Author Topic: Help with my controller  (Read 230 times)

Offline hawkeyeluke13

• Zinc Member
Help with my controller
« on: October 16, 2011, 07:48:50 PM »
 my plane keeps using its rudders when I pull up on joystick, ok i know this sounds weird but everytime I pull up on my X52 Pro my rudder goes hard left , how do you fix this. is this a trim problem or another problem

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Help with my controller
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 08:19:56 PM »
 sit on a runway and open clipboaed map,best to do offline or in the TA so you dont get shot!  goto controls,mapcontrols and make sure you joystick is selected. Now pull on the X52 to induce this effect,while doing it look at the "yaw" axis{Zrotation I think},when you pull do the numbers in the yaw axis change?

If they do select that axis and check advanced box to open scalling window. Ok now move the deadpan slider up,test, then if needed at more deapan until the numbers no longer change. If you have to slide deadpan all the way to top,you may need to enable scalling and move the sliders around until the you stop the unwanted inputs. Work from left to right and move the slides down,you might want to move the deadpan slider down to midway if you have to resort to scalling.

Hope this helps,I know the only issue I had with my X52 was the rudder axis,this uses a potentiometer and they can go bad,I solved my problem with a set of rudder pedals and disabled the twist action. Saitek has a supposed "fix" that you can try,look for it on their site,didnt help me but it might help you.

try what I told you out and plz report back if you fix the problem or not!

:salute

PS: I hope your using a powered USB hub to power the X52,if not this could also be part of the problem.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
Re: Help with my controller
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 09:13:39 PM »
If your using pedals for rudder, make sure you've locked the x52 handle in place (there's a plastic part on it to pull out iirc). If your not, dont twist the stick when pulling back etc.

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.