Author Topic: Walking Dead season 2  (Read 5982 times)

Offline 2ADoc

• Nickel Member
Re: Walking Dead season 2
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 07:18:34 AM »
Thanks Drediock, I resemble that remark, about rednecks turning it into a trophy sport.  Didn't the Mayans say something about the world ending something in the near future?  Bring on the Zombies :cheers: :airplane: :D
Takeoffs are optional, landings aren't
Vini Vedi Velcro
See Rule 4, 13, 14.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2011, 07:29:28 AM »
Did you know that during times of war the birth rate tends to go up.
Sex makes perfect sense as instincts take over for survival of the species.
Given the circumstances. Im surprised there isnt more of it
did you know the show isn't a reality series?  :neener:  a television series can be successful without it. it's only the people who sit around in the dark with a box of tissue or a sock that want to see sex scenes, and they don't care if it's soft core or hard core, they aren't really interested in the rest of the show. of course as crappy as the writing and the plot is, sex could be the only thing that keeps it on the air.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2011, 04:05:40 PM »
Actually hiding made sense.
Like i said "bang bang" attracts em Alot were there in the immediate area (over 150 according to the talk show afterwards) and who knows how many more it might have brought had they started shooting or how much ammo they have left.

With all the dead soldiers back at the CDC, ammo should be the least of their problems. With all the cars and fuel on the highway that should not be a problem. That their lookout, the old dude can let a mob of zombies get within 200ft of them when on the highway where vis looked to be close to a mile..thats a problem.

Its shortcut writing. Its going to have to do a little more with the storyline than to pop a few dead melons to keep me interested.

~AoM~

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2011, 04:10:15 PM »
   With all the dead soldiers back at the CDC, ammo should be the least of their problems. With all the cars and fuel on the highway that should not be a problem. That their lookout, the old dude can let a mob of zombies get within 200ft of them when on the highway where vis looked to be close to a mile..thats a problem.

Its shortcut writing. Its going to have to do a little more with the storyline than to pop a few dead melons to keep me interested.

thats one of the things that bothered me..good look out man :rolleyes:

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 04:13:13 PM »
   With all the dead soldiers back at the CDC, ammo should be the least of their problems.

Exactly!  Why didn't they grab the Ma Dueces off of the tanks at least?  Don't need to be quiet if you can mow down the whole zombie herd! 

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 06:58:08 PM »
Why walkers arent just eaten.
Im guessing the ones that got eaten were swarmed or died on the spot preventing escape. If you get bitten by something. Are you going to just stand there or try to get away? The walkers are the ones that got away Also could be liek sharks. Bite on instinct and only actually feed when hungry.

Errr  is the 'eating' flesh' part of the zombie behaviour, I thought they bit to infect (ie the virus driving things).

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 08:18:54 PM »
Errr  is the 'eating' flesh' part of the zombie behaviour, I thought they bit to infect (ie the virus driving things).

They were definitely eating the horse in episode 1.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2011, 10:15:31 PM »
 After they did the post mortem on the dude in the woods, and seeing hus black guts,  I wondered do their organs even work to digest stuff? One would think if you waited out the problem in a few months of them wandering unsheltered in the elements they'd eventually breakdown and the problem would be over.

~AoM~

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 11:19:46 AM »
After they did the post mortem on the dude in the woods, and seeing hus black guts,  I wondered do their organs even work to digest stuff? One would think if you waited out the problem in a few months of them wandering unsheltered in the elements they'd eventually breakdown and the problem would be over.

Yeah that is one of the contradictions there. The zombies die then after death are re animated by the virus that killed them but the body is still dead. WTH?? It seems that the virus would be just something to reduce upper brain function and leave the rest of the body alive to process and maintain "life". In this case they are still dead the body deteriorating but still feeding? It doesn't make sense in that context. If they had gone with the old eating brains plot it would be more like the classic zombie story.

To me it seems the folks should be heading up North. Get into cold country where the zombies freeze.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 12:30:18 PM »
To me it seems the folks should be heading up North. Get into cold country where the zombies freeze.

Or even go to the tropic zones where it's hot and humid and the zombies will rot faster!  They can't bite you if they can't catch you because their arms and legs have fallen off!

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2011, 12:55:20 PM »
Yeah that is one of the contradictions there. The zombies die then after death are re animated by the virus that killed them but the body is still dead. WTH?? It seems that the virus would be just something to reduce upper brain function and leave the rest of the body alive to process and maintain "life". In this case they are still dead the body deteriorating but still feeding? It doesn't make sense in that context. If they had gone with the old eating brains plot it would be more like the classic zombie story.

I believe that is basic human instincts taking over. Even tho your body is dead, the virus controls your body. and it controls your body through your mind. Therefore the virus keeps your mind alive. tho barely. The eating of flesh is most likely the brain going into a primal state due to the virus. Eat,Sleep, Reproduce. Zombies do not require sleep, due to the body being dead. and the virus controlling it. Zombies cannot reproduce because..well, they are dead. The last thing instinct CAN do however, is eat. The virus merely turns us into the animals we once were before we evolved. except now we're undead.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2011, 01:15:23 PM »
All this zombie analysis makes we wonder, has anyone here read World War Z?

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2011, 01:45:07 PM »
I believe that is basic human instincts taking over. Even tho your body is dead, the virus controls your body. and it controls your body through your mind. Therefore the virus keeps your mind alive. tho barely. The eating of flesh is most likely the brain going into a primal state due to the virus. Eat,Sleep, Reproduce. Zombies do not require sleep, due to the body being dead. and the virus controlling it. Zombies cannot reproduce because..well, they are dead. The last thing instinct CAN do however, is eat. The virus merely turns us into the animals we once were before we evolved. except now we're undead.
you're talking as if zombies actually exist...repeat the following until it sinks in - "zombies are like the easter bunny, they don't exist"

someone turn the lights back on, tyrannis is getting delusional...
jarhed  

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2011, 02:19:47 PM »
you're talking as if zombies actually exist...repeat the following until it sinks in - "zombies are like the easter bunny, they don't exist"

someone turn the lights back on, tyrannis is getting delusional...
did i say zombies were real? no i did not. But who's to say they didn't add a bit of realism into their zombies when making them? isent the basic instinct of the human mind to eat,sleep,and reproduce?

Now, if you wanted your zombies to look BELIEVABLE, wouldn't you want an explanation as to why they do what they do? It just adds to them. the basic analogy of the "zombie".

Rob Zombie had his zombies following instinct at the beginning, but as they continued their existence as zombies, their minds began to slowly regain its memory. Which caused the zombies to mindlessly go about their jobs as if they were normal people. One zombie was even intelligent enough to learn how to use a gun.

Another zombie saved a human girl from being eaten, because he had a crush on her while he was still human. His mind still remembered her.

Dead nations zombies followed the instinct pattern aswell, except they had it where Zombie organs did not function. and because of this, if a zombie continued to eat, it would grow bloated, and overweight, eventually imploding.

you didnt think before you posted gyrene, even tho they are not physically real, does not mean they don't have a reason behind their motives. Characters in video games are not real, yet they have reasons for what they do on the game, can zombies not have a reason for their actions aswell?

And before you say that a zombie virus is impossable....
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/10/1001027-rabies-influenza-zombie-virus-science/

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2011, 02:56:31 PM »
did i say zombies were real? no i did not. But who's to say they didn't add a bit of realism into their zombies when making them? isent the basic instinct of the human mind to eat,sleep,and reproduce?

Now, if you wanted your zombies to look BELIEVABLE, wouldn't you want an explanation as to why they do what they do? It just adds to them. the basic analogy of the "zombie".

Rob Zombie had his zombies following instinct at the beginning, but as they continued their existence as zombies, their minds began to slowly regain its memory. Which caused the zombies to mindlessly go about their jobs as if they were normal people. One zombie was even intelligent enough to learn how to use a gun.

Another zombie saved a human girl from being eaten, because he had a crush on her while he was still human. His mind still remembered her.

Dead nations zombies followed the instinct pattern aswell, except they had it where Zombie organs did not function. and because of this, if a zombie continued to eat, it would grow bloated, and overweight, eventually imploding.

you didnt think before you posted gyrene, even tho they are not physically real, does not mean they don't have a reason behind their motives. Characters in video games are not real, yet they have reasons for what they do on the game, can zombies not have a reason for their actions aswell?

And before you say that a zombie virus is impossable....
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/10/1001027-rabies-influenza-zombie-virus-science/

ok, let me catch my breath here...

I believe that is basic human instincts taking over. Even tho your body is dead, the virus controls your body. and it controls your body through your mind. Therefore the virus keeps your mind alive. tho barely.
it's a make believe virus that does not and has not existed in human history. you should have read that national geographic article better, it's not about reanimating dead humans, the conjecture is that a mutated rabies virus combined with a flu virus could produce a highly infectious airborne "rage virus" that would eventually lead to death. just like in the movie 28 days later.

virus merely turns us into the animals we once were before we evolved. except now we're undead.
who is the "we" you keep referring to? if you believe in the evolutionary theory, our ape like ancestors were herbivorous...not carnivores. so what stage of evolution would a make believe virus put the human brain in?

enlighten me einstein, how does something that is expanding from the inside out implode?

when dealing with something that is imaginary, what rules or guidelines define "believable behavior"?
jarhed