Author Topic: TrackIR and locked gunsight view (toggle zoom)  (Read 548 times)

Offline jokeri

• Gold Member
TrackIR and locked gunsight view (toggle zoom)
« on: October 13, 2011, 04:33:53 AM »
I have so used to other sims locked gunsight view (whem I zoom my head won't move with TrackIR). So I tried to do something with the AH2 keymapper, but failed to achieve that kind of result I wanted. Can someone instruct or give a link to instructions to do so?
Member of Vaasan Vaakalentäjät
"Turn to kill, not to engage"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: TrackIR and locked gunsight view (toggle zoom)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 04:54:42 AM »
I just use a deadzone for TrackIR so that it's easier to stay centered in the forward view. You could set a button to toggle TIR on/off.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 10:38:38 AM »
If you still have views mapped to a hat switch, they will override TIR while pushing them. Use the "look forward" hat switch when you want your view to steady for aiming. TIR will still move your head a little, but it essentially is disabled enough to get what you want without having to hit your hotkey to suspend TIR.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 10:44:47 AM »
If you still have views mapped to a hat switch, they will override TIR while pushing them. Use the "look forward" hat switch when you want your view to steady for aiming. TIR will still move your head a little, but it essentially is disabled enough to get what you want without having to hit your hotkey to suspend TIR.

Good tip. Note that normally the default hat forward is the forward/up view but you can map the hat to be a forward view.