Author Topic: X-52 Pro Problem  (Read 505 times)

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
X-52 Pro Problem
« on: September 21, 2011, 06:45:54 PM »
All the buttons on the stick section of my X52 pro randomly quit working.  I was playing about 2 hours ago, and everything works fine, now nothing.  Everything on the throttle works but nothing on the stick.  :headscratch:

Edit:  All the elevator and aileron inputs work, just no buttons.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 06:47:34 PM by branch37 »

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: X-52 Pro Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 07:56:26 PM »
do the buttons respond outside of ah? if not well...  :uhoh
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 07:58:33 PM »
do the buttons respond outside of ah? if not well...  :uhoh

No.  Everything responds except the buttons on the stick itself.  The 3 toggle switches below the stick work fine.  The X and Y axes work fine, just no buttons.

Edit: This X-52 Pro has been nothing but little piss me off problems since I bought the damn thing.

Another Edit: The Mode selector works  :headscratch:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 09:45:24 PM by branch37 »

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 03:02:39 PM »
Make sure the wire connecting the throttle to the stick hasn't backed out or come loose.  These are problematic on the X52 (and I assume the Pro also).  This should be a standard PS/2 cable should you need to replace it.

If the stick itself ends up being the problem you can keep the throttle and replace just the stick.  Many people have upgraded to CH by doing just this.

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 03:58:05 PM »
The cable is fine.  Have another one laying around that came off something else and it still didnt work.  Ive given up on it and ordered a CH Fightersitck and pedals. 

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 01:06:50 AM »
did you get a usb self powered hub?  if you dont, then order one.  sticks use up lots of juice from the mobo and the mobo only has so much it can give.  I bet that's the number one cause of stick death.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 03:37:55 AM »
Branch,

I would take Semp's advice.  I had the same problem.  It seemed to occur at the absolute worst times.  It happened so often that I had the "Chilli fix" down pat (unplug the connector to the stick or throttle and plug back in).

All of the buttons would respond appropriately after reconnected.  Then I took the advice to use the USB hub to connect to the computer and haven't had a single recurrence.  It has been a week.

Good luck sir and let us know how it goes.  I was lucky that I had a couple of hubs sitting around not currently in use. 

Now, Semp, this is the curious thing.  The Hub I am using now, does not have an external power connection.  Still, it has solved my problems.

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 05:42:25 PM »
Ive been using an external hub since I got the X-52.  Ive tried everything I can think of and still nothing.  Ive already got a CH Fighterstick in the mail  :banana:

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.