Author Topic: Adjusting pan speed  (Read 362 times)

Offline Josh Echo

• Zinc Member
Adjusting pan speed
« on: October 07, 2011, 04:04:48 PM »
Guys, I've gone through every single option in the in-game GUI and also through all of the configuration files.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to adjust the speed of the pan mode, nor how to get the game to stay in pan mode after I center the camera.  Help?  I don't have TrackIR and snapviews are virtually impossible for me to use effectively.  Pan view would suffice if I could customize it a bit like other flight sims let me do.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Re: Adjusting pan speed
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 04:55:23 PM »
I don't believe the pan view setting's speed can be adjusted.  The game has three view modes that can be controlled from the keyboard or joystick input, snap, pan, instant.

Snap (F7): A set field of view as long as the button is depressed with a very quick panning transition from one view to another as you look around the cockpit.

Pan (F8): Slow panning view that moves continuously in the desired direction as long as the button is depressed.

Instant (F9):  A set field of view as long as the button is depressed with instantaneous transitions from one view to another.

With Snap and Instant view modes you can save the head position of the pilot by using a combination of the arrow keys and the page up/down buttons while holding down the desired numpad view key.  Save with F10.

Better description of the view system can be found here.
http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/views/views.htm

I find the snap setting to be the most effective when I have the views customized for each plane, the transition lets me at least briefly see in the blind spots left by instant views but also get my head around quick enough to cover the sky and keep SA up.

Hope that helps.

*edit*
I should also add that you can use the mouse to control your views as well.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 05:00:47 PM by Soulyss »
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline AKLdButt

• Zinc Member
Re: Adjusting pan speed
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 06:00:17 PM »
I just need two more monitors to the left and right of my current one and then setup the views to be like side mirrors :D