Author Topic: LVT's being extremely hard to make land  (Read 400 times)

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
LVT's being extremely hard to make land
« on: September 24, 2011, 12:27:29 AM »
I don't know if it's a terrain bug or what but getting LVT's on shore last night around the southern V bases was extremely difficult. Others had the same problem.

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
Re: LVT's being extremely hard to make land
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 12:34:08 AM »
How would you describe the difficulty? was it slow to get them to move through the water or hard to get them to climb out onto shore?

Offline Edgar

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 01:06:30 AM »
I had the same problem too. The CV was close enough to spawn feet dry and the LVT would roll full speed ahead for a bit. Then it was like it hit an invisible wall. Big Rat and I tried over and over again to get going with no luck. Big Rat finally got his going, but I couldn't get unstuck.

<S>
Edgar
XO
VMF-222 ~Flying Deuces~
http://www.vmf-222.com/

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 01:38:30 AM »
I was wondering why I only saw 1 lvt the whole time <S>  anyway for you boys coming out. Had alot of fun  with the m-16's till yall  brought the  house and shut down the  base couldn't figure out why  you weren't  running troops
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 01:40:35 AM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 09:21:11 AM »
How would you describe the difficulty? was it slow to get them to move through the water or hard to get them to climb out onto shore?

They would get to the shoreline just fine except for the last 10-15 ft.  Then the engine would go back to first gear and forward progress would stop, in fact it was sliding south down the shoreline very slowly.  I think I got around it buy making a run at the shore and cutting the engine before that point, coasting up to the shore.  Then  I would start the engine and put it back into gear.  It was still difficult even trying this.  The sticking point was close enough to land that Edgar's troops would run from that point and not drown.  Hope this helps ya.

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 04:10:53 PM »
Ill bet its the depth transition in the terrain... It may be  drawn to steep
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi