Author Topic: Worst movie you have ever watched?  (Read 6542 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Worst movie you have ever watched?
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2011, 04:33:34 PM »
Starship troopers followed closely by battlefield earth.

I thought Startship Troopers was awesome.  It had so many excellent parts:  Doogie Howser as an SS officer, the excellent propaganda adds.  It was a hoot!  Nothing like the novel, but that doesn't make it bad.

Battlefield Earth was, I hear, truly horrible, but I didn't see it.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2011, 04:34:20 PM »
don't know about anyone else but i could fill a blockbuster with the worst movies of all time starting with megashark and team america.   :bhead

You didn't like Team America:  World Police?  Yikes, man!

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2011, 04:39:37 PM »
Independence day :old:

:O Independence Day is a classic! One of my all time favorites. You're the first person I ever met who does not like that movie.

The movie Skyline ranks up there amongst the worse I've seen.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2011, 04:47:01 PM »
I thought Startship Troopers was awesome.  It had so many excellent parts:  Doogie Howser as an SS officer, the excellent propaganda adds.  It was a hoot!  Nothing like the novel, but that doesn't make it bad.

I completely agree, and with your next post as well.  I still listen to the Starship Troopers soundtrack frequently, too.  

But any movie that was previously a book is going to have a bunch of vocal haters.  I know people that hated the LotR movies, not because they didn't like elves and swords and fantasy stuff, which I can at least understand if its not your thing, but the opposite: the movies weren't authentic enough for them (i.e. not enough songs, took out that one crazy guy, switched lines of dialog around, etc).  I have a female friend who hates The Music Man because the actual live-action play automatically is better.  I looked it up and the movie (the original one) is about as authentic to the original musical as possible, automatically moreso than any modern musical adaptation.  I seriously just have to roll my eyes at those people.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2011, 04:47:43 PM »
The first 'Transformers' was so bad that I drove back to the store at 3am to give it back and have refused to watch any of the sequels.

It was bad.  I would never watch any of the others, either.  (Not as bad as Cujo, though.)

However -- the "making of" feature on it is pretty interesting.  There is one part that was hilarious (to me, anyway, having grown up near Detroit). I was assuming the various cars being flung around were all computer animation.  But in the making of, they show real cars hooked by cable to hydraulic rams that are flinging them around through the air.  In one part, they are on a city street somewhere with 2-3 story buildings lining the street.  "Action!" -- and, zoom!, a car goes sailing out of the frame about 2 stories up.  "Jeez," say I, "That couldn't have turned out well."  Folks are laughing, and the camera pulls back to show the car embedded in one of the buildings about 2 stories up.  Turns out it was filmed in Detroit (which has many abandonned sections where you could actually do such a thing and not worry about it).

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2011, 04:49:41 PM »
Tried to watch this when it was new, never made it past the first 15 minutes.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2011, 04:52:01 PM »
:O Independence Day is a classic! One of my all time favorites. You're the first person I ever met who does not like that movie.

Now you have met two.  Independence Day is a stinkeroo, just chock full of dopey Hollywoodisms.  (Still, nowhere near as bad as Cujo.)

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2011, 04:53:06 PM »
im suprised nobody said "alvin and the chipmunks"

that movie SUCKED so hard paris hilton said "damn. that sucked." after watching it. :rolleyes:

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2011, 04:54:44 PM »
You didn't like Team America:  World Police?  Yikes, man!
nnnnooooo dude!!! i got suckered into watching it with the promise of a marinated t-bone steak and all the tequila i could drink...the tequila didn't make the movie any better. i'd rather have been subjected to all the highlander movies.

Now you have met two.  Independence Day is a stinkeroo, just chock full of dopey Hollywoodisms.  (Still, nowhere near as bad as Cujo.)
bah, independence day was for geek sci-fi action lovers, i like it. i won't argue about cujo, but it still wasn't as bad as team america.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2011, 04:54:57 PM »
OK, here's another one that apparently a lot of people thought was horrible that I thought was excellent and hilarious:  Land of the Lost (the Will Ferrell one, not the original series, which is craptastic).

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2011, 04:55:49 PM »
OK, here's another one that apparently a lot of people thought was horrible that I thought was excellent and hilarious:  Land of the Lost (the Will Ferrell one, not the original series, which is craptastic).
that movie was hilarious. i cant believe some people thought it was bad, freaking gold right there.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2011, 05:13:01 PM »
nnnnooooo dude!!! i got suckered into watching it with the promise of a marinated t-bone steak and all the tequila i could drink...the tequila didn't make the movie any better. i'd rather have been subjected to all the highlander movies.

You weren't watching it with the correct crowd, I say!   ;) It had so many hilarious parts.

bah, independence day was for geek sci-fi action lovers, i like it. i won't argue about cujo, but it still wasn't as bad as team america.

I am a lover of science fiction.  But good science fiction such as Twelve Monkeys, Babylon 5, Firefly, Farscape, the original Star Wars, The Wrath of Khan, Cowboy Beebop, Gattaca, A Boy and His Dog, Darkstar, Appleseed, Zardoz, Barbarella, A Scanner Darkly, Brazil, City of Lost Children, Dark City, the Sci-Fi Channel's Dune series -- and Starship Troopers.  (There are undoubtedly a bunch I am not recalling off the top of my head.)  I'm not including fantasy, which I also love.

For action science fiction, have you seen Appleseed?  It's got the most-amazing sci-fi military action -- jaw dropping.  I watched it and immediately watched the opening again.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2011, 06:09:56 PM »
Nicholas Cage's movie Kiss of Death was terrible also for a mafia film.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2011, 06:15:47 PM »
The Men Who Stare at Goats?  I loved that movie -- it was hilarious and awesome.

How much did you drink before you watched it? 

:lol
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline allaire

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2011, 06:43:11 PM »
You just committed a faux pas Brooke.  You mentioned anime.  I liked Appleseed but I'm sorry Zardoz had one of the scariest costumes in a movie. :noid
"I drank what?" -Socrates