Author Topic: Play quality  (Read 6749 times)

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
Play quality
« on: September 14, 2011, 06:42:38 PM »
How would you compare play quality compared to a couple, 3, 4 years ago? Maybe even longer? I dont mean the game itself, which has improved, or even individual players. Im asking about how the player base now plays the game compared to years ago?
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Play quality
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 06:44:38 PM »
umm there is less players i know that...

its hard for me to tell the skill level or timidness compared to 3-4 years ago, but i do see alot more running lately
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 06:55:49 PM »
I've only been here 2 years 6 months....... but other than the graphics upgrades and new toys, I really don't see anything different now than in March, 2009.

Same game, just a lot of newer names, a lot of the same names, and some old names from time to time.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 06:57:14 PM »
Ppl still. Horde, run, vulch,  troll, whine, and camp
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 07:02:23 PM »
there were more players on the non-us prime time hours.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 07:50:44 PM »
Since 2005, i see a huge diffrence.  Back then people had skills with out HOing.  sigh, sigh.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 08:07:36 PM »
Since 2005, i see a huge diffrence.  Back then people had skills with out HOing.  sigh, sigh.

Skills???

Really??

Without HOing??

Really???

Sigh, sigh.

Oakranger Babbit made a joke.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 08:20:33 PM »
been here since tour 52......been fighting the hoard since day one :old:

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 08:30:01 PM »
Same ole same ole for the last four years.  Unfortunately for my wife it's still as fun as ever! :x
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 08:45:03 PM »
It is what it is.

Enjoy it. :aok

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 08:45:53 PM »
I think somewhere there is a chart with some great math stuff thingy's (insert snailman product here) that expresses perceived play quality in relationship to self improvement.  I think that the longer we play, the more (**generalization) we mature in the game, and the more we have a sense to cry foul.  Game seems the same it always has, except for now I can't drop an entire town with my M4 with the Calliope.  
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 09:30:26 PM »
It's the same thing just with different names/squads.
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 09:54:40 PM »
Next month makes 10 years as a paying subscriber for me (did my 2 weeks in Aug 2001). Many have told me I look at the game through rose colored glasses, or that my memory is faulty, or that I'm burned out. I think they are full of crap   :D

The game hasn't changed other than adding bigger and better things. Considering the size of the company it still amazes me what this group can put out.

The players on the other hand have changed tremendously ! 10 years ago we were all history nuts playing a war simulation game. Today most players are games trying to win the war before they have to go do their homework.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 10:00:34 PM »
Next month makes 10 years as a paying subscriber for me (did my 2 weeks in Aug 2001). Many have told me I look at the game through rose colored glasses, or that my memory is faulty, or that I'm burned out. I think they are full of crap   :D

The game hasn't changed other than adding bigger and better things. Considering the size of the company it still amazes me what this group can put out.

The players on the other hand have changed tremendously ! 10 years ago we were all history nuts playing a war simulation game. Today most players are games trying to win the war before they have to go do their homework.

I can almost guarantee you that most wars are won by the 40 and over. I use to hear kids talk on range before for some reason now I hardly do.  I normally hear the voice of guys well past their 30's.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 10:10:54 PM »
I can almost guarantee you that most wars are won by the 40 and over. I use to hear kids talk on range before for some reason now I hardly do.  I normally hear the voice of guys well past their 30's.

semp

I'm sorry, that might have gone over your head (my aim has always sucked  :D ). What I meant was in the old days we were simmers, today its gamers. 30 and under is the "Nintendo" generation. They were brought up on games and gaming systems. They look at games as having a start, and a finish. To a simmer the game never ends, it's a continuing game that is always in a state of flux that you can jump in and join at any time. Games start a game and do nothing but drive to the finish. Then they buy a new game.