Author Topic: X52 Button Problem  (Read 819 times)

Offline Fender16

• Copper Member
X52 Button Problem
« on: October 27, 2011, 03:12:36 PM »
I've been having no luck getting some of the buttons on my X52 to work in game.
The slider on the throttle (not the actual throttle but the little slider where your thumb rests) isn't being detected in game but does register when I use the Saitek program thing. Other things that don't work are the i button, small mouse stick on the throttle, the 2 wheels, and the button just below the mouse stick.
AH will not detect any of their actions. When I press the i button ingame, it blinks really fast but isn't registering that I am actually pushing it.
I did a brief search and didn't find any helpful topics on the matter so if there is one a link would be nice. Or just an explanation on how to resolve this issue.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: X52 Button Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 04:25:30 PM »
There are some things Saitek does not map through DirectX and can only be used in conjunction with the Saitek software.  The little stick, the button next to the little stick are a couple of them.

The slider under your thumb should be seen as a "slider" in the game.  I use it all the time.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 04:50:56 PM »
 To add to Skuzzy's imfo,the wheels are analog controls,look for them in that section. The I button,is a clutch button to shift functions and only works with the SST program. You may find the roller/push button on throttle doesnt work either,some report leaving the control panel active in task bar allows it to be programed but I never got mine to function.

If you map trim controls to the wheels,being analog they wont override combat trim so you must toggle off combat trim to allow the wheels to function!

Also you can use the SST to do many things but I found that I seldom used it and took advantage of AH's modes instead,you can map a whole new set of comands in mode 3 and/or 4 and simply toggle between modes.example,I had mode 3 setup for easy dual engine control for flying twins and had mode 4 setup to make flying bombers easier for me!

If you have any questions/problems feel free to look me up in the training arena,I'm there most nights or you can PM me if thats easier for you.

hope this helps,and Roy wasnt trying to step on your toes!!! :devil

:salute

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 07:06:17 PM »
If you leave the saitek program (the one where you can see when you press a button) open in the background while playing, all the buttons will work.

Not sure why it has to be open, just the way it is.

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 09:57:35 PM »
With the exception of the basic control axis, ALL of my X52 functions are programmed in the SST.  It allows me to do things that I cannot do in AH plus I think that it's easier to work with, not to mention that I have had issues with assignments in AH going missing.

Offline Fender16

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 07:34:18 AM »
If you leave the saitek program (the one where you can see when you press a button) open in the background while playing, all the buttons will work.

Not sure why it has to be open, just the way it is.

Wurz

That fixed it, thanks.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 09:18:58 AM »
There is an option in the saitek joystick settings in windows to turn the "i" button into a normal button so you can use it.  Otherwise it's set up to let you toggle through profiles on the fly (mostly useless)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 12:32:58 PM »
There is an option in the saitek joystick settings in windows to turn the "i" button into a normal button so you can use it.  Otherwise it's set up to let you toggle through profiles on the fly (mostly useless)

How would one go about doing that?

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 12:21:06 AM »
How would one go about doing that?

IIRC you right-click on the clutch button in the SST software and change it to "unprogrammed"

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 08:18:58 PM »
IIRC you right-click on the clutch button in the SST software and change it to "unprogrammed"

Oh...  I was hoping it didn't require the SST software.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 08:27:59 PM »
Oh...  I was hoping it didn't require the SST software.

No it doesn't.. it's in the windows settings for the stick.  SST software is not required *BUT* the Saitek drivers are required.