it. this debate has been on the boards for many years that i can remember. bomber guys want to bomb, gv'ers wanna gv, base takers wanna take bases and furballers wanna furball. if it wasn't for the gv'ers having a gv fight, there wouldnt be anything for the bomber guys to do, most of them up some buffs just to go bomb gv's. if it wasn't for the bombers doin that, the furballers wouldnt have anyone to shoot at because you know bomber guys come with escorts and we LOVE to shoot down bombers...they are the other white meat after all. all im sayin is there is a chain of effect goin on in this game. we all just need to suck it up, play our game and not let the way others play THEIR game affect our fun! thats only my 2 cents....you are dismissed now :)

:salute
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2011, 03:09:39 PM »

/facepalm

Can't even begin to tell ya how many times I or one of my squaddies has come on 200 and said we're headed this way, at this alt if anyone is looking for a fight.  Once in a while folks respond.  More often then not, no one ups, which seems silly to me.  :)

I understand what you are trying to get at Falc.  But what I'm trying to say is if you are going to run missions, why not run them against people, instead of buildings?  If you are bringing a horde anyway, why would you not want defenders there?   That way I'm participating in your part of the game and you are participating in mine.  How is that a bad thing?  The base takers get better at fighting while taking bases, and I get to spread that many more 38G parts about the AH landscape.

Why does one type of game play have to be separated from another?  And it's not the 'furballers' who are trying to keep it apart.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters