Author Topic: GV Sound Revamp  (Read 1016 times)

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
GV Sound Revamp
« on: October 04, 2011, 05:40:33 PM »
well since all the gv adds and reworks on art it has inspired me to start a major revamp of all vehicles
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: GV Sound Revamp
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 06:45:05 PM »
SCHWEET!  May I suggest a time specific reload sound for each tank?   :aok 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 06:49:56 PM »
SCHWEET!  May I suggest a time specific reload sound for each tank?   :aok 

ill see what i can come up with
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 03:04:31 PM »
heck, it could be the exact same sound for each tank, just timed differently.  About 1 full second to maybe .75 seconds prior to being reloaded, a nice bunch of clangin'-pingin'-bangin' giving an audible cue to the reload is good to have.  I have found a few sounds out there already in some sound packs that do that, but not for all tanks.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 10:21:06 AM »
heck, it could be the exact same sound for each tank, just timed differently.  About 1 full second to maybe .75 seconds prior to being reloaded, a nice bunch of clangin'-pingin'-bangin' giving an audible cue to the reload is good to have.  I have found a few sounds out there already in some sound packs that do that, but not for all tanks.

Not really as you can definately tell the difference between an M-4's tracks and a Tiger's tracks.  Guns definately sound differently between the low velocity 75mm and the high velocity 76mm and the 88mm.

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 11:37:34 AM »
Not really as you can definately tell the difference between an M-4's tracks and a Tiger's tracks.  Guns definately sound differently between the low velocity 75mm and the high velocity 76mm and the 88mm.

All the Best...

Jay

I'm speaking with regards to the sounds of the reloading of the main tank gun.   ;)  Yeah, the sounds might be a tad bit different, but for the purposes of having a time sensitive sound track, they could all be the same for simplicity.  As for the sounds of treads, engines, muzzle blast, etc, of course the sounds should be as different as the tanks were in the real deal.   :)