Author Topic: red orchestra 2 - heroes of stalingrad  (Read 338 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
red orchestra 2 - heroes of stalingrad
« on: October 25, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »
anyone playing it yet?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Nisky

• Copper Member
Re: red orchestra 2 - heroes of stalingrad
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 03:10:30 PM »
I've been playing it since beta it is super realistic it takes the original to the extreme. New things like a cover system and blindfire. Although the tanking side of the game IMO has fallin a couple of notches from the original. They did add a cool bit tho, say you lose your gunner you have to manually move driver from his station to to the gunner seat so it does have that. The maps vary from large to small with my longest killshot being 275m. All in all the game is awesome and will only get better when new mods come out.
just talk about random stuff but please stay on topic

Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 03:14:03 PM »
No, but I was a huge fan back when it was a free mod for UT and had only begun competing in that game's online developer competion for their own unlimited retail license of the UT engine.  Was stoked that they won it, picked up a copy for myself when it finally released on retail and played for a few months again, and will likely do the same for this.... so, what's new in it!?  Still using their originaly awarded UT engine behind it?

I've been playing it since beta it is super realistic it takes the original to the extreme. New things like a cover system and blindfire. Although the tanking side of the game IMO has fallin a couple of notches from the original. They did add a cool bit tho, say you lose your gunner you have to manually move driver from his station to to the gunner seat so it does have that. The maps vary from large to small with my longest killshot being 275m. All in all the game is awesome and will only get better when new mods come out.

Awesome.  When does it go retail?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 03:16:30 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 03:19:46 PM »
it's out now...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Red+Orchestra+2%3A+Heroes+of+Stalingrad+-+Windows/2708319.p?id=1218345949140&skuId=2708319&st=red orchestra heroes of stalingrad&lp=1&cp=1

from what nisky said, i'm seriously considering jumping for a copy...really stoked about the level of realism they put in it.
jarhed  

Offline Nisky

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 03:22:40 PM »
It's out now on steam.

The only thing they took away that disappointed me was getting the gun shot out of your hands.

It's seriously one or two hits and your dead or bleeding out. Most of the time it's single shot kills.
just talk about random stuff but please stay on topic

Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 03:30:28 PM »
It's out now on steam.

The only thing they took away that disappointed me was getting the gun shot out of your hands.

It's seriously one or two hits and your dead or bleeding out. Most of the time it's single shot kills.
no, gonna do the hard copy...i'm a grouchy old man and steam bugs me.

i guess i'm gonna have to step up the purchase of that 32 inch monitor and tune my gaming mouse...1 shot kills  :D  awesome.
jarhed  

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 04:34:23 PM »
it's out now...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Red+Orchestra+2%3A+Heroes+of+Stalingrad+-+Windows/2708319.p?id=1218345949140&skuId=2708319&st=red orchestra heroes of stalingrad&lp=1&cp=1

from what nisky said, i'm seriously considering jumping for a copy...really stoked about the level of realism they put in it.

Honestly, there is no cent illspent with that company.  I will pick it up going into the new release blind.  They're rated equal if not a dash higher than HTC as a company in my opinion.  They formed as a group of friend and online aquantances doing a mod/addon for Unreal Tournament 2000 (I think, and they moved to it so they originaly started somewhere else and moved to UT and rewrote everything they had done up to then).  They made Red Orchestra as a passion in their free time.  Then UT had a competition, I think one of the best ever, where they offered for as the grand prize a free unlimited retail release of their game engine to the winner (you could then burn your creation that runs on their game engine onto CDs and sell them for $ like a real published game and not pay them for utilising their property as they awarded it to you with an unlimited copywright license - to the hobby mod/addon developer with a product good enough and worth the money paid = the lottery).  They're a bunch of guys that worked hard on what they loved for free, won the grand prize, got a foothold and now have an income from what they loved working on.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 04:49:49 PM »
I've been playing since the beta as well. I LOVE this game, just not too much fun to play alone.

My steam is maddog4u31757 if you guys ever wanna game it up.

:salute
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 05:34:24 PM »
Been playing since beta here too ..
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 03:41:03 AM »
Playing since Beta and love the bolt actions.. I just wish they would do something with the tanks. There is only 1 real tank battle map and the few others that you can use tanks, they just end up being an annoyance with the aimbot deadly accurate AI hull gunner.
"strafing"

Offline MrMeanie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 06:10:29 AM »
The game is OK, On release it had a lot of bug's, I have not gotten the chance to update it and see if they fixed it.
71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 09:50:58 AM »
Yeah Tank's need work but still cool like it is . If you find the right spot to hide and I like playing when there is two in the tank .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!