Author Topic: New FSO Idea  (Read 457 times)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
New FSO Idea
« on: September 14, 2011, 04:09:02 PM »
I'll toss this idea out to the FSO community for discussion.  Probably make the CM's go  :bhead.   :D

In order to allow more overall participation, what about 2 individual FSO's each Friday night?  An Early FSO (8PM EST) and the Late FSO (11PM EST).  The same set-up, objectives based on number of registered squads and same arena.   

Each FSO is seperate from the other.  What happens in Early FSO doesn't mean that will happen in Late FSO (battleplans, one side winning, etc.). 

FSO registered squads would choose one FSO or both FSO's to commit to.  For squads registered to both, sometimes they might be Axis for one and Allied for the other or one side for both based on rotation.  It's possible that a registered squad for both might wind up CIC for both Early and Late FSO on occasion.

I'm always good with ideas.  Especially this one which took 5 seconds to think up and several minutes to type up and post.

Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Re: New FSO Idea
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 08:05:46 PM »
Not a bad idea at all with this idea. It caters to both groups that can or can not make one or the other for various reasons. However you are splitting a small pool and in the end only one will survive and probably have smaller numbers than it has right now. You could encourage participation by the early group by making both into mini-frames where the events of the early frame effect the overall outcome and how the later frame proceeds. It would also give players the opportunity to have extra sorties in the "frame" so to speak.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 10:02:46 PM »
We don't have the CM personell to run two FSOs. We also do not have the squad base. As a practical matter im afraid its a no go right now. At some point in the future if we did have a huge # of players, over 500?  that we could not fit into Friday? my guess is that you would see a sat or sun event as well rather than two in one night. Nothing wrong with suggesting it though ideas are always welcome.  
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline bc21

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 10:11:03 PM »
I donnt like the part about one squad Axis in the early frame then Allies in the late frame. Some CiC will get lazy and use the same battel plan for both frames.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 12:33:43 PM »
No.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Viper61

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 09:52:16 AM »
Also you have time zone issues to deal with also.  A earlier event would be nice for those except the west coast guys.

Good question, my vote for what its worth would be to leave it as is.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 02:46:51 PM »
I will not have had nearly enough to drink by 2000 hrs EST on a Friday.

No.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline akbmzawy

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 03:47:32 PM »
I dont drink. YES!

Offline 68Wooley

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 01:24:36 AM »
This would screw the west coast folks. The east coast folks would participate in the early event and then go to bed leaving participation in the late event way down.