Author Topic: New P-40F!!  (Read 6103 times)

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
Re: New P-40F!!
« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2011, 03:09:17 PM »
Now I want a 410 to make this new allied target look alittle bit better.   :devil
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2011, 04:12:40 PM »
Now I want a 410 to make this new allied target look alittle bit better.   :devil

I think the 410 will make the P40F look a little too much better. :D
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2011, 10:36:16 PM »
I find the P40 E to be the baddest looking bird of all

Its one of the toughest looking birds of WW2. slap a shark mouth on there and you got an intimidating looking bird.

Good Wallpaper,
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: September 27, 2011, 10:45:50 PM »

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2011, 01:30:14 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Good Wallpaper,
A lot more intimidating from that angle.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2011, 01:53:16 PM »
I like this angle  :D

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: October 03, 2011, 09:44:59 PM »
Is there any printed data on climb rates, etc?  The speeds are supposedly higher for the F over the E, but I'm curious if the extra power of the Merlin can over come the extra weight for an improved climb and sustained turn. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: October 04, 2011, 04:53:22 AM »
See Rule #6
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 09:14:10 AM by Skuzzy »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: October 04, 2011, 08:10:03 AM »
See Rule #6
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 09:14:19 AM by Skuzzy »
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: October 04, 2011, 08:56:22 AM »
See Rule #6
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 09:13:58 AM by Skuzzy »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #145 on: October 04, 2011, 05:22:28 PM »

[size=9]Agreed.[/size]   :aok
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2011, 11:58:34 AM »
And, if introduced, MA would see extremely heavy use of clipped/cropped LF.Mk.V. The usage of that thing would be much much higher than the use of YAK-3 for example.

Speculation on the Yak 3's usage should be characterized as just that and not fact.  Coming from a game that had both the clipped wing Spit 5 AND the Yak 3, my personal experience is that the Yak 3 was far and away the more popular aircraft in the main arena.  There are a few other variables to be thrown into the comparison, such as the fact that Fighter Ace had country specific planesets for US, JP, SU, GB, and GE and the maps were divvied up accordingly, but even in FA's "Free For All" room (comparable to AH's DA and a room where u flew what u wanted) the Yak 3 was probably the best all around dogfighter and thusly VERY popular.  Unlimited ammo in FA's FFA room is another variable that would have played into it's popularity.

I'm still in disbelief that AH doesn't have the Yak 3 given it's capability, usage in ww2, and popularity in a game from which more than a few migrated to AH when it closed it's doors.

:salute  Nish 

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #147 on: October 05, 2011, 03:23:54 PM »
Speculation on the Yak 3's usage should be characterized as just that and not fact.  Coming from a game that had both the clipped wing Spit 5 AND the Yak 3, my personal experience is that the Yak 3 was far and away the more popular aircraft in the main arena. 

Well my opinion is formed based on 11 year experince in AH which, unlike Fighter Ace, actually has fairly accurate flight models and actually looking at the real performance data of the Spit in question. LF.Mk.V with cropped impeller was far more than "just a Spit V with clipped wings".
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #148 on: October 05, 2011, 04:43:17 PM »
It sure would be nice to get the P-40L as a option on the P-40F in the hanger.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #149 on: October 05, 2011, 06:10:21 PM »
Well my opinion is formed based on 11 year experince in AH which, unlike Fighter Ace, actually has fairly accurate flight models and actually looking at the real performance data of the Spit in question. LF.Mk.V with cropped impeller was far more than "just a Spit V with clipped wings".

Well I suppose it's very easy to kick a dead horse, but my opinion is based on a 13+ year experience with that game, which in spite of what you have been led to believe... DID, like this game..... attempt to "get it right" with regards to flight models and was subjected to much scrutiny and debate in our forums just as I have witnessed on these forums.  To the victor goes the spoils and I suppose I should expect a certain amount of chest thumping and disdain for, and disrespect towards our dearly departed game, but I submit FA's failure had nothing to do subpar flight modelling and had everything to do with a failure to realize the value of advertising.

I suppose we could debate FA's flight modelling and research till the cows come home, but it still won't change the fact that you presented your opinion as fact when I have seen evidence to the contrary... albeit in a game that the illustrious WMaker deemed unworthy of any valued input.

I only endeavoured to offer up anecdotal evidence from another game which had both planes available (yes the Spit LF.Mk.V) to it's clientele and my observations regarding usage of both of those planes.   A head to head match-up between the two planes specs was NOT the intent.

I will say that I am unaware of the Luftwaffe issuing the same "do not engage" orders for any plane other than the feared Yak 3.

:salute  Nish

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too