Author Topic: FW-190 A-8CLARIFICATION,FIX,DISPUTE  (Read 5062 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: FW-190 A-8CLARIFICATION,FIX,DISPUTE
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 07:56:31 AM »
nvrmind

bunnies a8 is the lightest of them all, he only weights like 2 lbs.  the rest of you should get on a diet so the airplanes weight less.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 09:15:05 AM »
I think we can now draw a safe conclusion for this thread. Due to the information that has been contributed to this thread, we can draw the following conclusions:

1. FW190A8s are an overweight pig that is good for nothing but flying straight and HOing.
2. The FW190A8 should be able to turn and burn with the rest of the planeset, despite having an ugly wing planeform and wing load.
3. All Luftwaffe planes are severely undermodeled because HTC hates the Luftwaffe and the community boasts a heavy bias towards Allied aircraft therefore all Allied planes are automatically better (despite the fact that the Luftwaffe planeset already has the only jets, largest gun loadouts of any plane, fastest mid/low alt bomber, best 109 for climb rates, and just about every other superior classification out there)

These conclusions leave but one glaring issue left to be discussed. If the current German planeset has the best of the best of aircraft available, then is it really the people who fly Luftwaffe planes that suck?
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Timppa

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 09:54:56 AM »
here is the specific page with the weights
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/405468/AH%20Stuff/190a8.pdf

Note the last sentence of the document.
AH A-8 has always had this auxiliary fuel tank.
640 litres, 169 US gallons of internal fuel.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 10:13:44 AM by Timppa »

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 10:04:31 AM »
I think we can now draw a safe conclusion for this thread. Due to the information that has been contributed to this thread, we can draw the following conclusions:

1. FW190A8s are an overweight pig that is good for nothing but flying straight and HOing.
2. The FW190A8 should be able to turn and burn with the rest of the planeset, despite having an ugly wing planeform and wing load.
3. All Luftwaffe planes are severely undermodeled because HTC hates the Luftwaffe and the community boasts a heavy bias towards Allied aircraft therefore all Allied planes are automatically better (despite the fact that the Luftwaffe planeset already has the only jets, largest gun loadouts of any plane, fastest mid/low alt bomber, best 109 for climb rates, and just about every other superior classification out there)

These conclusions leave but one glaring issue left to be discussed. If the current German planeset has the best of the best of aircraft available, then is it really the people who fly Luftwaffe planes that suck?
lol
interseting, why are the arenas full of f4us, spit16s, runstangs? why i cant see a g6?
lol
AoM
City of ice

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2011, 10:17:53 AM »
Note the last sentence of the document.
AH A-8 has always had this auxiliary fuel tank.

That seems to explain all but 25 lbs of difference based on that document...  What does that mean?

lol
interseting, why are the arenas full of f4us, spit16s, runstangs? why i cant see a g6?
lol

Because the F4U is the best looking plane in the game and one of the more versatile (hoverflaps FTW), spixteens are the easiest plane to be competitive with, and the pony is one of the easier planes to survive with in a BnZ profile.  The 109s do very well in the role they were built for.  They are pretty much the best choice to scramble and get to altitude to engage.  Their legs are short compared to a lot of the planeset, which makes them less popular.  That and a relatively anemic gun package make a lot of the allied rides a better choice for most.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2011, 11:23:25 AM »
according to the documents at this link    http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/fw190/fw190a8.html    after july 1944 all fw190a8 would be able to do 359mph at sea level and 405mph at max speed alt,with better climbrate.   and of course all fw190-a8 in the field would be modified to same spec as they were serviced....this should not be ignored,as hitech made a similiar mod to the f4u-1 corsair seperating the early and late production run with the different specs that they had.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 11:32:02 AM »
according to the documents at this link    http://www.wwiiaircraftperformance.org/fw190/fw190a8.html    after july 1944 all fw190a8 would be able to do 359mph at sea level and 405mph at max speed alt,with better climbrate.   and of course all fw190-a8 in the field would be modified to same spec as they were serviced....this should not be ignored,as hitech made a similiar mod to the f4u-1 corsair seperating the early and late production run with the different specs that they had.

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2011, 12:28:23 PM »
You must be reading that on some other boards..........
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2011, 12:39:08 PM »
lol
lol

Quite simple actually. You will have people that will fly Luftwaffe planes from time to time. They realize that when flying these planes, they always lose. This could either be because the pilots themselves suck, or the Luftwaffe planes suck (that is to be debated by the Luftwhiners). Once they reach this realization, they will either graduate to being a Luftwhiner (and complain because HTC is biased and hates German planes), or they will move onto the Allied aircraft where the heavily biased players choose to fly with a lot of success. The Luftwaffe planes will continue to be lesser flown simply because all Luftwaffe planes are nerfed to oblivion and cannot compete with the elite, technologically advanced Allied aircraft.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2011, 12:51:29 PM »
if you take the time to learn the luft and japanese and italian planes, they are very good indeed,perdweeb,debrody,sukov all are excellent in luft planes

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2011, 12:55:55 PM »
...hitech made a similiar mod to the f4u-1 corsair seperating the early and late production run with the different specs that they had.

Two different models of the F4U...  The -1 and -1A.  The thing to remember is that even though the Navy tended to refer to the 1A as a "1", it was a different variant of the aircraft.
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2011, 01:03:27 PM »
Plazus,
I fly a mighty luft ride, you know. Well, every time i jump into an other ride, i feel unbeatable. Yes, including the k4 too. But generally speaking the allied rides a far more easy to fly.
Why?  up an f4u1a, climb to 15k. Your oponent wont be able to run away since you can do 370 on the deck. He wont be able to break and overshoot you, cuz of the wonder-flaps. Plus you can get him from 6-800 out with the 50s.
Not to talk about the spit16 has the best speed/turn ration in the game (by far). Yes, you cen be successful in the k4 or with the dora, if youre a timid tard and will never turn with your opponent. Thats a stupid, boring game and i try to avoid it.
Luft guys have the 262, allied dudes got the tempest. Whats the difference between them? Literally not so much, even more, i found the tempy easyer to fly even tho it requires more concentration and SA.

You wanted to express an opinion. I respect that, just plz dont be an allied Schlowy4. That was my point. Both sides have their ups and downs, be realistic plz.
AoM
City of ice

Offline 4brkfast

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2011, 02:44:36 PM »
The 109 is a fantastic airplane the way it currently is. My point was it isn't right. Despite the allied favor, I'll take my 109G6 vs ANY 51D driver in the game. I'm sure there are others that will too.

The 190 on the other hand is hindered. Watch that youtube video, most of you can just watch it and see, when it's turning with the p47. That sort of move is just not gonna happen in AH2, not without spinning out completely and losing position. It's funny too, of all the 190's that I can see matching that manuever, a flat turn INSIDE a 47 to get guns at beyond 45 degrees is the 190 F.

I don't understand why you wouldn't want a variety of excellent planes and not favor any one side so inaccurately. The M4 is a great example. I watched one take a 85mm round at 1600 yards. Do some research on that, watch videos of what the allied tankers would say. You're dead meat, your tank is burning in seconds. It's certainly allied favored and that completely baffles me. The Ki-84 is another that probably isn't modeled right, despite that, it's still a great plane. I just want more, I suppose, more of everything. Good planes all around. I especially want to see the Ki-84-Ic. Who can resist 2x30mm and 1x45mm for killing b29's?
"Nuts!" - General Anthony Clement McAuliffe's reply to German demands for surrender during the Battle of Bastogne.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2011, 03:09:18 PM »
Quite simple actually. You will have people that will fly Luftwaffe planes from time to time. They realize that when flying these planes, they always lose. This could either be because the pilots themselves suck, or the Luftwaffe planes suck (that is to be debated by the Luftwhiners). Once they reach this realization, they will either graduate to being a Luftwhiner (and complain because HTC is biased and hates German planes), or they will move onto the Allied aircraft where the heavily biased players choose to fly with a lot of success. The Luftwaffe planes will continue to be lesser flown simply because all Luftwaffe planes are nerfed to oblivion and cannot compete with the elite, technologically advanced Allied aircraft.

The fundamental flaw with this argument is that most players don't have success period. Luche had a post awhile ago that stated the avg k/d was .3 or something. Basically you're an allied whiner, whining about 'luft whiners'....

Would you like some 'boxed' whine with your American Cheese?
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2011, 03:17:04 PM »
The 190 on the other hand is hindered. Watch that youtube video, most of you can just watch it and see, when it's turning with the p47.

I'm not asking this rhetorically, but as a serious question.

What about that video indicates that the P47 is being flown to the edge of its flight envelope?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11