Author Topic: Delay for Factories Movement  (Read 712 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Delay for Factories Movement
« on: September 19, 2011, 09:46:24 PM »
After you have taken enough bases, factories for a country will move to the rear and announced. However...would it be more realistic if there was a delay for the moving of the factories?

As of now, once the factories move, they disappear and magically end up behind the lines. Could there be a delay based on the amount of sectors it has to "move"? One sector equals one minute delay.

So based on the map, if the factories are pushed back 10 sectors, there'll be a 10 minute delay before it appears there.

I ask this because just tonight, I was leading a mission to Rook's Strats when the factories suddenly moved back in an instant, right after our country took a base. We were only 2-3 minutes out and the whole mission went kaput (But we did divert to secondary targets, I'm just bummed out because that happened after a 20 minute flight). I think this might come off as a "Oh this happened to me, it's not fair, change it NAOZ!" wish, but when you think about it, it makes sense. Factories don't just magically lift themselves and fly 100+ KM to the back.

P.S. It was still an awesome mission and <S> to the Rooks that tried to intercept us.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
Re: Delay for Factories Movement
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 10:08:57 PM »
Ha, I was that first Pony that flew right down the center just looking for somebody taking a nap

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 12:19:38 AM »
well you did know that taking that base would push the factories back.  delay would only allow for a quick porking before they retreated.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 05:28:30 AM »
Yes, but we're talking just a couple of minutes here. Only way you could pork it is if you were already enroute. It wouldn't allow a raid at all, not unless you somehow coordinate it with the base capture, which again, is almost impossible to pull off at the same time.

Nucks, you win the "I Got Balls" award for flying through that. :P

semp

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 09:46:43 AM »
As of now, once the factories move, they disappear and magically end up behind the lines. Could there be a delay based on the amount of sectors it has to "move"? One sector equals one minute delay.

From the timing I saw, would it have made a difference?  You guys would've still been on your way in when they moved.  A bunch of us were watching you and lining you guys up for a good 5 minutes before the strats moved.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 10:45:54 AM »
how about have truck convoys and trains move the factories over that 15-30 min period...and then we can bomb and strafe them!!!!

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 11:03:13 AM »
Weren't the bombers going on the strats raid part of the same country who took said base that caused the strats to move?

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 02:39:49 PM »
From the timing I saw, would it have made a difference?  You guys would've still been on your way in when they moved.  A bunch of us were watching you and lining you guys up for a good 5 minutes before the strats moved.

Wiley.

Wiley, we were only 2-3 minutes out, we were at 25K, bombs travel a lot further than at 5 or 10K.

Weren't the bombers going on the strats raid part of the same country who took said base that caused the strats to move?

I don't think anyone can control 100+ people at the same time. I didn't expect it at all since half the country was furballing over there and ords/VH was still up.

how about have truck convoys and trains move the factories over that 15-30 min period...and then we can bomb and strafe them!!!!

Hmm, that might make it TOO easy to kill the factories/convoy.

semp

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 03:12:10 PM »
Solution:
Look at the map before you up a strat raid.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 03:37:10 PM »
Wiley, we were only 2-3 minutes out, we were at 25K, bombs travel a lot further than at 5 or 10K.

Right.  But how long did it take you to get up there?  If you'd had 10 minutes warning before they vanished, you would've been what, at about 20k?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline fbEagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 03:49:39 PM »
<Insert witty remark here>

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 04:39:21 PM »
Solution:
Look at the map before you up a strat raid.

Unfortunately, looking at the map can't tell you what will be happening in two or three hours.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 06:54:02 AM »
+1 for a small delay on factory movement. Short enough that a dweeb in a 110 or heavy American bird can't up and run over to it with his skirt lifted to pork for points. Though usually the insane ack is enough to deal with them, AFAIR.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 06:18:47 AM »
Unfortunately, looking at the map can't tell you what will be happening in two or three hours.
So you are telling me in two hours one side is going to take 20 or 30 bases and completely steamroll the line causing the factories to move back?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 07:20:04 AM »
Now wait a minute  :headscratch: It sounds like you are saying the factories disappear from the map and re appear in another location.  I thought that it was just like a base capture, the factories change hands.  :confused:

If I am NOT mistaken, then your bombers do what they usually do after successful advance.  Take their ordinance to the nearest In and Out Burger and pour on the ketchup and french fries.  Or, go bomb another target. (Which to your credit, in your example is what happened).

If I were to ask for a change in the mechanics of the Factories,  I would eliminate the ability to launch heavy bombers from fields that their supply lines have been cut.  Now, we have a war that still allows for the battle to continue but equipment would suffer.  Bombers for the most part fly from deeper bases anyhow, so the dive bombing lanc-stukas might actually become a thing of the past.