Author Topic: Churchill Mk III  (Read 302 times)

Offline 1Nicolas

• Copper Member
Churchill Mk III
« on: October 04, 2011, 06:09:26 PM »
How long must I wait for the churchill??  :headscratch: :noid If you guys added 321Bar's request for M18 why cant I get my request for a churchill? Here is info of this Version Of the Infantry Support Vehicle Churchill Mk III:

Churchill Mk III (675)

The III was the first major armament overhaul of the series, eliminating the hull howitzer and equipping the tank with a more powerful 57mm gun (83 Rounds). Unlike early versions, it had a welded turret.
THis tank has really thick armour, Almost as good as a tiger. So plz consider the option of adding the tank.

(My World Of Tank signature)
There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: Churchill Mk III
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 06:31:26 PM »
I like the Churchill, but it is slow.  Very slow at 15mph (max!).   

The 6 pdr or 75mm main gun (if HTC adds it, having both options would be smart, imo), are limited.  The 75mm would be good just as the M4A3/75mm is good, but AP would be better only than the T34/76.  The 6 pdr would be better at AP, but HE on par with the 76mm M1A1 cannon (weakest main gun HE in AH).

This thing would be a slow moving target.  It would have value in scenarios, that is it. 

Now, ask for the Cromwell or the Valentine and you will get some support (at least from me  ;) ).  :aok
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.