Author Topic: CAC Boomerang request thread #1 of 1000  (Read 43095 times)

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
Re: CAC Boomerang request thread #1 of 1000
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2011, 01:56:39 AM »
I understand this whole nation pride thing going on, but why do the rest of us have to suffer so a handful can have their ego boosted by adding the CAC Boomerang?

Exactly why would you suffer?
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2011, 06:31:15 PM »
but why on earth something so useless it shouldn't even be debated?

I seem to recall a lot said along the same lines when the Brewster was announced.

That aside I still would pick the DAP MK21 Beaufighter every time over the Boomerang.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2011, 06:33:59 PM »
Or do Australians just never get a plane in game?

For now I guess we get none.  :cry

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2011, 04:38:40 PM »
Guess we shall just have to listen to the real thing.

http://www.oldcmp.net/Aircraft_sounds.html

Offline MAINER

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2011, 08:57:11 AM »
+1
Are those our bombers?-famous last words

Member of the congregation of The church of David Wales

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2011, 10:29:25 AM »
Guess we shall just have to listen to the real thing.

http://www.oldcmp.net/Aircraft_sounds.html

That flyby sounds awesome.  Some cool pics on that website too.  This one is my new background:

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2011, 06:36:28 AM »
That flyby sounds awesome.  Some cool pics on that website too.  This one is my new background:

(Image removed from quote.)

Me too
Raw Prawns      

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2011, 06:39:57 AM »
Exactly why would you suffer?

Because limited development rescourses would be used to something that isn't really even a footnote in the overall scheme of WWII aireal warfare.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 07:03:02 AM by Wmaker »
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2011, 07:01:54 AM »
Because dlimited evelopment rescourses would be used to something that isn't really even a footnote in the overall scheme of WWII aireal warfare.

But we wouldn't really know we? We never see or hear anything in reality until it appears in a poll, if we're lucky. It could be a side job, that may take years. Dont get me wrong, I have said in the past that it is a low priority, and it continues to be so, however I dont see it making anyone suffer if it were introduced into the game, it may not make footnote status, but it is important in some measure to us antipodean aviation enthusiasts, and after all this is a wishlist. Some wishes never come true. :(
Raw Prawns      

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2011, 08:49:57 AM »
+1
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2011, 10:17:12 AM »
Footnote or not at least they made there own plane. You have a Super plane in the game and there were only what 46? and made by another country.

The Australians more than deserve there Boomerang, they made it.

Finnish Brewster, somewhere in the credits in the back of the book,
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2011, 06:54:53 AM »
Footnote or not at least they made there own plane.

Finland also had a domestically built fighter but for the exact same reasons as I don't see the point of the Boomerang I don't see the point of adding VL Myrsky either.

You have a Super plane in the game and there were only what 46? and made by another country.

Anyone calling Brewster a super plane should have serious look at their tactics in the game. There were 44 B239s delivered which scored almost 500 kills which is almost 500 more than the Boomerang. The country of origin is utterly and totally irrelevant in general. As said, comparing Boomerang and Brewster is totally apples to oranges, if there is some "weird need" to compare it to something that FiAF flew, the Myrsky makes for much more appropriate comparison. And like I also said, there's not much point of adding Myrsky, just like there's not much point in adding Boomerang at this stage of the development of the AH planeset.

The Australians more than deserve there Boomerang, they made it.

Again, implementing planes to AH has very little to do with "deserving" or "who made the planes".

Finnish Brewster, somewhere in the credits in the back of the book,

Hmm...no idea what you mean by this.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2011, 10:13:32 AM »
Finland also had a domestically built fighter but for the exact same reasons as I don't see the point of the Boomerang I don't see the point of adding VL Myrsky either.

Anyone calling Brewster a super plane should have serious look at their tactics in the game. There were 44 B239s delivered which scored almost 500 kills which is almost 500 more than the Boomerang. The country of origin is utterly and totally irrelevant in general. As said, comparing Boomerang and Brewster is totally apples to oranges, if there is some "weird need" to compare it to something that FiAF flew, the Myrsky makes for much more appropriate comparison. And like I also said, there's not much point of adding Myrsky, just like there's not much point in adding Boomerang at this stage of the development of the AH planeset.

Again, implementing planes to AH has very little to do with "deserving" or "who made the planes".

Hmm...no idea what you mean by this.

I dont think the Brewster is a super plane, mater fact I don't think much of it at all.

In Austrailia the Boomerang replaced the real Brewster Buffallo.

In this game its a super plane because of some super facts. I can show you where the RAAF did experiments on the P40 <overreving> that became the norm for most early pilots, does HT model the super facts for the V-1710/39 P-40? NO

Between the myrsky and the Finnish brewster you have just over 1/3 of the Boomerangs made.

I would think that some1 who got his tiny little plane for his country <that wasn't theres> would want for others to get the same for their country <that they made>.

The Boomerang would add to the game and it would most likly add more memberships than the Brewster did  :aok

You just don't want any competition for the Brewster?

If I were the Austrailians I would be out scavaging some super facts for the Boomer.

Just sayin,

Edit: It means to me the Brewster is less than a footnote

BTW you have a record of those 500 kills? I would like to see it
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 10:33:38 AM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2011, 07:37:58 AM »
In this game its a super plane because of some super facts.

Complete nonsense, nor is it a super plane in the game and its flight model isn't based on any "super facts". The performance in game matches Brewster Corp's manufacturers data and specification.

I can show you where the RAAF did experiments on the P40 <overreving> that became the norm for most early pilots, does HT model the super facts for the V-1710/39 P-40? NO

I'm well aware of the overboosting done by the RAAF. HTC usually models the aircraft based on "official" manufacturers or air service's data. HTC's P-40 models match manufacturers data just like the Brewster does.

Between the myrsky and the Finnish brewster you have just over 1/3 of the Boomerangs made.

Hardly surprising given the population/rescources of the given countries. But the fact itself is totally irrelevant.

I would think that some1 who got his tiny little plane for his country <that wasn't theres> would want for others to get the same for their country <that they made>.

Again, totally incoherent and irrelevant.

The Boomerang would add to the game and it would most likly add more memberships than the Brewster did  :aok

Seriously doubt that Brewster had a major impact on subscribtions and very much doubts that Boomerang would have much effect either.

You just don't want any competition for the Brewster?

Competition? In what way? I think there are far more dangerous planes in the game already. :) In fact, given the specs, Boomerang would probably be one of the easiest planes for the Brewster to shoot down in normal LWMA aircombat.

If I were the Austrailians I would be out scavaging some super facts for the Boomer.

:rolleyes:

BTW you have a record of those 500 kills? I would like to see it

They are recorded very accurately in fact but given the way you come across I don't think I'm going to bother to post much regarding them.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2011, 12:39:13 PM »
+1 on Boomerang

Now Cal has a mission ...(Get the Boomerang)
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail