Author Topic: 2 problems with panzer IV F/p40e  (Read 512 times)

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
2 problems with panzer IV F/p40e
« on: October 14, 2011, 11:44:43 AM »
first off yes i did the patches

getting turreted....yesterday i watched a freind in a panzer IV get turreted and start puffing thick black smoke...to his/my surprise he could still shoot believe he was turreted by a t34 if thats any help idk what actaully shot him as i was inb but i got there in time to see him smoking and shooting(havent been able to replicate it)

turret animation is also off as me and a freind found out last night we were both climbing a hilli had my gun facing down the hill to shoot anyone who tryed to follow us and he said he could not see my turret move it was facing foward his was the same he shot to the side but his turret never moved so you can never tell which way its gun is facing...(at leaste if its moving)

i dont know if you guys changed the p40e intentionaly. 
but... its combat flaps do not deploy at proper speeds its first of 5 notches of flaps deploy at about 140mph(landing speeds) as to where it used to be about 410mph max to deploy them again idk if its a change or been mentioned but figured id make sure..also the p40Es wep does not work either

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: 2 problems with panzer IV F/p40e
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 12:41:40 PM »
i dont know if you guys changed the p40e intentionaly. 
but... its combat flaps do not deploy at proper speeds its first of 5 notches of flaps deploy at about 140mph(landing speeds) as to where it used to be about 410mph max to deploy them again idk if its a change or been mentioned but figured id make sure..also the p40Es wep does not work either
how do you know what the "proper" flap deployment speeds are for the 40?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 06:03:01 PM »
thats what they were at before? they are combat flaps that deploy at high speeds like p51/p47s i dont know the actual speed id have to look that up but before the patch you could deploy them at around 400mph at least the first notch...so i dont know..

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 06:17:41 PM »
First notch of the P-40's flaps should be 140mph and the P-40C and E do not have WEP.  The 410mph was probably a typo in the old model, note that the digits are the same.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 01:03:17 AM »
thats what they were at before? they are combat flaps that deploy at high speeds like p51/p47s i dont know the actual speed id have to look that up but before the patch you could deploy them at around 400mph at least the first notch...so i dont know..
you assumed the speeds were correct before. neither of the p-40 manuals i have show maneuving flaps to be an option on the p-40.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 06:33:00 AM »
From V2.26 update notes: "Completely revised P-40 flight modeling from the ground up." 
Improving a flight model for accuracy does not always mean an improvement from the pilot's perspective. The rear view in the F6F comes to mind :cry
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 12:37:00 PM »
you assumed the speeds were correct before. neither of the p-40 manuals i have show maneuving flaps to be an option on the p-40.

well yeah obviously everything in life is an asumption unless you know for a fact but having flaps deploy at 400+ when they are not ment to and having wep on a plane that supposedly didint have wep imo seems like a big mistake..it would be like giving a zero armor of a f6f or a 4k lb bomb so there must have been a reasoning as to why it was there....at leaste id asume...

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 12:38:49 PM »
From V2.26 update notes: "Completely revised P-40 flight modeling from the ground up." 
Improving a flight model for accuracy does not always mean an improvement from the pilot's perspective. The rear view in the F6F comes to mind :cry

exactly which is why i dont know if it was intentional if it was thats all well and good but if it wasent its now brought up and they can look into it