Author Topic: this week in the AVA--Battle of the Bulge  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: this week in the AVA--Battle of the Bulge
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 10:55:40 PM »
Sitting this one out, hate the terrain with all the cramped fields. I'll cya guys on the next one.

<S>  :salute

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 06:01:25 AM »
Tyrannis,

Can you be more specific about the cramped fields?  That kind of input could be useful in deciding upon maps.  I mean, is there too much ack to do you feel?  Do you have too many options?  Or are the fields so close that you feel there is no time to put up a legitimate defense?

You see, any of those specifics would help in future considerations.  I hate to think of anyone sitting a week out.  However, some have in the past complained of Pacific theater planesets, which last week didn't seem to present any problems.  I am not putting your decision that this is not your cup of tea down.  I am more curious as to what types of things folks like to see in general.  I am also, still hopeful that you will give us a peek, especially if any of the specific issues that you could bring up are addressed.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 06:54:55 AM »
kind of a shame, tyrannis, the battles were pretty intense last night. while the bases are pretty "cramped up", i personally solve this problem, by shutting off radar rings and zooming in. while i do understand how tyrannis feels, the reason to use the map is to encourage close fights and because the bases are close, its only a 5 minutes ride to the nearest base to blow stuff up with a tank. until some of our other maps are put back in the rotation, we are limited on what we can use.

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 06:58:58 AM »
Sitting this one out, hate the terrain with all the cramped fields. I'll cya guys on the next one.

<S>  :salute

Tyrannis..
 is it that you don't know were to start or up from? Is it confusing because the clip maps looks so busy?..

If so What I do is read the MOTD or the orders for the day on the Axis vs allied forum http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,321273.0.html . it will say capture base v119 for instance.. The action will be any bases close to that.. Just zoom way in on your clip map and that will be your area of action.. :aok
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 07:02:00 AM by Nr_RaVeN »
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
Re: Time limit??
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 07:17:03 AM »
Logged in for a bit of fun before the Phila - St. Louis game.  DonJuan and I decided to switch sides.  Fortunately I tried first, and was confronted by a "You can't switch for another 43 minutes" message.  What's up with that?

- oldman

You should have just stayed in the arena...    :furious
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 11:59:55 AM »
Tyrannis,

Can you be more specific about the cramped fields?  That kind of input could be useful in deciding upon maps.  I mean, is there too much ack to do you feel?  Do you have too many options?  Or are the fields so close that you feel there is no time to put up a legitimate defense?

You see, any of those specifics would help in future considerations.  I hate to think of anyone sitting a week out.  However, some have in the past complained of Pacific theater planesets, which last week didn't seem to present any problems.  I am not putting your decision that this is not your cup of tea down.  I am more curious as to what types of things folks like to see in general.  I am also, still hopeful that you will give us a peek, especially if any of the specific issues that you could bring up are addressed.
oh its not any of those. the actual scenario seems cool. Its just i dont like how cramped and smashed the fields are together. its just hard for me to find the field im looking for with all the numbers scrunched up together like that. i had trouble even finding the V base we had to capture for an extra plane  :lol

kind of a shame, tyrannis, the battles were pretty intense last night. while the bases are pretty "cramped up", i personally solve this problem, by shutting off radar rings and zooming in. while i do understand how tyrannis feels, the reason to use the map is to encourage close fights and because the bases are close, its only a 5 minutes ride to the nearest base to blow stuff up with a tank. until some of our other maps are put back in the rotation, we are limited on what we can use.
sorry for the noob question, but how DO you zoom into the map? that could solve my problem right there. ive hit the zoom button ON the clipboard, but all it does is make the clipboard iself zoom in. not the actual map on it.  :salute

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2011, 12:02:15 PM »
You know you can turn the field numbers off, too?

The .move command works wonderfully.

I believe it is the insert/delete keys that zoom the map (I have it mapped to stick)
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2011, 12:32:52 PM »
i believe the insert and delete keys zoom the map on the clipboard.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2011, 01:01:23 PM »
you can also right click on the + or - on the clipboard to zoom the map.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 03:07:05 PM »
oh its not any of those. the actual scenario seems cool. Its just i dont like how cramped and smashed the fields are together. its just hard for me to find the field im looking for with all the numbers scrunched up together like that. i had trouble even finding the V base we had to capture for an extra plane  :lol

sorry for the noob question, but how DO you zoom into the map? that could solve my problem right there. ive hit the zoom button ON the clipboard, but all it does is make the clipboard iself zoom in. not the actual map on it.  :salute

Now see, we are getting somewhere.  I have that problem also in locating fields and on some maps the numbering does not seem to have any logical pattern that I can follow.  I have been known to turn everything off on my map except for field numbers to clear things up, but definitely zoom helps, as I noticed on Twinrivr map the river bases connected by bridges are so close you cannot read them until completely zoomed almost.  Another thing that would help on the setup side is if we included sector locations.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2011, 12:40:34 PM »
I have that problem also in locating fields and on some maps the numbering does not seem to have any logical pattern that I can follow.

The default base numbering is based on the order in which they're added to the terrain.  I believe it can be changed during construction, but it's a lot of work, so they are left as whatever they are when added.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2011, 09:08:30 AM »
last day free-for all! I've enabled ME262 and Tempests at all respective Air bases

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2011, 11:34:34 AM »
Way to go, Jaeger!   :aok. That's has potential for some great fights.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2011, 08:32:35 PM »
lol sure did 262's vulchin, first 3 sorties vulched before wheels up in all 262's deck level. that's all i'll say on that.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline lukedog

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2011, 10:18:22 PM »
ya great fight...... dead on runway!!!!!! move back and then ya get hoed buy a 262 nice fight
"NEKKED AVENGERS"   A.K.A. "Wheaties"