Author Topic: Will be looking for a 109G2 squad, once this starts  (Read 2198 times)

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
Re: Will be looking for a 109G2 squad, once this starts
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 11:43:10 PM »
Registration sent, looking forward to G2's of doom.  I'm practicing every night in it :aok

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 06:41:33 PM »
Flying with JG11 is an E ticket ride.  :O

This reference for the rest of you who may not have gotten it (English is my second language so - I look up things I don't know o more importantly I think I may know but make no sense) is:

The phrase E ticket (or E ticket ride) refers to an unusually interesting, thrilling or expensive experience. It derives from the admission ticket system used at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom theme parks before 1982, in which the E ticket (officially termed "E coupon") admitted the bearer to the newest, most advanced, and/or most popular rides and attractions.

how many of you thought it was electronic ticket?

anyway o7
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 06:43:33 PM by Ruah »

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 07:02:51 PM »
This reference for the rest of you who may not have gotten it (English is my second language so - I look up things I don't know o more importantly I think I may know but make no sense) is:

The phrase E ticket (or E ticket ride) refers to an unusually interesting, thrilling or expensive experience. It derives from the admission ticket system used at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom theme parks before 1982, in which the E ticket (officially termed "E coupon") admitted the bearer to the newest, most advanced, and/or most popular rides and attractions.

how many of you thought it was electronic ticket?

anyway o7

Sorry Ruah, and all those from other lands. I keep forgetting that AH is truly a global game.  :cheers:
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 05:38:36 PM »
Sorry Ruah, and all those from other lands. I keep forgetting that AH is truly a global game.  :cheers:

oh no, nothing at all to be sorry about - I actually need people that use these kinds of words so that i can learn and use them.  i think you will find that most native language speakers would not know this word either - and - even today when I used the term around some Americans (a very nice car passed <Lotus Exige> and I said - wow that is an e ticket ride!') they all looked at me and asked if it was a British word.

so please, keep using the language, and I will keep learning it.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 07:31:56 PM »
LOL Ruah, I guess my age is starting to show when my fellow countrymen don't even know the phrase.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 07:54:14 PM »
LOL Ruah, I guess my age is starting to show when my fellow countrymen don't even know the phrase.

It's appropriate to WWII timeframe, though. :)