Author Topic: Host Connection Lost  (Read 994 times)

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Re: Host Connection Lost
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 02:25:19 PM »
My dad had AT&T uverse and had all kinds of problems with download speeds.  Speed tests were O.K. but even SD videos from youtube or whatever would stutter like crazy.  He'd have to pause it to let it load for a minute or two before being able to play it smoothly.

Pingplotter showed various points of lost packets in AT&T's networks and I fought with their support for quite a while which yielded no results.  He actually had to make me give up the fight because he didn't want to "stir the pot".

Recently he switched to Charter internet and has had flawless internet ever since.

I live only 20 miles away and use AT&T uverse with no issues whatsoever.  I'm not necessarily happy with my download speeds but that is due to my being cheap.. I'm getting the speeds I'm supposed to get so I can't complain.  I get no dropped packets and almost never lose connection with Aces High.

For whatever reason I get routed through different paths than my dad used to.. maybe it's because I also get TV service through uverse.. or it may be due to physical location.  Who knows?

You can fight with their customer support for hours and have a small chance of it getting pushed up.. but more than likely you'll just be wasting your time.  You'll have much better luck signing up for a free dslreports.com account and posting your problems in their direct support forums.  Techs from various ISPs hang out there and can get you service that you wouldn't be able to get over the phone.

Offline Tazz69

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 10:24:19 PM »
I have Rogers/Shaw cable internet, which really sucks, my connection was fine 2 weeks ago, but it's so bad now that I can't be in the main arena for more than a minute or two before I get a UDP lost switch to TCP error. I'm done at the end of the month, going to delete my account because who wants to pay for something they can't use, right? It just plain sucks, because after 3 years of playing faithfully every day, now I can't.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 10:26:46 PM »
Conversely, you could run Pingplotter, get some advice from the people here (Skuzzy etc) and go pound the ears of your ISP if its proved to be their end.

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2011, 12:13:14 AM »
And another PingPlotter from right when I got kicked from Main Arena yet again:
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 05:38:29 AM »
doright, that packet loss is at a gateway between AT&T and GBLX.  I'll have to check to see who has responsiblity for it, but you need to file a complaint with your ISP as well.

One thing to remember.  With most ISP's, they have revised end user contracts which only holds them responsible for the 'last mile', which is the direct connection between you and them.  Beyond that, they have no responsibility to provide any type of quality service.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011, 06:53:29 AM »
I have AT&T Uverse also and I'm curious what package folks have. Cox Cable last year sent a letter to me stating "they would no longer be servicing my neighborhood". No explaination, no reason why, just no longer servicing us. At the time, I did my research and found that the Uverse top package at 12mbps was only $20 more than Cox.

I get approx. 3x the cable channels and about 4x the download speed. The only issues I've had is when there are outside problems with the service at the box that comes into my area and my gateway re-boots. Usually takes about 5-7 minutes. I consistently show an ingame ping rate of between 40 -70 from Baton Rouge to HTC.

Don't know if this is helpful, but it might be something to look at.     :salute
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 07:44:07 AM »
I have Rogers/Shaw cable internet, which really sucks, my connection was fine 2 weeks ago, but it's so bad now that I can't be in the main arena for more than a minute or two before I get a UDP lost switch to TCP error. I'm done at the end of the month, going to delete my account because who wants to pay for something they can't use, right? It just plain sucks, because after 3 years of playing faithfully every day, now I can't.

Tazz, another option might be to switch ISP. With a new internet service you might get.a better.connection and less errors.

Offline Tazz69

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 05:28:20 PM »

Offline Tazz69

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2011, 02:24:41 PM »
Something else i just figured out to was that I can't be in the Main/Late war arena,WW1 arena, or the training arena because of the host connection lost error. But I can get into the other arenas and don't have any problems in those, example: Dueling arena, in which i played for over 1 hour with no troubles. So why is this only happening in the Main/WW1/Training arenas and no trouble with the others? The Main arena is where I spend 99% of my time too, it wouldn't be a big problem if i lost connection to the others, LOL  Thanks.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2011, 03:22:35 PM »
Something else i just figured out to was that I can't be in the Main/Late war arena,WW1 arena, or the training arena because of the host connection lost error. But I can get into the other arenas and don't have any problems in those, example: Dueling arena, in which i played for over 1 hour with no troubles. So why is this only happening in the Main/WW1/Training arenas and no trouble with the others? The Main arena is where I spend 99% of my time too, it wouldn't be a big problem if i lost connection to the others, LOL  Thanks.

From Skuzzy's post in the Tech Support forum, it looks like it's the IP address shared by the arenas that you have issues with. Someplace to start digging deeper...
First, the server IP addresses, to be used for traces/ping plots.

Axis vs Allies, Dueling, Early, Mid: 206.16.60.39
All WW1 Dogfight Arenas, Training, Late War: 206.16.60.41
Special Events: 206.16.60.38
Custom Arenas: 96.226.224.166

The current port range for all arenas in Aces High is 2000-7000, inclusive, for UDP and TCP.  Aces High will use a random subset of those ports for all online play.

The custom arenas currently use 4000 through 5000 for the port range, however, that can change.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Tazz69

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2011, 04:45:03 PM »
Yeah, you're right IMADOT, it's only with IP address 206.16.60.41. All other IP's ran good when I ran Ping Plotter. Strange I think. I give up. LOL